Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #197 of 4,000

Very Neutral DAP.
WiFi is quite strong.
Power is ...very potent out of balanced. I use 30 on volume where I used 50 on regular R6
Thanks for sharing. Hows the overall android experience? Have you tried installing other apps? Not asking because of Pokemon go.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #198 of 4,000
I had a question to members from China.. is this available in stores yet? A friend of mine maybe visiting Shanghai or Shenzhen and i was thinking of requesting him to pick this up if available. Thanks

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #199 of 4,000
Thanks for sharing. Hows the overall android experience? Have you tried installing other apps? Not asking because of Pokemon go.

It is fast.
Pro's - Neutral, power, screen
Con's - Hiby app is becoming too busy. MSEB + a Graphic EQ...I would like a PEQ instead of those 2.
Have not started loading apps yet. I will let you know not about pokemon go :wink:

Dec 31, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #201 of 4,000
Msrp on the site is listed as 800. That's a tough sell for me, and I really want this. I'm hoping they'll have an early promo price since they said there would be for early orders. I almost wonder if it's better buying one from an international dealer through taobao since the price there is like 660 USD. Also wonder what the difference is the international version would be since it's not like the player has 3g or 4g bands

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #202 of 4,000
It is highly unlikely that they will make different hardware for different geographical locations - just not practical from a production standpoint. We shall see what the price ends up being and what kind of discount they offer for those that sign up for the email. The regular R6 is going for super discount prices right now - but there is the high output impedance and for me the same issue about how the dual DAC's are employed for single ended/line outs... If someone only had access to a schematic diagram I would figure it out for myself if the simplified block diagram is in error.

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 31, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #203 of 4,000
It is highly unlikely that they will make different hardware for different geographical locations - just not practical from a production standpoint. We shall see what the price ends up being and what kind of discount they offer for those that sign up for the email. The regular R6 is going for super discount prices right now - but there is the high output impedance and for me the same issue about how the dual DAC's are employed for single ended/line outs... If someone only had access to a schematic diagram I would figure it out for myself if the simplified block diagram is in error.

Cheers,
Tim

Is there any benefit of using dual dac on single ended? If I am not mistaken, the SR15 is configured the same way?

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #204 of 4,000
Is there any benefit of using dual dac on single ended? If I am not mistaken, the SR15 is configured the same way?

You can go couple of pages back where this topic was discussed. Accordingly to what I know from owning Hidizs AP200 (dual dac + dual amp on single ended) - manufacturer claims more channel separation, less noise and better resolution among the benefits. Perhaps this is true but hard to compare to anything with single dac cause the sound of other DAPs that I own is very different in many ways. But apart of Sonata DH1000 external DAC&AMP, AP200 has the most appealing and supreme sound as for me compared to any other DAP. This is not proving anything but I believe that there is some influence of incorporating dual dacs & amps on single end.

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #205 of 4,000

Cheers,
Tim
I did cover that here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...de-to-popular-dap.895449/page-8#post-14678731

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 1, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #206 of 4,000
Hey Joe - yes you did cover the topic. However, nobody has been able to explain how the R6 Pro/R6 can run one of the DAC's in stereo mode for single/line out concurrently with running only one channel through that DAC while sending the other channels information to the other DAC for the balanced output mode. Doesn't make any sense to me and I have been following digital audio products since the advent of the CD players and DAT went mainstream in the 1980's. I am not an audio engineer or circuit designer but did spend 33 years of my career in engineering - not that that means anything special...

Like I have said previously - looking to learn here as well so if there is a more detailed explanation of how the R6 Pro/R6 works I would be very grateful to see that information.

Happy New Years!!!

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #207 of 4,000
Msrp on the site is listed as 800. That's a tough sell for me, and I really want this. I'm hoping they'll have an early promo price since they said there would be for early orders. I almost wonder if it's better buying one from an international dealer through taobao since the price there is like 660 USD. Also wonder what the difference is the international version would be since it's not like the player has 3g or 4g bands

There may be difference with the player having google play installed or not with the chinese version. There was a bit of a storm with the initial r6 release when penon (I think)started to say they had stock and got everyone in a flap.

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #208 of 4,000
There may be difference with the player having google play installed or not with the chinese version. There was a bit of a storm with the initial r6 release when penon (I think)started to say they had stock and got everyone in a flap.

Google play is freeware, so they can't demand more cash to include it. From my understanding Google play is not included in the chinese marked since February 2017 due to censorship/ban issues.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #210 of 4,000
Joe,

I went back to read your prior response a few more times and think I might understand it a little better now your explanation. If I am interpreting correctly - both DAC's process identical information in parallel and generate both left and right channel analog signals that are identical. In the case of single/line outputs the signals from one DAC are amplified and sent to the output jacks whereas for the balanced output the analog signals from each DAC are amplified separately and then added together before arriving at the output jack. Hence the significantly higher output levels for balanced.

Does this sound roughly correct? Any thoughts on advantages of this approach over the dual mono implementation of dual DAC's?

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back