Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 2, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,816 of 4,000
OK, ignore everything said before -- the ultimate solution is this. You can easily cover the stock case with it (or any small bag) My guess is that it would be enough despite the screen still being open. I will order and try.

Maybe you could also try just covering the back of the device with it and see if it makes any difference. Let us know how it goes :)

May 2, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,817 of 4,000
I'll report back as soon as I get it / test tomorrow! I'll start by covering the case (so I don't have to remove adhesive from the stainless if it doesn't work)

I also just found a small pouch in a random drawer at the office. I'll cover that in the tape, too, to see if it works better/worse. Apparently, this stuff sticks to fabrics easily.

May 2, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #1,818 of 4,000
I messaged HiBy CSR on their Facebook page in early April 2019 and I was told their 4.4mm impedance has good progress and will be released in early May. I messaged them again on a few days ago and was informed they made a great process and will release it next month....:frowning2:

I live in Chicago downtown. The 4.4mm connector is basically unusable to me almost everywhere. Despite I have both WiFi and Bluetooth disabled, I can hear significant EMI noise when I walk on the street.

I did purchase the Faraday bag on Amazon. EMI noise is reduced, but hiss sound still causes an unpleasant experience when listening to classical music or during the gap between songs.

This problem happens to both Senheisser IE8i and Noble Audio Encore and it happens when using 4.4mm connector only.

Others have shared their IEM models without issues but apparently I'm not so lucky.

If you know a good 4.4 female to 4.4 male impedance adapter, please share your experience. Thank you.

May 2, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,821 of 4,000
Have you gone to settings>audio>lineout> and changed to spdif?
I had this issue on mine and once I changed it, everything worked great.

Thanks! Yeah I definitely tried that... Bad came maybe? I don't have anything else with SPDIF input or any other cable to try at the moment

May 3, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #1,822 of 4,000
Just received mine this week and have found that the R6 Pro seems to experience a ~3%/hour battery drain when the screen is off while not in use. It seems that it's only able to stay in android's deep sleep state for something around 20% of the time. Is this normal or should I be getting in contact with Hiby?

Otherwise, I'm really loving it.

May 3, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #1,823 of 4,000
I’m experiencing a problem at present.

I reformatted my micro sd card (to exFat), added my iTunes ALAC files back onto it via my Mac, but when I reinsert the card back into the R6 Pro and rescan the hiby app, only 8 random tracks appear.

Does this sound like an issue with the sd card or the device and either way, can anyone advise how to fix it?

May 3, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #1,824 of 4,000
I’m experiencing a problem at present.

I reformatted my micro sd card (to exFat), added my iTunes ALAC files back onto it via my Mac, but when I reinsert the card back into the R6 Pro and rescan the hiby app, only 8 random tracks appear.

Does this sound like an issue with the sd card or the device and either way, can anyone advise how to fix it?
I can do a scan for new files but I usually have to reboot to see them.

May 3, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #1,825 of 4,000
I just received the accessories that did not come with the original shipment. There is an adapter for the 4.4 socket, but also a mysterious silver egg looking thing. Anyone know what that is? Also a hard plastic case. Not quite sure what that is for either.

May 3, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #1,826 of 4,000
I just received the accessories that did not come with the original shipment. There is an adapter for the 4.4 socket, but also a mysterious silver egg looking thing. Anyone know what that is? Also a hard plastic case. Not quite sure what that is for either.
The "egg" shaped thing is supposed to remove fish and onion type odors from your hands when washing. Have seen those things before. Totally unsure why HiBy decided to make that one of their promo items....
Here is one from Amazon >>> https://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Sta...ocphy=9007251&hvtargid=pla-492949063386&psc=1

May 3, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #1,827 of 4,000
Just received mine this week and have found that the R6 Pro seems to experience a ~3%/hour battery drain when the screen is off while not in use. It seems that it's only able to stay in android's deep sleep state for something around 20% of the time. Is this normal or should I be getting in contact with Hiby?

I had this same problem, until I was told by MusicTeck, the US seller, they had never seen this. They told me they are willing to replace it, but to first try the steps to make sure you're up-to-date (I already was), wipe cache, and reset to factory settings. Surprisingly, that fixed my battery issues ten-fold. Seems the OTA update broke some things that caused unnecessary battery usage. Now my battery will go an entire day with the screen off and only have lost no more than 5% battery.

Here are the steps for updating:

1) Go to Android settings (either from notification bar when swiped down or click on Settings link in the list of apps when swipe the main android screen up).

2) In Setting, scroll down to System and select Wireless Update

3) Click to check for updates. The latest fw is 1.11GBeta released on 1/27/19 (or later in case if they released another one)

4) Doesn't hurt to do Factory Reset after you are done, just to clear everything, though be aware factory reset can delete internally stored files.

The best way to do factory reset to clear everything out is to do it through Android Recovery which you get into by following these steps:

1) Make sure R6 Pro is powered down.

2) Hold Vol+ and Power button together for 3sec.

3) When you see a resting Android with "no command" message, press just a Power button and while holding it down press Vol+ to get into Android Recovery.

4) Use Vol +/- key to navigate up/down through the menu and Power button to select menu item.

5) Wipe cache partition first, then do Wipe data/factory reset.​

Hope this helps.

May 3, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #1,828 of 4,000
Just got my R6 Pro a couple hours ago. New 400 GB card getting loaded up. DAP all charged up. Very excited.
Hey, just to introduce myself... Brand new to the world of high quality sound, and to this forum. Hoping to learn and contribute.

So I've been rolling with some Audeze LCD-2's and an Audioquest Dragonfly and I thought that was good until... I hooked up my HiBy R6 Pro... Absolutely insane. LIstening to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and it's like hearing the song for the first time again.

I too am having the 44.1 / Tidal issue that you guys are talking about. I did discover that if I hook it up to my Windows 10 laptop in USB-DAC mode I can get higher. I went into sound properties and set it to the max of 32 bit / 384 Khz. That's what shows up on the screen although it's maybe upscaling or something.

I noticed you mentioned you picked up a 400 GB card. Could I ask which brand/model to buy? I also need to get a balanced cable. The place I bought my Audeze's from suggested a Nordost, however I was also looking at this bad boy: https://www.zynsonix.com/Xev-Audeze-LCD-Series-Headphone-Cable_p_19.html The dude from the company is super cool and has been giving me some guidance.

Again, good to meet everyone and loving this HiBy

May 4, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #1,829 of 4,000
R3-coaxial-adapter-cable_04_1024x1024.jpg

I think this is what you're looking for. It's $19.00 on eBay, $25.00 directly from Hiby.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-C-to-3-5mm-Gold-Plating-Coaxial-Cable-for-HiBy-R3/264284687333?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=2dc714bc8d684574b7d4ef529a440854&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&sd=264284687333&itm=264284687333&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:f8bce725-6ce9-11e9-a410-74dbd180a6ed|parentrq:7908bc0616a0aca46a145145fffd2a08|iid:1

This adapter is only meant for use with the r3 and for getting a digital signal OUT of the r3. Sorry about the confusion.

As someone else mentioned, factory resetting your r6 fixes the issue; unfortunately it tends to be broken again by various app installations.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 4, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #1,830 of 4,000
Hope this helps.

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks!

As someone else mentioned, factory resetting your r6 fixes the issue; unfortunately it tends to be broken again by various app installations.

The battery drain is fixed, but unfortunately it seems that Google Play Services is now crashing constantly. I've done another few factory resets and the crash is still persisting. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back