Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Aug 19, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #3,843 of 4,006
I know it’s probably a longshot, but was wondering if there will ever be any more Firmware updates for the R6 Pro?

Since I took ownership of one, I’ve been mostly very satisfied. However, the Wi-Fi seems to get very glitchy at times.

Not even sure a firmware update would fix it, but was just curious In general.

Aug 19, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #3,844 of 4,006
...I’ve been mostly very satisfied. However, the Wi-Fi seems to get very glitchy at times...
Single most consistent complaint about this DAP (and most others).

Aug 19, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #3,845 of 4,006
Single most consistent complaint about this DAP (and most others).

Oh OK, I figured I just got a bad model. So you understand the frustration then I’m guessing

I know nothing is perfect, but I think if people spend a good amount of money on these products, they should work the vast majority of time.

Other than that, when it does work, I think it sounds great.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #3,846 of 4,006
Oh OK, I figured I just got a bad model. So you understand the frustration then I’m guessing

I know nothing is perfect, but I think if people spend a good amount of money on these products, they should work the vast majority of time.

Other than that, when it does work, I think it sounds great.
Yes. My 'Waterloo' was the Hugo2/2Go combo. Great sound, awkward user experience, poor WiFi.

I do notice my R6 picking up RF noise from my iPhone if they are very close together (within 6 inches or so). Otherwise, I would say its WiFi performance is on a par with other DAPs I've owned (perhaps benefitting from 'lowered expectations').

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #3,847 of 4,006
That’s awesome thanks for testing that!

@Joe Bloggs i‘m experiencing rapid battery drain whenever my R6 Pro isn’t connected to a charging cable, even when the screen is off, no headphones or other devices are connected, and no music is playing.

is anyone else having This issue?

thanks!

Mine started doing this about a week ago. Almost exactly 2 years after purchasing it.

I can fully charge it, play one album, then it usually randomly drops to about 29% battery.

Then I go to start another album, and the sound is very quiet and very distorted... completely unusable after an hour of a full charge.

The only way to keep it running is to leave it plugged in to a power source.

It also won't let me log in to Google Play anymore, so I can't check for updates.

Aug 29, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #3,848 of 4,006
That’s awesome thanks for testing that!

@Joe Bloggs i‘m experiencing rapid battery drain whenever my R6 Pro isn’t connected to a charging cable, even when the screen is off, no headphones or other devices are connected, and no music is playing.

is anyone else having This issue?

thanks!
It could either be a software issue (needing to enable all permissions for google services, or disable Google Find My Phone, your choice), or a hardware issue (email service@hiby.com ). I suggest trying the software fix first then emailing hiby... Feel free to write back if requiring further details regarding the software fix...

(1. you go to Settings->Apps and find Google Play Services and turn on all its permissions.
2. is an alternative I have heard of but never explored how to actually do myself)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 29, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #3,849 of 4,006
Mine started doing this about a week ago. Almost exactly 2 years after purchasing it.

I can fully charge it, play one album, then it usually randomly drops to about 29% battery.

Then I go to start another album, and the sound is very quiet and very distorted... completely unusable after an hour of a full charge.

The only way to keep it running is to leave it plugged in to a power source.

It also won't let me log in to Google Play anymore, so I can't check for updates.
That sounds like one for service@hiby.com

As for updates, updates for the player are administered by the independent updating app or the update tab inside settings->about device .

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 2, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #3,851 of 4,006
New firmware update

I must confess, I thought firmware updates for this model were long over.

Agreed. Very pleased to see continued support.

Sep 2, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #3,853 of 4,006
@Joe Bloggs

My R6 Pro says

Current

R6ProInt_1.7G_20191213_1714

But when I try 'Check for Updates' it spins and says

'Checking for updates ...'

and then I get:

Network connection failed(failed to connect to fota5s.xxx.com/119.28.184.101 (port 443) from /192.168.101.20 (port 47288) after 15000ms)

Help please!

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #3,855 of 4,006
Is there possible to shared latest firmware just released? My refused go with online update.

As far as I know, the updates are OTA only. I have heard of people having success with removing the SD card and retrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back