Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Sep 24, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #3,871 of 4,006
I'm almost positive it's baked in to the OS and the DTA (Direct Transport Architecture). I'll poke around and see if I see anything in the system apps.

@myromeo

I looked around and could not find anything (including system apps) that looked like a separate app for the bitrate display. If you have any ideas on what it might look like, let me know and I'll look again.

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #3,872 of 4,006
Plays just fine on my R6 Pro. Yellow light and all. Takes a millisecond to switch over to MQA but once you're in, it plays the whole album without any pauses.

20201208_132841_HDR.jpg
Hi...

I have a HiBy R6 Pro.

I've just signed up to Tidal HiFi plus for three months for £2.

I tried streaming the above track and I only get 88.2K? How do I get the full 352.8K?

Also, the HiBy music app on the R6 Pro is version 1.4.0. There's no option to update in the play store. I even tried downloading the 4.1 APK but it wouldn't install even with permission?

Can anyone help?

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #3,873 of 4,006
Hi...

I have a HiBy R6 Pro.

I've just signed up to Tidal HiFi plus for three months for £2.

I tried streaming the above track and I only get 88.2K? How do I get the full 352.8K?

Also, the HiBy music app on the R6 Pro is version 1.4.0. There's no option to update in the play store. I even tried downloading the 4.1 APK but it wouldn't install even with permission?

Can anyone help?
1. please update to the latest firmware (you will need to go to firmware update to check for updates after each update, until all incremental updates have been applied
2. HiBy Music on the R players are a different build from the one for mobile phones. You do NOT want the two mixed up. The one on the R players, can only be updated by firmware update and/or update within the app itself.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 26, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #3,874 of 4,006
1. please update to the latest firmware (you will need to go to firmware update to check for updates after each update, until all incremental updates have been applied
2. HiBy Music on the R players are a different build from the one for mobile phones. You do NOT want the two mixed up. The one on the R players, can only be updated by firmware update and/or update within the app itself.
WOW... what a quick reply. Thank you.

I've had the player for some time but it's not been used for ages. Just decided to use it again.

Am doing the incremental updates as we speak and will report back...

Nov 26, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #3,875 of 4,006
All done and working flawlessly... thank you.

One more quick question... can you play offline Tidal downloads in the HiBy Music app?

Nov 26, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #3,876 of 4,006
All done and working flawlessly... thank you.

One more quick question... can you play offline Tidal downloads in the HiBy Music app?
Unfortunately not. This is not supported by the third party API given by TIDAL.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #3,878 of 4,006
Is there an equaliser app that works with Tidal on the R6 Pro? The ones that have been posted previously on this thread that purport to work actually don't work.

I've found some on the play store that work with my android phone over bluetooth but when I search for them on the playstore on the R6 Pro itself, they don't appear in the search results? I'm using a wired connection to my headphones (WH-1000XM3).

My Sony headphone 'music center' app that I've installed on the R6 Pro has an equaliser but that doesn't work despite me adding Tidal to it.

Also the MSEB sliders don't appear to do anything either?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #3,879 of 4,006
Is there an equaliser app that works with Tidal on the R6 Pro? The ones that have been posted previously on this thread that purport to work actually don't work.

I've found some on the play store that work with my android phone over bluetooth but when I search for them on the playstore on the R6 Pro itself, they don't appear in the search results? I'm using a wired connection to my headphones (WH-1000XM3).

My Sony headphone 'music center' app that I've installed on the R6 Pro has an equaliser but that doesn't work despite me adding Tidal to it.

Also the MSEB sliders don't appear to do anything either?

