Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 14, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #1,366 of 4,006
Thats good to know.. I had assumed the HK$ 4998 (US$ 630) price for the Pro (international version) is only temporary and will be lifted soon. I hope more head-fiers make use of such a good price over time - once they figured out a way to have it shipped out of Hong Kong to their locations.

Didn't know that the Pro isn't gaining much traction in Hong Kong. Could it also be that the Hiby is seen as somewhat of a "local" (Chinese brand), and hence doesn't have much "status" with it as a local home brand, and consumers in HK are more keen on foreign and imported branded daps?

Very much agree on the 2nd point, consumer in HK are more keen on foreign brands, e.g. A&K, Sony..Etc.

From what I've experienced since I replaced my SP1000m & SR15 with the R6pro, I do think the R6 pro is a killer product, even for $799, it's a steal.

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #1,367 of 4,006
Very much agree on the 2nd point, consumer in HK are more keen on foreign brands, e.g. A&K, Sony..Etc.

From what I've experienced since I replaced my SP1000m & SR15 with the R6pro, I do think the R6 pro is a killer product, even for $799, it's a steal.

What’s your opinion on sonic capability of R6 Pro versus the AK? Both SE and BAL output. TIA

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #1,368 of 4,006
What’s your opinion on sonic capability of R6 Pro versus the AK? Both SE and BAL output. TIA

SP1000m is warmer, smoother, they are quite different in signature. I think R6pro should be compare with SE100 instead.

SE on AK is just too soft.
Bal on R6 pro is much more powerful, but beware on the hiss problem for low sensitivity IEM.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #1,369 of 4,006
SP1000m is warmer, smoother, they are quite different in signature. I think R6pro should be compare with SE100 instead.

SE on AK is just too soft.
Bal on R6 pro is much more powerful, but beware on the hiss problem for low sensitivity IEM.
Do you recommend iEMatch for the balanced? Obviously would require an adapter...

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #1,370 of 4,006
Do you recommend iEMatch for the balanced? Obviously would require an adapter...

I use IEMatch personally. It's connected through the Caiyin adapter that came included with my R6 Pro, but it seems worth it to me to get rid of the background hiss. It's just clean sound now using my Campfire Andromedas. Truthfully would've preferred if I didn't have to use an IEmatch, but I guess we can't win it all.

Mar 15, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #1,371 of 4,006
I use IEMatch personally. It's connected through the Caiyin adapter that came included with my R6 Pro, but it seems worth it to me to get rid of the background hiss. It's just clean sound now using my Campfire Andromedas. Truthfully would've preferred if I didn't have to use an IEmatch, but I guess we can't win it all.
Yeah, I use the iEMatch with my DM6 and MD+ when listening through the xDSD... goofy to have an adapter to deal with sensitive earphones, but not a deal killer... looking forward to getting the R6 Pro!

Mar 15, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #1,373 of 4,006
AMP3 is listing this as £799 (which is about over $1000)

This price is a joke, but sadly predictable .. I see it most of the time, including with obvious examples like Apple products.

Does IE March , in any shape or form, no matter how small, have a negative effect on sound/audio qualities coming out of the IEMs? Eg filtering certain frequencies etc Just trying to figure out if there is a downside to using them .. (with the upside being hiss reduction)

I would also add, does using the IEMatch with the R6 Pro introduce any EMI noises .. am thinking of that wire between the connectors of IEMatch acting as an antenna to absorb interference ..

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,374 of 4,006
Well, it's still here this morning :) But it lost about 20% battery charge, without any usage and with all apps closed.
Android . It sucks battery in the background even if apps are closed .I'd suggest shutting it down when not in use or at least turn off WiFi and BT so it isn't communicating w big brother all night long

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #1,375 of 4,006
The more I'm reading of this DAP on this forum the more my enthusiasm to purchase is evaporating. I think I'll leave it six months or so to see how it all pans out. I'm enjoying Tidal Masters on my iPhone with Audeze iSine 20's/cipher cable right now. Also able to play Hi-Res audio files via installed NePlayer app, so in no big hurry to spend £600. If there was a way of playing my DSD ISO files in a portable pocket friendly device that didn't require added hardware I'd lose interest completely.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #1,377 of 4,006
Yep! It's on iPhone & iPad from this week. I couldn't get it at first so re-installed the Tidal app. Although having said this, I've never found out if the Audeze cipher DAC is Tidal compatible, but it sounds a whole lot better, so If I'm wrong I'll be happy in my ignorance.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #1,378 of 4,006
Is there anyway I can download the new firmware on a microSD for installation instead?

Mar 15, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,379 of 4,006
Has anyone figured out how the sorting works for albums on the R6 Pro? I have a lot of albums that have the "Various Artist" tag with different artists per track, and a lot of them have the same first word in the name and they are being sorted out of order.

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,380 of 4,006
The HK dealer I got mine from online (Lets go audio) still seems to have one left in stock at HK$ 4998 (US$ 630). Mine is international edition with no EMI issues. Someone should grab this/order quickly, before they correct the price now that Hiby announced official price at US$ 799. The only thing is they only deliver to HK, so either use a forwarding agent like me, or if you know someone in HK who you can send this to etc etc. Their homepage is is in Chinese, but you can select English language from top right, and its pretty easy to order and pay.

Good to know... In this price range what options are more popular in Hong Kong?

Yep, pretty much like what Duncan21 said, foreign brands are more sought after. Strangely the more expensive it is, the more popular it gets. So you have a lot of people rocking a Sony WM1Z or a AK SP1000 variant. The next tier, like the Sony WM1A, is popular too which priced at HKD10000 mark. The HKD 4000 to HKD 5000 range is dominate by Onkyo DP-X1A and its Pioneer variant. Followed are all the China branded DAPs by Fiio, Cayin, iBasso, etc which all fight in the similar range as the R6Pro. So Hiby isn't particularly appealing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back