Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #227 of 4,005
Im in Hong Kong, Hiby lives around here and NO units ate in stock at any shop.
HiBy is in mainland China not Hong Kong. I imagine that keeping mainland units off the streets despite the leaky border will be a high priority for the distributor there per HiBy's instructions, although the price in Hong Kong should eventually settle down at somewhere between the domestic and international price.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #228 of 4,005
HiBy is in mainland China not Hong Kong. I imagine that keeping mainland units off the streets despite the leaky border will be a high priority for the distributor there per HiBy's instructions, although the price in Hong Kong should eventually settle down at somewhere between the domestic and international price.
You should know, well no store in Hong Kong has it in stock. So Hibys office is in the mainland aswell or just where they put it together in China.

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #229 of 4,005
People are buying it somewhere.

Here is the post from a new owner on FB: LINK

49623506_10156840029870688_1140463844590616576_n.jpg

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #230 of 4,005
The stock R6 price has been lowered to $499. Used to be $549 before Christmas. (Christmas deal was $455)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #231 of 4,005
Do devices like the HiBy R6 Pro totally bypass using OpenSL for sound and push all sound processing to the DACs? For example, if you were to sideload YouTube or YT Music, would the R6 Pro fall back to OpenSL-based rendering or still handled by the DAC chipaet(s)?

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #233 of 4,005
upload_2019-1-6_8-34-41.png

i reckon all audio will pass through HAL and therefore would use the custom driver for the DAC in the R6 Pro... am i correct in this assumption?

Jan 6, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #234 of 4,005
Do devices like the HiBy R6 Pro totally bypass using OpenSL for sound and push all sound processing to the DACs? For example, if you were to sideload YouTube or YT Music, would the R6 Pro fall back to OpenSL-based rendering or still handled by the DAC chipaet(s)?

HiBY claimed to implement SCR bypass Gen.2 in their devices which is stated in HiBY R6 specs:

One quote from HiBY R6 thread (by Joe Bloggs)

"After the invention of SRC bypass Gen 2 aka DTA: audio fed to the Android audio system is passed unaltered to the DACs. Almost all Android apps can now be bit-perfect. Only requirement is that they do not themselves resample the audio before passing to the Android audio system."

My AP200 is utilizing Pure Music mode which is limited to HiBY Music app only - this is 1st generation of SRC bypass. Not sure about Neutron player. The last time I've checked it was not recognizing the device architecture. But the author of the app has told me that he would add the support. So, probably some advanced apps would still be able to bypass OS sound processing.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #236 of 4,005
I may have missed it but was their a mention of Aluminum body's or will it be just Stainless steel?
I haven't heard anything apart from the stainless steel..

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #237 of 4,005
HiBY claimed to implement SCR bypass Gen.2 in their devices which is stated in HiBY R6 specs:

One quote from HiBY R6 thread (by Joe Bloggs)

"After the invention of SRC bypass Gen 2 aka DTA: audio fed to the Android audio system is passed unaltered to the DACs. Almost all Android apps can now be bit-perfect. Only requirement is that they do not themselves resample the audio before passing to the Android audio system."

My AP200 is utilizing Pure Music mode which is limited to HiBY Music app only - this is 1st generation of SRC bypass. Not sure about Neutron player. The last time I've checked it was not recognizing the device architecture. But the author of the app has told me that he would add the support. So, probably some advanced apps would still be able to bypass OS sound processing.
Last I checked, Neutron is capable of bit-perfect playback on the HiBY R6.

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #238 of 4,005
Last I checked, Neutron is capable of bit-perfect playback on the HiBY R6.
Have you or anyone else checked if UAPP works on the R6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back