Thanks in advance...
Hello:

I have the same problem, following the news on internet (and also believing in marketing) I did the firmware update to the lates version 1.94 G tht supports TIDAL and MQA encoding.
That was a big mistake, becuase then I have realized that during MQA playing status the equaliser and MSEB are disable. I thought it was an error, so, I sent an email to Hiby support and they replied that this is normal once MQA track is recognized, the equaliser and MSEB are not availble. That is terrible due to to be honest, I dont like the MQA sound is so plane.
I decided to perform a factory reset with the aim of going back to initial point. unfortunately, the firmware version remains the same, I sent another email to Hiby support, they say that it is not possible to downgrade the firmware.
Now, I hate Hiby R6 Pro, all my music library is FLAC and some of the are recognized as MQA by Hiby but unfortunately not equailiser or MSEB effect during MQA playing.

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #3,880 of 4,006
Hello:

I have the same problem, following the news on internet (and also believing in marketing) I did the firmware update to the lates version 1.94 G tht supports TIDAL and MQA encoding.
That was a big mistake, becuase then I have realized that during MQA playing status the equaliser and MSEB are disable. I thought it was an error, so, I sent an email to Hiby support and they replied that this is normal once MQA track is recognized, the equaliser and MSEB are not availble. That is terrible due to to be honest, I dont like the MQA sound is so plane.
I decided to perform a factory reset with the aim of going back to initial point. unfortunately, the firmware version remains the same, I sent another email to Hiby support, they say that it is not possible to downgrade the firmware.
Now, I hate Hiby R6 Pro, all my music library is FLAC and some of the are recognized as MQA by Hiby but unfortunately not equailiser or MSEB effect during MQA playing.
DSP is not allowed on MQA. If you find that undecoded MQA, with our DSP, in fact sounds better than decoded MQA, that would be an excellent point to take up with the MQA company, to campaign for allowing DSP with MQA (something I desire as much as you do). It's unfortunately in the nature of Android to allow firmware upgrades but not downgrades.

Dec 31, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #3,881 of 4,006
DSP is not allowed on MQA. If you find that undecoded MQA, with our DSP, in fact sounds better than decoded MQA, that would be an excellent point to take up with the MQA company, to campaign for allowing DSP with MQA (something I desire as much as you do). It's unfortunately in the nature of Android to allow firmware upgrades but not downgrades.
Thanks for comment.
I believe that at least, Hiby should realease a firmware upgrade including the possibilty that users can enable/disable the MQA recogonizion mode on tracks. This because prior my firmware upgrade all my flac files sound incredible with the sound setting, but then after upgrading MQA does not allow it, and the difference is huge.
In one sence it is great that the device can rea MQA code but there will be the possibility of deciding if using or not.

What do you think, maybe if more users with the same idea contact Hiby support, at the end we can get it.

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #3,882 of 4,006
Thanks for comment.
I believe that at least, Hiby should realease a firmware upgrade including the possibilty that users can enable/disable the MQA recogonizion mode on tracks. This because prior my firmware upgrade all my flac files sound incredible with the sound setting, but then after upgrading MQA does not allow it, and the difference is huge.
In one sence it is great that the device can rea MQA code but there will be the possibility of deciding if using or not.

What do you think, maybe if more users with the same idea contact Hiby support, at the end we can get it.
That is also not allowed by MQA.

Dec 31, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #3,884 of 4,006
Thanks for clarification, on the hand, do you know if is ti possible to "remove" from a FLAC file the MQA encoding? I just thinking in possibilities how to avoid MQA.....
The new firmware should be able to detect and decode an MQA stream on the fly from any app as long as it is being bit-perfectly streamed to the back end.

Jan 3, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #3,885 of 4,006
The new firmware should be able to detect and decode an MQA stream on the fly from any app as long as it is being bit-perfectly streamed to the back end.
Thanks Joe:

As an alternative case, I was trying another music app in my Hiby R6 Pro, I would say that with PowerAmp i got results around 80 - 85 % against Hiby Music app.
Sadly, I am not happy with the latest update of firmware in Hiby so I had to try differents app in order to avoid MQA, this for while until Hiby release other firmware update (if happen), maybe you know other app as good as Hiby app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back