Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Dec 29, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #166 of 4,006
Found one feedback by Kwong at jumpic.com

"HiBy R6 Pro - the same shape, stainless steel casing is more refined, I prefer the 4.4mm port, the sound I feel more smooth, the resolution is better, and the sound field seems to be wider, both It is the improvement of some details and the style remains unchanged. "

DsyLxuUUUAAcsmf.jpg DtGYQwgUcAAqFIo.jpg

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #168 of 4,006
The big question will the the WiFi issues be better on the R^ and R6 Pro since they both have Android Oreo?

$455 R6 vs $799 R6 Pro that is the question. I don't have any 4.4mm cables.

Is the R6 fully balanced in the 2,5mm output like the 4.4mm of the R6 PRO ?

Hawaiian Bad Boy need you do a WiFi test please and a head to head showdown R6 vs the Pro to see if it worth $250 more .

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #169 of 4,006
Hawaiian Bad Boy need you do a WiFi test please and a head to head showdown R6 vs the Pro to see if it worth $250 more .[/QUOTE]

FunctionalDoc, Hawaiian Bad Boy actually covered your WiFi question in his latest IEM review. According to him the previous R6 WiFi issue has been addressed.

You'll have to get the cheque book out now...

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #170 of 4,006
Hawaiian Bad Boy need you do a WiFi test please and a head to head showdown R6 vs the Pro to see if it worth $250 more .

FunctionalDoc, Hawaiian Bad Boy actually covered your WiFi question in his latest IEM review. According to him the previous R6 WiFi issue has been addressed.

You'll have to get the cheque book out now...[/QUOTE]

Which one do you own or going to purchase?

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #172 of 4,006

You'll have to get the cheque book out now...

Which one do you own or going to purchase?[/QUOTE]
To be honest none yet. I was thinking about the Fiio M9 for starters, but now that I have seen the R6 Pro, I just might spend my hard earned shekels on it. Still trying to justify the cost of it in my head... I have already ordered up BGVP DM6s from Linsoul. But no DAP yet!!

There is so much to consider, even the differences between the DACs that the M9 and R6 Pro use. I'm having to train myself up on the jargon and getting to understand the differences at a component level.

But its all fun abd I have to say I just love Hawaiian Bad Boy's reviews on YouTube, he really is a breath of fresh air...

I take it your considering upgrading?

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #173 of 4,006
Which one do you own or going to purchase?
To be honest none yet. I was thinking about the Fiio M9 for starters, but now that I have seen the R6 Pro, I just might spend my hard earned shekels on it. Still trying to justify the cost of it in my head... I have already ordered up BGVP DM6s from Linsoul. But no DAP yet!!

There is so much to consider, even the differences between the DACs that the M9 and R6 Pro use. I'm having to train myself up on the jargon and getting to understand the differences at a component level.

But its all fun abd I have to say I just love Hawaiian Bad Boy's reviews on YouTube, he really is a breath of fresh air...

I take it your considering upgrading?[/QUOTE]

I am a Patron pf Bad Boy have the DM6's and love them using 2.5 mm balanced cable on my current Onyko DXP 1-a which is on Android 5. I bought several things from Penon audio in Hong Kong since they have DHL express shipping for $10. I love my DM6's . I leaning toward the R6 for the price .

I like these cables better then the Linsoul balanced cables.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4F9PH3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can live with a R6 blue aluminium version for amount cash in my pocket.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #174 of 4,006
800$ USD??? too expensive for a DAP for me. thanks anyways hiby :frowning2:

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #175 of 4,006
Well - on the Chinese side of Hiby's site the purchase links still show prices around 4500 Yuan which is about $655 today if I am interpreting things correctly. Could very well be that pricing will be much higher for the US market - must be the Trump tariff wars :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:!!!

However, I do agree with others that at $800 it won't be on my list - especially when single ended/line outs only employ one of the 2 DAC's from what has been illustrated in Hiby's block diagram.

What a shame Hiby...

However, what Chris shared with us so far is one beautiful device and still looking forward to seeing his review.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #177 of 4,006

I take it your considering upgrading?

I am a Patron pf Bad Boy have the DM6's and love them using 2.5 mm balanced cable on my current Onyko DXP 1-a which is on Android 5. I bought several things from Penon audio in Hong Kong since they have DHL express shipping for $10. I love my DM6's . I leaning toward the R6 for the price .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4F9PH3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can live with a R6 blue aluminium version for amount cash in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the cable tip. I see it comes in 4.4 balanced too. All I need to do now is decide on the R6 or the R6 Pro, then order the cable...

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #178 of 4,006

I can live with a R6 blue aluminium version for amount cash in my pocket.

Thanks for the cable tip. I see it comes in 4.4 balanced too. All I need to do now is decide on the R6 or the R6 Pro, then order the cable...[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back