Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #3,811 of 4,006
Hi, could you help me.
The player is working very strange, so from 100% to 50 % is very good, but velow 50% it starts to drain very fast, in about 1 hour battery dies. Now i have the problem that player isn't reacting to charge, it's already 2 hours and player is dead. I've tried to hold power button for 3p seconds, but it didn't help.
Hopefully someone like @Joe Bloggs can give you some great ideas, but I would have to say it sounds like your battery is failing...

Apr 18, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #3,812 of 4,006
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #3,814 of 4,006
The R6 is a great DAP, but the LCDs (even the 2s) really, really get better with an external amp/dac with significantly more power. The Diablo adds a lot more space to the sound. The headspace is better, the bass is deeper.
I definitely need to experiment with this. you’ve intrigued me.

However, I checked my LCD-2 specs and it says:

Minimum power requirement>100mW
Recommended power level>250mW

Meanwhile, the R6 Pro has this output power (balanced)

Output Power750mW+750mW(@32Ω)

But the LCD-2s have impedance of 70 ohms... not sure how this all fits together...

this is off topic but for a while now I’ve been wanting to take the leap into desktop equipment. my only sources are the R6 Pro and my iFi xDSD. Any suggestions? :) no Clue how to get started

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,815 of 4,006

But the LCD-2s have impedance of 70 ohms... not sure how this all fits together...

this is off topic but for a while now I’ve been wanting to take the leap into desktop equipment. my only sources are the R6 Pro and my iFi xDSD. Any suggestions? :) no Clue how to get started
By P = V^2/R
750/1000*32 = V^2
V = 4.9V voltage swing when presented with 32 ohm olad

The voltage swing possible would be 4.9V or greater when presented with a higher load e.g. 70 ohms
P = 4.9^2 / 70
Power @70 ohms > 343mW

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #3,816 of 4,006

As much as the audiosciencereview forum gets flak here for being measurement freaks, there is a lot of good info there with measured rankings and a focus on value. You could start with a Topping 30 stack or SMSL, high-value entry level products that measure better than many high-end products. Some folks swear by the entry level Schiit. Either way, you’d spend a few hundred bucks and have a great system. As you get used to the sound, you can always audition other DACs and amps to see if you need to upgrade or not.

Apr 22, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #3,817 of 4,006
The R6 is a great DAP, but the LCDs (even the 2s) really, really get better with an external amp/dac with significantly more power. The Diablo adds a lot more space to the sound. The headspace is better, the bass is deeper.
Well my friend, you are indeed correct. I've been doing some side-by-side comparisons with my Audeze LCD-2's:

1. R6 Pro -> balanced cable -> LCD-2
2. iPhone 12 Pro Max -> USB -> iFi xDSD -> balanced cable -> LCD-2

It's not even close. The R6 is a fantastic device in many ways but there is a huge difference when playing Tidal masters, in favor of the xDSD. Looks like I need to up my game and get a desktop setup or maybe even a tube amp

Thanks!!!

Apr 24, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #3,818 of 4,006
As much as the audiosciencereview forum gets flak here for being measurement freaks, there is a lot of good info there with measured rankings and a focus on value. You could start with a Topping 30 stack or SMSL, high-value entry level products that measure better than many high-end products. Some folks swear by the entry level Schiit. Either way, you’d spend a few hundred bucks and have a great system. As you get used to the sound, you can always audition other DACs and amps to see if you need to upgrade or not.
i just spent an hour reading reviews on headphonia :) some cool looking stuff from Topping like your D90.

looks like I can get something pretty nice for $1,500 to $2,000

i just came to the conclusion that I’m going to set up a Roon server when I buy a NAS that will be wired into my 10 Gig wired CAT8 network. Then I’m going to get something like your topping for my office and (I’m guessing...) stream music from the NAS/Roon to it over my network. Tidal, Qobuz, my own collection...

