HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Jun 15, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #2,401 of 3,181
Is it possible to roll back the firmware to an earlier version? Or a flashing with an earlier version?
Unfortunately not.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 15, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #2,402 of 3,181
I’ve tried using the convolution plugin with some filters from Audeze for LCD-5 and just end up getting silenced when the plugin is loaded. Any thoughts? I’ve tried uninstalling the plugin reseting and reinstalling but no luck. It’s a little different from clicks as other has experienced but haven’t really seen any other solutions.
Can you upload your file here for reference?

Edit: from what I can gather this is a paid file. It also seems to be given at 384kHz. Note, you will have to resample such a file to 48 / 44.1kHz to get usable results on this portable player. For best results at resampling, you'd probably want to pad the file with silence before and after, and crop these out after resampling (taking care not to crop out any parts that aren't silent anymore because of the resampling)

Or, if an actual 44.1 or 48kHz version is available, specify one of those.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #2,403 of 3,181
Tried connecting my RS6 to a USB-2.0 port on my desktop PC, and the USB DAC function is working.
Looking forward to the next firmware update.

BTW - I also verified that my RS6 is still booting up every time with "USB Debugging" enabled - even if debugging was disabled before the RS6 was previously shut down.
This happens even when the RS6 is not connected to USB.
I hope the next firmware update addresses this issue, as well as the USB DAC function not working with USB-3.0.

Jun 15, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #2,405 of 3,181
Warming up for only 15 hours .... where did the bass go? I wonder the bass will return? Or is this firmware so interesting?
This thing should be put into burn-in for at least 200 hours.
Bass should be there after it if track does really have it 😉

Jun 15, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #2,406 of 3,181
Anybody ever had a problem with RS6 showing the wrong bitrate when playing a regular lossless track after an MQA track is being played in UAPP? This only happens in UAPP (in my case), but never in Hiby Music.

I can replicate this glitch by setting my playlist to shuffle. Let's say the next song that comes up after an MQA track is a regular lossless track, be it 44.1 24bit or 16bit (it seems to only happen with these files specifically), the bitrate will be displayed as 768k as if the DAP is unfolding an MQA track when clearly the song being played after, is not an MQA track.

I hope I am not confusing you guys.

Any settings that I must enable or disable in UAPP to correct this problem? Thank you in advance.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #2,407 of 3,181
Unfortunately not.
Especially if rollback not possible, hoping the new firmware correcting USB DAC on 3.0 ports is released soon to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Jun 15, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #2,408 of 3,181
Can you upload your file here for reference?

Edit: from what I can gather this is a paid file. It also seems to be given at 384kHz. Note, you will have to resample such a file to 48 / 44.1kHz to get usable results on this portable player. For best results at resampling, you'd probably want to pad the file with silence before and after, and crop these out after resampling (taking care not to crop out any parts that aren't silent anymore because of the resampling)

Or, if an actual 44.1 or 48kHz version is available, specify one of those.
They were shared by Audeze here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-dsp-presets-now-available-in-roon.858730/page-8#post-16996246
I was trying to use zero latency preset 44.1kHz, the linear presets weren't recognized by the plugin. I haven't tried padding the file yet.

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #2,409 of 3,181
They were shared by Audeze here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-dsp-presets-now-available-in-roon.858730/page-8#post-16996246
I was trying to use zero latency preset 44.1kHz, the linear presets weren't recognized by the plugin. I haven't tried padding the file yet.

Looks like the file was at 64bit res which I'm not sure if our plugin will handle.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8jr0sedm7ds25d/audeze-preset-44.1k-Zero-Delay-CRBN-32fixp.wav?dl=0

Here's an edited version that the current version of the plugin should handle.

Note, to update to the current version, you need to remove the plugin from your active plugin list, go to "available plugins" and delete it off the "local" list as well and redownload it from the Online repo.

Cheers,
Joe

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #2,410 of 3,181
That made it work. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Jun 15, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #2,411 of 3,181
Anybody ever had a problem with RS6 showing the wrong bitrate when playing a regular lossless track after an MQA track is being played in UAPP? This only happens in UAPP (in my case), but never in Hiby Music.

I can replicate this glitch by setting my playlist to shuffle. Let's say the next song that comes up after an MQA track is a regular lossless track, be it 44.1 24bit or 16bit (it seems to only happen with these files specifically), the bitrate will be displayed as 768k as if the DAP is unfolding an MQA track when clearly the song being played after, is not an MQA track.

I hope I am not confusing you guys.

Any settings that I must enable or disable in UAPP to correct this problem? Thank you in advance.
I hadn’t ever noticed this before, but now you mention it, I can occasionally get UAPP to replicate what you are seeing.

