Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 1, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #212 of 4,000
Wonder how this compares to the WM1A, cause in Canada they will be around the same price after import fees and such. Although one can bypass the $800 asking price if they buy it off their Taobao page.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #218 of 4,000
If they do at least 100 off for the promo, I'll order this. Love my Hiby r3, but I do love a full screen Android interface a lot more. Hoping to pair this with my Andromedes by end of January

You might get your wish or soon after.
I FB chatted with Hiby last night and they said mid to late January before its release in the US. I asked if the WiFi connectivity was improved and they said yes . The question of lower impedance they said "Different hardware design results in a bit different output impedance.".

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #220 of 4,000
Joe,

I went back to read your prior response a few more times and think I might understand it a little better now your explanation. If I am interpreting correctly - both DAC's process identical information in parallel and generate both left and right channel analog signals that are identical. In the case of single/line outputs the signals from one DAC are amplified and sent to the output jacks whereas for the balanced output the analog signals from each DAC are amplified separately and then added together before arriving at the output jack. Hence the significantly higher output levels for balanced.

Does this sound roughly correct? Any thoughts on advantages of this approach over the dual mono implementation of dual DAC's?

Cheers,
Tim
Yes that's correct,

The two DACs both handle stereo signals, and the second DAC outputs the negative version of the first DAC's voltage. The headphone driver responds to the voltage differential between its two terminals, so in single-ended mode the response is to the difference between the positive DAC's voltage (which may actually just as likely be negative as positive at any given time, given the AC nature of audio signals) and the ground. In balanced mode the response is to the difference between the positive DAC's voltage and the negative DAC's voltage (which is negative when the other is positive and vice versa).

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #221 of 4,000
Thank you Joe for confirming and helping me understand - now I am a little smarter than I was yesterday!

My confusion came from the fact that I was familiar with dual mono implementations and the block diagram for the R6 Pro/R6 does not label left/right channel outputs from each DAC so I struggled to figure out what was going on.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #222 of 4,000
When are the wheels moving?

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #224 of 4,000
It is tempting to ask for someone in the domestic marked to buy one for me, and send it. Both because of availability and price.

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #225 of 4,000
It is tempting to ask for someone in the domestic marked to buy one for me, and send it. Both because of availability and price.
Im in Hong Kong, Hiby lives around here and NO units ate in stock at any shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back