Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Aug 6, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #2,296 of 4,000
Dear John,

After further consultation, if by the upper right you mean touching part of the chassis and not any part of the screen (thus not interacting with the UI in any way), this would be a confirmed defect and you may send in your unit for repair / replacement.

Musicteck will be updated on the matter and the technical issue.

Best regards,
Joe

Joe, thanks for the speedy reply. I think I am going to send the unit back for a refund and keep my X7 for awhile. I love the sound of the player, but quality control is a serious issue for me. Spending close to $1000 for a DAP leaves no room for error when it comes to hardware in my book. Firmware is another story. The original X7 is finally solid after 3 years lol. It's apparent that the problems with the DAP in this thread are common. Unless I can be convinced otherwise, perhaps the kind and great people here can guide me to a solid player for the money in the future?

Edit: Since I like the player so much I will give Hiby a second chance to send me a flawless player. If I receive a second lemon, I will return it for a refund.

Best regards,
John

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2,297 of 4,000
I am getting the R6 Pro in a few weeks, and plan on using earbuds most of the time.

But when I travel, I'm going to continue using my Bose QC 35 for their noise canceling and comfort.

How would you guys recommend connecting them? I prefer a hard wired connection, but should I use the normal headphone out on the R6 Pro, or the line out?

Since the Bose are powered headphones, I imagine that they have their own built-in amplifiers.

The tone changes completely when the noise cancellation is on compared to when it is off, which makes me think that when it is off, they are passive, and when it is on, they are active.

Normally with headphones I'd use the headphone out, but I thought I'd run this question by you guys.

Or maybe it's a question better suited for a thread about noise canceling headphones.

Aug 6, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #2,298 of 4,000
New R6 Pro owner here, really liking the unit so far. 2 quick questions:

1. the transport buttons seem to be backwards. The play button triangle points toward the top of the device, the top skip button, which points in the same direction, actually skips backwards, while the bottom button, whose triangle point in the opposite direction, skips forward. Not a huge issue, just a little confusing? Are they all like this (they must be)

2. I tried playing a DSD ISO from my server, the display at the bottom of the album art says 44.1Khz | 16bits | 843Kbps, while the info you get by tapping that display says : sample rate 2822 KHz, 1 bit, DSD (Raw). The display bar at the top of the screen reports 2.8M, too.It plays for a few seconds then the app locks up. Am I doing something wrong?

Aug 6, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #2,299 of 4,000
Yeah, I wish the forward and back buttons were reversed.

I think other DAPs have the button closer to the top advance to the next track.

It would be nice if there was an option in the settings to reverse them for those of us who are used to the top button being forward and the bottom button being reverse.

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #2,300 of 4,000
Yeah, I wish the forward and back buttons were reversed.

I think other DAPs have the button closer to the top advance to the next track.

It would be nice if there was an option in the settings to reverse them for those of us who are used to the top button being forward and the bottom button being reverse.

Yeah, that gets me everytime I switch back to the R6Pro.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #2,302 of 4,000
I am getting the R6 Pro in a few weeks, and plan on using earbuds most of the time.

But when I travel, I'm going to continue using my Bose QC 35 for their noise canceling and comfort.

How would you guys recommend connecting them? I prefer a hard wired connection, but should I use the normal headphone out on the R6 Pro, or the line out?

Since the Bose are powered headphones, I imagine that they have their own built-in amplifiers.

The tone changes completely when the noise cancellation is on compared to when it is off, which makes me think that when it is off, they are passive, and when it is on, they are active.

Normally with headphones I'd use the headphone out, but I thought I'd run this question by you guys.

Or maybe it's a question better suited for a thread about noise canceling headphones.
Technically, you may connect them to the line out when NC is active and the headphone out when it is off.
This works on the R6(pro) because the line out volume is also adjustable.
But on another player where the line out is fixed, it would also be fine to connect them to the headphone out even when NC is active.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 7, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #2,303 of 4,000
New R6 Pro owner here, really liking the unit so far. 2 quick questions:

1. the transport buttons seem to be backwards. The play button triangle points toward the top of the device, the top skip button, which points in the same direction, actually skips backwards, while the bottom button, whose triangle point in the opposite direction, skips forward. Not a huge issue, just a little confusing? Are they all like this (they must be)

The buttons were built that way, but then we thought the current actual arrangement would be more intuitive, as in any list the next track appears *below* the current one. No?

2. I tried playing a DSD ISO from my server, the display at the bottom of the album art says 44.1Khz | 16bits | 843Kbps, while the info you get by tapping that display says : sample rate 2822 KHz, 1 bit, DSD (Raw). The display bar at the top of the screen reports 2.8M, too.It plays for a few seconds then the app locks up. Am I doing something wrong?

Let me get back to you on this one...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #2,304 of 4,000
The buttons were built that way, but then we thought the current actual arrangement would be more intuitive, as in any list the next track appears *below* the current one. No?

I see your point, it's just the icons on the buttons seem to be in disagreement, no biggie, just a curiosity.

Thanks for taking time to answer.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #2,309 of 4,000

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #2,310 of 4,000
So, Is anyone having trouble playing video from plex app. Everytime I try the app locks up. It works fine for my music library, and other apps, like VLC, don't have any problem with videos I try to play. I just upgraded plex to the latest version this morning from Google Play hoping that would fix it, but no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back