Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 15, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #3,991 of 4,000
Hi. Any news about a software update?
I would be interested to hear, if the TIDAL issue still exists with the latest versions of TIDAL?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 17, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #3,992 of 4,000
I would be interested to hear, if the TIDAL issue still exists with the latest versions of TIDAL?
Curious myself what's going on with the older Android Hiby DAPs although I don't own a streaming Hiby player.

My Shanling M6 Pro 21 w/Android 7.1.1 and Snapdragon 430 still has an issue with the latest Tidal app (2.96.XX) and MQA tracks in particular--a sort of static popping as they play. Straight Tidal FLAC 24/192 and 24/96 (w/latest Shanling firmware) play fine now. Shanling is aware of this MQA issue and have been unsuccessful, so far, in fixing it. Interestingly, UAPP works fine in my Shanling for all flavors of Tidal streams, so it's been kind of a lifesaver. If I want to use the Tidal Android app I still just use V2.86.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #3,993 of 4,000
2.96.0 Build: 1144 plays flac 24-bit, the sound has become much quieter when compared with Hiby music and UAPP. And if MQA plays, I sometimes hear clicks
yes, the sound has definitely changed and not for the better
P.S. The situation was corrected by deleting all application data and reinstalling the application

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #3,994 of 4,000
Version 2.97.0 Build: 1145 flac 24-bit Playback error
There was an unexpected error. Try again later.
(-1:3:4003)

IMG_3292.png

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #3,995 of 4,000
Version 2.97.0 Build: 1145 flac 24-bit Playback error
There was an unexpected error. Try again later.
(-1:3:4003)

IMG_3292.png
Nice of TIDAL to break something that was working perfectly fine on old devices from any other app (FLAC playback).

We will try to work around them on the next update if there is one. :frowning2:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #3,996 of 4,000
Nice of TIDAL to break something that was working perfectly fine on old devices from any other app (FLAC playback).

We will try to work around them on the next update if there is one. :frowning2:

Hiby should at least for once, maintain the Android version of the players up to date, even if it was a once in the lifetime of the product, update.

You already RELEASE YEARS OLD firmwares with TOP of the line products. Products that cost more than the top of the line and more expensive phone that I have, the Galaxy Z Fold 5, from Samsung.
I am sure you don't have half the difficult of production as Samsung has with a foldable phone, and I am even more sure that it doesn't cost even half of the price, to produce a R8 or RS8 DAP.
The bare minimum should be maintain a product longevity as much as possible, but this industry is in need of a shock of reality and start to get the critics that it is well deserved.

You continue to release players with 3 GB of ram! It's 2024, not 2004. This is already a obsolete player. Obviously is barely able to use Android, imagine have to open and keep open two or three apps.

It's really nasty this kind of actitud. Kind of what Astell & Kern did/do, without showing what is the processor, even less, the amount of ram that it is in their product.
But they even dare to "open" their system (years ago, I know) and show that they were using Android, and as a Christmas miracle, we were able to use some apps, streaming apps, that no one thought it was possible.

So, instead of keep saying that you Hiby (and the others) are innovating, just innovate. Having a player that cost 3/4K USD and using Android 11 if you already have the beta of Android 15 being released?
And worse, using Snapdragon 425/665 that is from an old platform it's just disgusting.

Sorry not sorry for who will feel pain in their elbows, but the reality and the true are very old already.

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #3,997 of 4,000
Hiby should at least for once, maintain the Android version of the players up to date, even if it was a once in the lifetime of the product, update.

You already RELEASE YEARS OLD firmwares with TOP of the line products. Products that cost more than the top of the line and more expensive phone that I have, the Galaxy Z Fold 5, from Samsung.
I am sure you don't have half the difficult of production as Samsung has with a foldable phone, and I am even more sure that it doesn't cost even half of the price, to produce a R8 or RS8 DAP.
The bare minimum should be maintain a product longevity as much as possible, but this industry is in need of a shock of reality and start to get the critics that it is well deserved.

You continue to release players with 3 GB of ram! It's 2024, not 2004. This is already a obsolete player. Obviously is barely able to use Android, imagine have to open and keep open two or three apps.

It's really nasty this kind of actitud. Kind of what Astell & Kern did/do, without showing what is the processor, even less, the amount of ram that it is in their product.
But they even dare to "open" their system (years ago, I know) and show that they were using Android, and as a Christmas miracle, we were able to use some apps, streaming apps, that no one thought it was possible.

So, instead of keep saying that you Hiby (and the others) are innovating, just innovate. Having a player that cost 3/4K USD and using Android 11 if you already have the beta of Android 15 being released?
And worse, using Snapdragon 425/665 that is from an old platform it's just disgusting.

Sorry not sorry for who will feel pain in their elbows, but the reality and the true are very old already.
Then enjoy listening to your phone. Ever hear of economies of scale? Tidal has done this numerous times for no good reason I can think of and there is nothing wrong with older Android OS for these devices unless you’re a Tidal engineer and I use the term loosely. MQA🤪

Apr 2, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #3,998 of 4,000

These are audio players, not smartphones. And these "very old" hardware and firmware are capable of audio processing on a scale not possible with any smartphone without rooting (e.g. systemwide arbitrary audio effects, not talking about Wavelet which is limited to Android system effects. Concrete examples: MSEB, convolution, dynamic expansion (DRX10K)). And have professional DAC and amplification circuitry not found on any smartphone, which is the point of the whole exercise and the target of most spending (as it should be).

Truth be told, Android 6 running on a 2010 MediaTek processor would also be enough to support playback and even processing of all audio formats, online or offline, if it weren't for this constant churn of planned obsolescence of operating systems. BUT, TIDAL claims compatibility with the OS on the R6pro (as does most other major streaming platforms, and they actually work), it's time they made good on the claim. Or they could cop out and remove the claimed compatibility, I don't know.

Are you seriously comparing A&K favourably to us when their "Christmas miracle" is NOT disclosing their processor and RAM and opening their system to third party app installs, both of which are either equal or inferior to what we do as a matter of course?

Last edited:

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #3,999 of 4,000
Hiby music app v2.0.9 build 6071 does not play 24-bit flac on Tidal.
The Tidal home page in the Hiby music app is empty.
If you open My Collection-> Tracks and scroll to the end of the list, the songs will not play.
Tidal and UAPP think they are connected to a mobile network, not wi-fi.
You left this device with such a set of faults.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #4,000 of 4,000
Hiby music app v2.0.9 build 6071 does not play 24-bit flac on Tidal.
The Tidal home page in the Hiby music app is empty.
If you open My Collection-> Tracks and scroll to the end of the list, the songs will not play.
Tidal and UAPP think they are connected to a mobile network, not wi-fi.
You left this device with such a set of faults.
None of these "faults" were present when our last firmware for this device was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back