-I’ve got a Tidal playlist with a mix of MQA and HiFi tracks.
-If I let it play through them sequentially or randomly, I don’t see this behavior; I see the correct bit rate and LED colour to match MQA or HiFi
-However, if I skip between MQA and HiFi tracks, sometimes when going from MQA->HiFi track, the display will remain 768k and the LED stays orange, even though a HiFi track is playing.
-MOST times, though it is displaying properly
-SQ that I am hearing is always correct.

It’s that last point that makes me not worry too much about this.

If the UI/LED are sometimes not displaying properly, that is a minor bug that I can forgive.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #2,412 of 3,181
Hi guys
Don't know if it was mentioned before but I am wondering in which cases the Darwin settings /IEM presets are being applied
- in Hiby music app
- all native streaming apps like Tidal, Qobuz, Apple Music
- also in 3rd party players like UApp (if not playing bit perfect?)

Thx!

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #2,413 of 3,181
I believe MQA and anything over 24/96 it will not apply ( or at least I don't hear it).

Of course, you must first disable NOS.

I'm having so much new musical experience with dita audio PPT and RS6, it is a testament to how good RS6 is and how it was limited in its true potential by other IEM.

If PPT wasn't a loaner IEM, I would have had it on the bus right now.

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #2,414 of 3,181
My thoughts and impressions on the Hiby RS6 after owning it for some time now:

Sound Impressions:
After having the iBasso DX300 + Amp11mk2 for over 8 months, I knew something was missing from my music that I couldn't pinpoint. After some discussion among friends one of them suggested I try the Hiby RS6 and I am so glad I did! The RS6 provided a sense of warmth and excitement in my music that I was missing from the DX300. The DX300 also leans brights which doesn't play well with bright-leaning transducers that I own, like the Symphonium Audio Helios, so the easier treble listening + better dynamics + warmth is an easy win for me for the RS6 over the DX300.

Usability and Features:
-The Darwin software is great and a tinkerer's dream, I can really see endless possibilities from the DSP engine and I hope it'll be supported in the future!
-The poweramp equalizer app does work with the RS6 which didn't on the DX300 so that means you can easily apply PEQ if you so choose to, I don't know if the Darwin function will work though.
-Having the volume wheel protected and not protruding means you can easily put this in your pocket and not have to worry about accidentally turning off the DX300 (which has happened to me in many occasions)
-The idle auto-shutdown feature is a great idea and I'm surprised more DAP manufacturers don't have this.
-This is a fast DAP! Very snappy like the DX300 and fits in the palm of your hand

Misc Thoughts:
I bought this Hiby RS6 from MusicTeck. Communicating with Andrew was an easy and delightful experience. I had wanted to change my shipping after I made my order on MusicTeck and Andrew was very quick on helping me get sorted. For those US based, I'd recommend getting from MusicTeck because you'll get quick warranty support if something were to happen and shipping won't cost an arm and a leg.

Conclusion:
I've sold my DX300 and am happy to call the RS6 my endgame DAP (for now I guess).

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #2,415 of 3,181
My thoughts and impressions on the Hiby RS6 after owning it for some time now:

Sound Impressions:
After having the iBasso DX300 + Amp11mk2 for over 8 months, I knew something was missing from my music that I couldn't pinpoint. After some discussion among friends one of them suggested I try the Hiby RS6 and I am so glad I did! The RS6 provided a sense of warmth and excitement in my music that I was missing from the DX300. The DX300 also leans brights which doesn't play well with bright-leaning transducers that I own, like the Symphonium Audio Helios, so the easier treble listening + better dynamics + warmth is an easy win for me for the RS6 over the DX300.

Usability and Features:
-The Darwin software is great and a tinkerer's dream, I can really see endless possibilities from the DSP engine and I hope it'll be supported in the future!
-The poweramp equalizer app does work with the RS6 which didn't on the DX300 so that means you can easily apply PEQ if you so choose to, I don't know if the Darwin function will work though.
-Having the volume wheel protected and not protruding means you can easily put this in your pocket and not have to worry about accidentally turning off the DX300 (which has happened to me in many occasions)
-The idle auto-shutdown feature is a great idea and I'm surprised more DAP manufacturers don't have this.
-This is a fast DAP! Very snappy like the DX300 and fits in the palm of your hand

Misc Thoughts:
I bought this Hiby RS6 from MusicTeck. Communicating with Andrew was an easy and delightful experience. I had wanted to change my shipping after I made my order on MusicTeck and Andrew was very quick on helping me get sorted. For those US based, I'd recommend getting from MusicTeck because you'll get quick warranty support if something were to happen and shipping won't cost an arm and a leg.

Conclusion:
I've sold my DX300 and am happy to call the RS6 my endgame DAP (for now I guess).

Nice write-up and description.
Just a small, off topic observation - When seen as a small image, your avatar looks like the face of Darth Vader, rather than a photo of your audio equipment. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back