Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 18, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #1,936 of 4,006
I bet if there was a poll, on who has issues with hissing, emi, clicks, pulsing sounds, etc., The numbers would be small. Most DONT have these issues. Doesn't mean that aren't those in my case that had all of them lol. It's just electronics and QC, it happens. I just appreciate when companies adjust and fix the issues. Hiby should have done something by now (hence asking for build dates) or offered a new firmware update by now. Just enjoy your luck of the draw!!

Can something like a firmware update fix these kinds of noise issues? Or is it more of a hardware thing?
I actually would not know... I've never been real clear on what firmware even does.

May 18, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #1,937 of 4,006
Can something like a firmware update fix these kinds of noise issues? Or is it more of a hardware thing?
I actually would not know... I've never been real clear on what firmware even does.

Wishful thinking on my part lol. It's definitely hardware. I love the speed of the device and the power, and energetic sound .The firmware can fix some of the library file structure issues, Tidal issues, stall on power issues etc.

May 18, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #1,938 of 4,006
Interesting to hear you say that, because inasmuch as I have had no issues, I see these posts about hissing and sensitive iems, and iem match and the 4.4 right angle adapter and so on
AD NAUSEAM and it just has me curious.

I really do feel bad for anyone who has issues, because they are right, for $800, this thing should just be flawless (for the most part). I would definitely return mine if I had to use some adapter to make it work.
Would have already traded in my iPhone for an Android because of the headphone dongle garbage if not for getting a DAP that simply made that a non-issue in my life.

Though I'm gonna think long and hard before I get my next phone. I think I might just be too into music and audio and open source to get another iPhone.
Time will tell. Happy with my R6 Pro though... super happy.
I posted a page or so back to try and untangle some unnecessarily entangled issues...

Hiss - sensitivity of the IEM and how it plays with the source.

Adapters, noise from interference, etc. No matter the adapter, if you put your phone on top if the R6 Pro, you will hear noise from interference. Some 2.5 to 4.4 adapters are single units, others have a wire between the 4.4 jack and the 2.5mm. That wire can act as an antenna, making it more sensitive to nearby noise sources than a single piece adapter. Some wired adapters are well shielded and won't have a problem.

A single straight adapter or a single piece right angle adapter are going to be less sensitive than some wired adapters.

If you are tired if reading about this as you believe it has gone on "AD NAUSEUM" , just skip those posts. They are not meant for you. They are meant for people who are tripping on this problem and wondering what is going on, if it is normal, or if they have a faulty unit. I have limited DAP experience, so I don't know how others work. I know how my R6 Pro, xDSD, and LG v30 behave.

May 18, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #1,939 of 4,006
Wishful thinking on my part lol. It's definitely hardware. I love the speed of the device and the power, and energetic sound .The firmware can fix some of the library file structure issues, Tidal issues, stall on power issues etc.
Agreed. Not a software/firmware issue. As far as the EMI issues are concerned, my guess is that there are unshielded traces, or antenna circuit with a filter not properly tuned... Just a guess.

May 19, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #1,941 of 4,006
Not tired of anything in particular... just seems like a frequent issue and a lot of people post about it.
Got it, thanks for the clarification! Yeah, I sort of tired of it so I thought I would put a post together to get new folks just entering the thread up to speed :)...

May 19, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #1,942 of 4,006
If I remember correctly, when the R6-Pro's amp section was re-designed to have lower output impedance, it also got increased noise level compared to the R6. This baseline noise increase may be what folks with sensitive IEMs are hearing whenever both the AMP is on, And there is no music playing to mask it.

@IryxBRO Wonder if adding what @jsmiller58 wrote in post 1923 (or something similar) to the First Post as a "reference info" would make sense?

thank you, added to FAQ

May 19, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #1,944 of 4,006
Just a reminder, I'm still experiencing EMI issues with any IEM if I don't use my home-made faraday case. Both the 3.5mm and 4.4mm jack have this issue with my player. Unfortunately, I'm outside of a return window and HiBy is telling me this is normal. I'm actually rather upset with their answer/support and likely won't be buying HiBy ever again. The price is much too high for this nonsense.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #1,945 of 4,006
Just a reminder, I'm still experiencing EMI issues with any IEM if I don't use my home-made faraday case. Both the 3.5mm and 4.4mm jack have this issue with my player. Unfortunately, I'm outside of a return window and HiBy is telling me this is normal. I'm actually rather upset with their answer/support and likely won't be buying HiBy ever again. The price is much too high for this nonsense.
Have them send you a replacement. I have emi issues too but put in airplane mode and it’s not an issue

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #1,946 of 4,006
I posted a page or so back to try and untangle some unnecessarily entangled issues...

Hiss - sensitivity of the IEM and how it plays with the source.

Adapters, noise from interference, etc. No matter the adapter, if you put your phone on top if the R6 Pro, you will hear noise from interference. Some 2.5 to 4.4 adapters are single units, others have a wire between the 4.4 jack and the 2.5mm. That wire can act as an antenna, making it more sensitive to nearby noise sources than a single piece adapter. Some wired adapters are well shielded and won't have a problem.

A single straight adapter or a single piece right angle adapter are going to be less sensitive than some wired adapters.

If you are tired if reading about this as you believe it has gone on "AD NAUSEUM" , just skip those posts. They are not meant for you. They are meant for people who are tripping on this problem and wondering what is going on, if it is normal, or if they have a faulty unit. I have limited DAP experience, so I don't know how others work. I know how my R6 Pro, xDSD, and LG v30 behave.

Yes, just my thoughts on the "ad nauseum" comment... I am very new to high-end audio, and I look forward to checking out the various posts every day. These people are taking their own time to help others with questions and problems. Example: On 6 May, jsmiller58 helped me to figure out how to save offline Tidal music at master quality instead of 44k. (thanks again!). I had asked Tidal, HiBy, and searched everywhere and I would have never figured out that I needed to use Tidal v.2.11.3. It solved a frustrating problem and greatly enhanced my listened experience

May 19, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #1,947 of 4,006
Yes, just my thoughts on the "ad nauseum" comment... I am very new to high-end audio, and I look forward to checking out the various posts every day. These people are taking their own time to help others with questions and problems. Example: On 6 May, jsmiller58 helped me to figure out how to save offline Tidal music at master quality instead of 44k. (thanks again!). I had asked Tidal, HiBy, and searched everywhere and I would have never figured out that I needed to use Tidal v.2.11.3. It solved a frustrating problem and greatly enhanced my listened experience
I was able to provide you the advice on Tidal only because others had done the same for me - simply paying it forward by helping someone else! Head-fi by and large is a wonderful community.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,948 of 4,006
I was told that according to this description your R6 pro should be considered defective. Please pm me with details on where you bought the unit and where you were contacting us at (service@hiby.com , facebook, etc.) under what email / handle etc. so we can arrange to have your unit repaired.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 19, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,949 of 4,006
By the way I have some emi noise occasionally when using headphones with my RME adi2 dac and that dac is very well engineered . It happens

May 19, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,950 of 4,006
I was told that according to this description your R6 pro should be considered defective. Please pm me with details on where you bought the unit and where you were contacting us at (service@hiby.com , facebook, etc.) under what email / handle etc. so we can arrange to have your unit repaired.

Thank you. PM'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back