Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,381 of 4,000
Mar 16, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #1,382 of 4,000
Has anyone figured out how the sorting works for albums on the R6 Pro? I have a lot of albums that have the "Various Artist" tag with different artists per track, and a lot of them have the same first word in the name and they are being sorted out of order.
If you browse using the "Albums" first-level tab instead of Artists, all your albums would be in one piece. Not ideal, I know, but that's how it works for now.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 16, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #1,383 of 4,000
If you browse using the "Albums" first-level tab instead of Artists, all your albums would be in one piece. Not ideal, I know, but that's how it works for now.

While we're on the subject of sorting, I would like to request an option to sort by "album artist" tag in a future version. I don't understand why this hardly ever seems to be implemented in modern DAPs, because it's a great way to sort IMO. Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #1,387 of 4,000
Can someone tell me how to get Hiby music to download to my card instead of internal storage?

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #1,389 of 4,000
yes but when using the hiby music app to import music (hd tracks) via wifi shouldn't I be able to direct it to my micro card instead of the internal storage? Somehow I was able to do this with the Qobuz app as a storage menu popped up when I was downloading it.

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #1,391 of 4,000
No problem. Anybody else? Mine gets very sluggish when the internal memory gets near full.

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #1,393 of 4,000
For those that are still "on the fence" about buying an R6 Pro (well - I fell off the fence after getting sucker punched) with competitors announcing new models coming out in the next few months - it was a disappointment for me when HiBy basically offered us a non-discount (free case) to buy on the international release announcement.

I know that some of you have touted what a great deal it is even at the $799/$828 price point but let's have a short recap of HiBy's prior discounts offered:

Original R6 was a 20% discount
R3 was a 18% discount
W5 was a 45% discount

R6 Pro - ahhhh yes - let's increase the price by $29 then offer a $29 discount (3.5%) and a free case while our local customers still can purchase for approximately $650 USD equivalent... Joe Bloggs warned us not to expect anything significant but that was an understatement. All the rhetoric over that last several pages attempting to justify this differential pricing is just a bunch of baloney. From what I have seen in following many manufacturers over several years on the forums here I can't recall any other devices that had differential pricing like HiBy decided to do here.

Of course, we all understand that HiBy can choose to charge whatever they would like for their products and I have no issue there but I have to wonder if the changes from the R6 to the R6 Pro warrant the $229 price increase only for international customers?

And we also understand that nobody is forcing us to buy this or any other product for that matter.

So the bottom line of my post is for HiBy to reconsider their R6 Pro discount or even possibly offer special pricing for forums members here to be more in line with prior product release specials...

Would you rather sell 10,000 devices at $50 profit each or 1,000 devices at $200 profit each? Yes - one gives you a much better profit margin but the other gives you a heck of a lot more profit dollars in your pocket.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #1,394 of 4,000
While we're on the subject of sorting, I would like to request an option to sort by "album artist" tag in a future version. I don't understand why this hardly ever seems to be implemented in modern DAPs, because it's a great way to sort IMO. Thanks!

I second that ...

Add my name to that list.

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #1,395 of 4,000
For those that are still "on the fence" about buying an R6 Pro (well - I fell off the fence after getting sucker punched) with competitors announcing new models coming out in the next few months - it was a disappointment for me when HiBy basically offered us a non-discount (free case) to buy on the international release announcement.

I know that some of you have touted what a great deal it is even at the $799/$828 price point but let's have a short recap of HiBy's prior discounts offered:

Original R6 was a 20% discount
R3 was a 18% discount
W5 was a 45% discount

R6 Pro - ahhhh yes - let's increase the price by $29 then offer a $29 discount (3.5%) and a free case while our local customers still can purchase for approximately $650 USD equivalent... Joe Bloggs warned us not to expect anything significant but that was an understatement. All the rhetoric over that last several pages attempting to justify this differential pricing is just a bunch of baloney. From what I have seen in following many manufacturers over several years on the forums here I can't recall any other devices that had differential pricing like HiBy decided to do here.

Of course, we all understand that HiBy can choose to charge whatever they would like for their products and I have no issue there but I have to wonder if the changes from the R6 to the R6 Pro warrant the $229 price increase only for international customers?

And we also understand that nobody is forcing us to buy this or any other product for that matter.

So the bottom line of my post is for HiBy to reconsider their R6 Pro discount or even possibly offer special pricing for forums members here to be more in line with prior product release specials...

Would you rather sell 10,000 devices at $50 profit each or 1,000 devices at $200 profit each? Yes - one gives you a much better profit margin but the other gives you a heck of a lot more profit dollars in your pocket.

Cheers,
Tim
Yes, all true, and I “liked” the post. But a different set of questions for those thinking about this DAP is (a) do you need a new DAP, (b) what features do you need, (c) what options exist that meet a and b, and (d) what price are you willing to pay for something that meets a and b. Seems that focusing on essentially that they should charge less misses the points about what is needed, what options exist, and what all of that is worth. But, I get it, less expensive for the same value is always better.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back