Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 17, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #1,416 of 4,000
It now does not power back on .I tried power and volume up and now it just has the dead Android dude and the no command .Is my unit now screwed?

Below links taken from an earlier post

International R6 Pro firmware link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18b...gxuuyBr0v5uCWYYD8dn5dk4L_rvFfnORt3p2boSd5X0NI

Chinese R6 Pro firmware link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GD...MQRrgZ4xEfedS5PfjYKQawzi32JGR3LfVg8ZdDsYpGK84

Not posted links here before, so not sure they work. Will PM you these just in case

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #1,417 of 4,000
For those that are still "on the fence" about buying an R6 Pro (well - I fell off the fence after getting sucker punched) with competitors announcing new models coming out in the next few months - it was a disappointment for me when HiBy basically offered us a non-discount (free case) to buy on the international release announcement.

I know that some of you have touted what a great deal it is even at the $799/$828 price point but let's have a short recap of HiBy's prior discounts offered:

Original R6 was a 20% discount
R3 was a 18% discount
W5 was a 45% discount

R6 Pro - ahhhh yes - let's increase the price by $29 then offer a $29 discount (3.5%) and a free case while our local customers still can purchase for approximately $650 USD equivalent... Joe Bloggs warned us not to expect anything significant but that was an understatement. All the rhetoric over that last several pages attempting to justify this differential pricing is just a bunch of baloney. From what I have seen in following many manufacturers over several years on the forums here I can't recall any other devices that had differential pricing like HiBy decided to do here.

Of course, we all understand that HiBy can choose to charge whatever they would like for their products and I have no issue there but I have to wonder if the changes from the R6 to the R6 Pro warrant the $229 price increase only for international customers?

And we also understand that nobody is forcing us to buy this or any other product for that matter.

So the bottom line of my post is for HiBy to reconsider their R6 Pro discount or even possibly offer special pricing for forums members here to be more in line with prior product release specials...

Would you rather sell 10,000 devices at $50 profit each or 1,000 devices at $200 profit each? Yes - one gives you a much better profit margin but the other gives you a heck of a lot more profit dollars in your pocket.

Cheers,
Tim
Well Said!!

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,418 of 4,000
It now does not power back on .I tried power and volume up and now it just has the dead Android dude and the no command .Is my unit now screwed?
Please press the power button ONLY for 15 seconds to shut it down / restart (press power button again to start it if necessary, again power button ONLY) and see if it works

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 17, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,419 of 4,000
Good hardware marred by questionable marketing method and sketchy after sales support.

But I’m getting one anyway, trying my luck. If disappointed, I will triple down and get Cayin N8 (although it’s not a “complete package” product).

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #1,420 of 4,000
Good hardware marred by questionable marketing method and sketchy after sales support.

But I’m getting one anyway, trying my luck. If disappointed, I will triple down and get Cayin N8 (although it’s not a “complete package” product).
If that's how you feel, why are you buying it in the first place?
If you want everything in one device and smooth operation then buy SP1000.

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #1,423 of 4,000
Please press the power button ONLY for 15 seconds to shut it down / restart (press power button again to start it if necessary, again power button ONLY) and see if it works
Ok. Back on .just worried that I'm heading for a complete failure as w normal bootup the player failed twice now and needed to be rebooted. And the SD card showed up as corrupted until removed and reinserted and tidal crashed 5 times. Doesn't seem like a coincidence . should I be worried?

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #1,424 of 4,000
Hi @Joe Bloggs,

I am trying to connect my iPhone 8 Puls via Bluetooth to the R6 Pro so that I can play some music from my iPhone and listen on the R6 Pro via its headphone port. So far, I have been unsuccessful in connecting the two devices. I got the pair device pop ups on both devices, and when I press the pair button on each device no connection was made between my iPhone and the R6 Pro. Both pop ups displayed the same code on both devices? I have tried several times with the same failure result. I am not sure what else to do. Can you please help? I would greatly appreciate your help. The same issue when I tried to connect the R6 Pro with my iPad Pro.

Thanks.

Mar 17, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,425 of 4,000
Hi @Joe Bloggs,

I am trying to connect my iPhone 8 Puls via Bluetooth to the R6 Pro so that I can play some music from my iPhone and listen on the R6 Pro via its headphone port. So far, I have been unsuccessful in connecting the two devices. I got the pair device pop ups on both devices, and when I press the pair button on each device no connection was made between my iPhone and the R6 Pro. Both pop ups displayed the same code on both devices? I have tried several times with the same failure result. I am not sure what else to do. Can you please help? I would greatly appreciate your help. The same issue when I tried to connect the R6 Pro with my iPad Pro.

Thanks.
I have same issue w Android phone .
Can't get hiby link to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back