Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 20, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,966 of 4,003
Not sure, but if it's going to act as a bluetooth audio reception device, that sounds like something an iPhone can talk to.
Just curious, because from my last FB conversation with Hiby, they seemed to be saying that Android and iOS BT were not compatible, and that I could only get iPhone to talk to R6 Pro over wifi.
I guess we wait for the firmware update and see what happens.
Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 04.52.37.png

May 20, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,967 of 4,003
I am frustrated that Bluetooth isn't working and initially it worked and now it doesn't.

When is the Bluetooth problem going to be resolved ?

Is it days, weeks , or months from being fixed ?

What's not working with it?

Thanks.

BTW: I used my iPhone 8 as a wifi hot-spot to stream Qobuz today. Worked fine.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,968 of 4,003
Does anyone else have trouble with the R6 Pro maintaining a connection to a wireless network?

Mine constantly drops the connection, which isn’t a big deal if I’m playing stored music, but it’s a bit of a drag when playing Tidal or downloading Tidal playlists for offline

May 20, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #1,969 of 4,003
With which earphones connected to which ports does the issue arise?

Within this month. A new firmware update with thoroughly revamped bluetooth code (including ability to function as bluetooth audio receiver) is already out for the Chinese version. It is being ported to the international version.

64audio Tia trio, inear pp8, and andromeda (all on balanced and SE). I've gotten used to the EMI issue now.

May 21, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,970 of 4,003
When is this Hiby adapter coming out that is supposed to resolve the emi issue?

This coming June. I contacted Hiby CSR on Facebook and was told it's to be released by June 2019.

So this is kind of a big ask, guys. Would anyone be able to recommend the best IEM/cable combo for the R6 Pro, given the various issues reported by people?

I’m loving the sound at home with my Audeze LCD’2’s + balanced cable, however I need a way to enjoy the full potential of this device when i’m Traveling or at work, listening to Tidal offline and Dsd’s And 24/192 flac’s

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I’ve heard that the custom IEM’s are pretty sweet, and I’m probably looking to spend $1,500 to $2,000 including cable and connectors

Thanks!

My primary use case is office usage with IEMs. My experience so far is lackluster. I also encountered the EMI issue and annoying hiss sound when I use 4.4mm connector with two different IEMs (IE8i and Noble Encore). Especially when I use Hiby-brand 4.4mm balance cable, it just turns into a radio receiver. I messaged Hiby CSR in early April for help but was talked into waiting for their upcoming release of 4.4mm iematch. I tried other 4.4mm balanced cables and FiiO 2.5mm adapters but nothing helps. Pretty much I have been using 3.5mm SE most of the time. Some Facebook users report similar issues too.

Its USB-C output function is good though. At home my setup is R6 Pro USB output -> Woo Audio WA7 -> full-size headphones. No configuration is required. Just plug and play.

May 21, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #1,971 of 4,003
With which earphones connected to which ports does the issue arise?
I got the hiss issue and EMI issue with both balanced and SE on:
Dunu DK-3001 = 13 Ohm / 110 dB
Dunu Falcon-C = 16 Ohm / 108 dB
TFZ King Pro = 55 Ohm / 108 dB

No issue at all with Sennheiser HD650, but IMHO no enough juice to drive them either.

The hiss appears after the play started and switches off 10 sec after the pause with a loud click mostly in the left IEM.
It does not depend on the volume setting. With the zero volume it's the same.
I am not surprised about Dunu, but why is it almost the same with TFZ and 55 Ohm?

Can you please tell which IEMs are considered by Hiby for r6pro for no-hiss listening?
What are the positive experience? I am interested in the IEM of the level like Dunu DK-3001 as a max for the budget.

May 21, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #1,972 of 4,003
My primary use case is office usage with IEMs. My experience so far is lackluster. I also encountered the EMI issue and annoying hiss sound when I use 4.4mm connector with two different IEMs (IE8i and Noble Encore). Especially when I use Hiby-brand 4.4mm balance cable, it just turns into a radio receiver.
I also tried both Hiby-brand and Fiio-brand 4.4mm => 2.5mm balance cable adapters as well as Fiio 4.4mm 8core MMCX cable. More or less no big difference. With Fiio cable the hiss is a little louder maybe.