May 10, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #3,820 of 4,006
WE don't have a thread about Hiby WH3, Hiby's take on a TWS?! :)

I made a full written review, and thought it may come in handy to those who like the works of Hiby

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/03/hiby-wh3-tws-iems-better-than-the-airpods.html

Hiby-WH3-WH-Three-TWS-Earbuds-IEMs-Earphones-LDAC-apt-X-Hd-LL-lossless-lossy-Review-Audiophile...jpg
Just received my WH3 today. I am using them with a R6 Pro. I am in "developer mode" and it will only except SBC - AAC - AptX .. If I select any other codec such as LDAC or UAT it wont except them. Does the R6Pro still not work with UAT? Is Aptx the best I can do for now using R6Pro? Thanks All

May 10, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #3,821 of 4,006
Just received my WH3 today. I am using them with a R6 Pro. I am in "developer mode" and it will only except SBC - AAC - AptX .. If I select any other codec such as LDAC or UAT it wont except them. Does the R6Pro still not work with UAT? Is Aptx the best I can do for now using R6Pro? Thanks All
Have you tried the HiBy Blue app? It has been a while since I played with the WH3, but if I recall correctly you use that to connect to the WH3 with UAT... but I might be mis-remembering that...

May 10, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #3,822 of 4,006
Have you tried the HiBy Blue app? It has been a while since I played with the WH3, but if I recall correctly you use that to connect to the WH3 with UAT... but I might be mis-remembering that...
I am using the blue app. When i click to access Developer mode thru the app, I can see UAT and LDAC but when I click on either it wont accept them.It only reacts to SBC-AAC - APX.
I addition, the BT connection is horrible. If I move the R6Pro 4’ away from the WH3 the connection starts to cut out. They work ok with my IPhone from a connection standpoint, just don’t sound that great.
disappointed

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #3,823 of 4,006
Hey guys and @Joe Bloggs

Has anyone tried connecting their R6P to a Windows 10 PC as a USB-DAC? No matter what I do I can’t get my computer to detect it and use it as an audio-out device.

It works perfectly as a USB-DAC when connected to my Nvidia shield.

My backup method (which works) is Bluetooth pairing which seems to only do SBC (checked with the HiBy Blue app).

interestingly, even that sounds far better than plugging my JH Lola IEMs directly into the 3.5mm audio out jack on my laptop.

thanks!

Jun 2, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #3,824 of 4,006
Hey guys and @Joe Bloggs

Has anyone tried connecting their R6P to a Windows 10 PC as a USB-DAC? No matter what I do I can’t get my computer to detect it and use it as an audio-out device.

It works perfectly as a USB-DAC when connected to my Nvidia shield.

My backup method (which works) is Bluetooth pairing which seems to only do SBC (checked with the HiBy Blue app).

interestingly, even that sounds far better than plugging my JH Lola IEMs directly into the 3.5mm audio out jack on my laptop.

thanks!
I haven’t tried it, but I will try in the next few days... this certainly seems like a different use model... why not transfer the music to the R6 Pro and just use it as a stand alone dap rather than a (very expensive) dac/amp...?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #3,825 of 4,006
I haven’t tried it, but I will try in the next few days... this certainly seems like a different use model... why not transfer the music to the R6 Pro and just use it as a stand alone dap rather than a (very expensive) dac/amp...?
Hey jsmiller. Thanks for the reply!

So I’m actually traveling and watching some movies on my HP 15.6” 4K OLED laptop. I plugged my Lola’s into the headphone Jack and was amazed at how poor the sound quality is from the built-in DAC. Very muffled even compared with laptop -> Bluetooth SBC -> HiBy -> balanced cable -> Lola’s

At home, I have an Nvidia shield playing 4K Atmos movies to my projector and I run a 15 foot USB cable to the HiBy and then either the Lola’s or my Audeze LCD-2s. The sound quality is so astonishing that I don’t even use my speakers if I’m watching a movie by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back