Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 1, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,801 of 4,006
Interesting. I wonder why certain units perform better than others. Regardless, I still think it's unacceptable that your iPhone and router interfere at those distances -- this is a primary reason why one would choose a DAP, AND lower priced competitors don't have this problem.
I agree . The dap sure does sound damn good though. I put the R6 in airplane mode if I think im going to have a problem I download TIdal tracks and of course my own library.

May 1, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #1,802 of 4,006
lol exactly what makes this so frustrating.... I really love the sound out of this... and the Ui.... ughh

May 1, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #1,804 of 4,006
It’s strange that not all R6 Pro’s have this problem. I have no interference with mine with or without the Cayin adapter.

May 1, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,805 of 4,006
I just emailed them outlining my findings and asking for a replacement (long outside of MusicTecks return window) -- but they are out of the office until next week. I'll update the thread with what they had to say.

My immediate thought is that there was an issue with a production run that has since been resolved. I was an early adopter. This is just a theory though.

May 2, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #1,806 of 4,006
Is it possible for me to hook up via USB-C the R6 Pro to my Pixel 2 XL so I can play files from the P2XL through USB Audio Pro to the R6?
R3-coaxial-adapter-cable_04_1024x1024.jpg

I think this is what you're looking for. It's $19.00 on eBay, $25.00 directly from Hiby.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-C-to-...rentrq:7908bc0616a0aca46a145145fffd2a08|iid:1

May 2, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #1,807 of 4,006
I just emailed them outlining my findings and asking for a replacement (long outside of MusicTecks return window) -- but they are out of the office until next week. I'll update the thread with what they had to say.

My immediate thought is that there was an issue with a production run that has since been resolved. I was an early adopter. This is just a theory though.
I only have EMI issues if I place my R6 Pro within a few inches of my phone or tablet. I use a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter, but one without the wire, so the interference is being picked up by the R6 Pro’s other antennas or circuit traces. But only when near the phone or tablet. Never had anything else cause interference, but I live in the sticks, so no neighboring sources to create interference!

May 2, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #1,809 of 4,006
I also sometimes notice interference if the phone is near the player. Wondering if someone can create a 'Faraday case' for R6 :)
Only if you can live without WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity - what keeps signals out also keeps signals in!

May 2, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,810 of 4,006
Only if you can live without WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity - what keeps signals out also keeps signals in!

That's me! Still old fashioned and rip CDs. I only use Bluetooth via my phone, when I need the convenience. I wonder if there's an easy DIY fix for this, in the form of an encasement. Does anyone know anything about blocking EMI? Consider this a job posting: pro bono audio case designer.

May 2, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,812 of 4,006
That's me! Still old fashioned and rip CDs. I only use Bluetooth via my phone, when I need the convenience. I wonder if there's an easy DIY fix for this, in the form of an encasement. Does anyone know anything about blocking EMI? Consider this a job posting: pro bono audio case designer.
What about turning off WiFi and Bluetooth? Haven't tried to see if that is sufficient... If it isn't then it is some circuit trace that is not properly shielded, and not the antennas...

May 2, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,813 of 4,006
Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,815 of 4,006
OK, ignore everything said before -- the ultimate solution is this. You can easily cover the stock case with it (or any small bag) My guess is that it would be enough despite the screen still being open. I will order and try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back