May 21, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #1,973 of 4,003
I got the hiss issue and EMI issue with both balanced and SE on:
Dunu DK-3001 = 13 Ohm / 110 dB
Dunu Falcon-C = 16 Ohm / 108 dB
TFZ King Pro = 55 Ohm / 108 dB

No issue at all with Sennheiser HD650, but IMHO no enough juice to drive them either.

The hiss appears after the play started and switches off 10 sec after the pause with a loud click mostly in the left IEM.
It does not depend on the volume setting. With the zero volume it's the same.
I am not surprised about Dunu, but why is it almost the same with TFZ and 55 Ohm?

Can you please tell which IEMs are considered by Hiby for r6pro for no-hiss listening?
What are the positive experience? I am interested in the IEM of the level like Dunu DK-3001 as a max for the budget.
I've talked to our team and your situation is also regarded as a defective R6 pro. We'll get back to you on facebook :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 21, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #1,974 of 4,003
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 21, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #1,975 of 4,003
Hey all...
Curious as to your experience with the "best bang for the buck" in terms of quality and reliability for a 1TB micro sd card.
I see prices ranging from $30 all the way up to near $500.

Can someone recommend a really good, reasonably priced (if possible) 1TB micro sd card?
(btw... not interested in anything with smaller capacity than 1TB).

Many thanks.

May 21, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #1,976 of 4,003
I use Quboz offline and wanted to know if this unit would work for me? When playing music, would it down sample high-rez files like other Android devices?

May 21, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #1,978 of 4,003
I've talked to our team and your situation is also regarded as a defective R6 pro. We'll get back to you on facebook
Thanks @Joe Bloggs!
For the moment I cannot say that the listening with hiss is a pleasure. Nevertheless I would like to avoid the situation, when I ship the R6pro back to Hiby assuming that it works incorrectly, but after the receipt of the device Hiby says that everything is withing the tolerance. I am fed of shipping the devices back and forth.
Could you please let us know what would be the right testing process, because I want to avoid useless moves if possible?
The available IEMs are:
  • Dunu DK-3001 = 13 Ohm / 110 dB
  • Dunu Falcon-C = 16 Ohm / 108 dB
  • TFZ King Pro = 55 Ohm / 108 dB
  • Fiio F9 = 28 Ohm / 106 dB
  • Dunu Titan 3 = 32 Ohm / 108 dB
  • Fiio LC-4.4C = 4.4 mm balanced MMCX cable
  • FiiO BL44 = 4.4mm to 2.5mm Balanced adapter cable
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #1,979 of 4,003
This coming June. I contacted Hiby CSR on Facebook and was told it's to be released by June 2019.

My primary use case is office usage with IEMs. My experience so far is lackluster. I also encountered the EMI issue and annoying hiss sound when I use 4.4mm connector with two different IEMs (IE8i and Noble Encore). Especially when I use Hiby-brand 4.4mm balance cable, it just turns into a radio receiver. I messaged Hiby CSR in early April for help but was talked into waiting for their upcoming release of 4.4mm iematch. I tried other 4.4mm balanced cables and FiiO 2.5mm adapters but nothing helps. Pretty much I have been using 3.5mm SE most of the time. Some Facebook users report similar issues too.

Its USB-C output function is good though. At home my setup is R6 Pro USB output -> Woo Audio WA7 -> full-size headphones. No configuration is required. Just plug and play.
Thanks for the great info. Maybe I’ll hold off on getting some nice IEM’s until these issues get worked out

I didn’t know you could output by USB-C! Super cool.

I’ve used the R6 Pro in USB-DAC mode to pipe audio from my laptop while watching movies or Tidal to the R6 Pro out to my Audeze LCD-2’s using a balanced cable. It sounds great, but the R6 doesn’t charge while I’m doing that

Thanks again for the advice

May 21, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,980 of 4,003
The $30 ones will be fake, expect to pay >$400 at this time, but I suspect that price will fall quite quickly. I don't currently own a 1Tb micro SD card yet but I've never had any issues with SanDisk.
Ya I’d be really skeptical of that price too for a 1TB. I’ve been using a 512 GB Samsung card for maybe a month and so far so good. $89 on Amazon

Samsung Memory MB-MC512GAEU 512 GB EVO Plus Micro SD Card with Adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back