Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 27, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,772 of 4,006
Can you connect this DAP to your DAC using the coax cable and play the hiRez files on the DAP?

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #1,773 of 4,006
Can you connect this DAP to your DAC using the coax cable and play the hiRez files on the DAP?
Yep. Here's mine coax out to SMSL M300 Dac playing Qobuz in hi-res. Works like a charm.

A814B666-FF2B-43F1-B0BC-D5B9E11D9BEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,775 of 4,006
Some clarity...
The DAP is outputting the audio over coax to the DAC (SMSL), and then SMSL is RCA out into my stereo rig (Sony Receiver into some JBL speakers).
The Hiby is not acting as the amp or the dac in this case, simply a digital out into another DAC and AMP.

Hope this helps.

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #1,776 of 4,006
Some clarity...
The DAP is outputting the audio over coax to the DAC (SMSL), and then SMSL is RCA out into my stereo rig (Sony Receiver into some JBL speakers).
The Hiby is not acting as the amp or the dac in this case, simply a digital out into another DAC and AMP.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much!! That's exactly what I want to do. My HiRez tunes on my DAP to my Yiggy Stratus headphone system.

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,777 of 4,006
Thank you very much!! That's exactly what I want to do. My HiRez tunes on my DAP to my Yiggy Stratus headphone system.
Yep... go to settings>audio>lineout> change to spdif and run your cable out.
When it uses line out mode, the amp is bypassed, and if it goes into another DAC, the second dac does the processing.

You should be good to go. It sounds great as is, so depending on which device has the better dac, you can sort it from there.

Apr 27, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #1,778 of 4,006
I just received the Hiby R6 Pro "Super Value Pack." It was sent a few weeks after my R6 Pro because it was out of stock. I'm not sure what to make of it: an unlabeled connector that I don't need, a pouch that is too small to fit the R6, a plastic case that seems to be for IEMs, and a piece of metal shaped like a small stone with the Hiby logo. Retail value? Maybe $1? All except the connector got dumped in the trash. Very strange thing to ship all the way from China.

Apr 29, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #1,779 of 4,006
So far not off to a good start with my hiby pro. First, Couldnt find any card pin in the box. Was able to use paper clip to get cover off, but somehow got micro sd card stuck in hiby player. Currently trying to scrape out micro sd card from player.

Apr 29, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #1,780 of 4,006
So far not off to a good start with my hiby pro. First, Couldnt find any card pin in the box. Was able to use paper clip to get cover off, but somehow got micro sd card stuck in hiby player. Currently trying to scrape out micro sd card from player.
You're not alone. I had the same issue when I got my R6 pro. After I managed to get my micro SD card out and aligned it properly in the little holder, everything got better from there.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #1,783 of 4,006
I just received the Hiby R6 Pro "Super Value Pack." It was sent a few weeks after my R6 Pro because it was out of stock. I'm not sure what to make of it: an unlabeled connector that I don't need, a pouch that is too small to fit the R6, a plastic case that seems to be for IEMs, and a piece of metal shaped like a small stone with the Hiby logo. Retail value? Maybe $1? All except the connector got dumped in the trash. Very strange thing to ship all the way from China.
I had received notice something was on its way to me... hmmm. The only thing “Super” about it is how uninteresting it seems to be. My enthusiasm has been properly curbed.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #1,784 of 4,006
I experienced significant hiss sounds with both Sennheiser IE8i (16 Ohm) and Noble Audio Encore Universal (~30 Ohm) when using 4.4mm balanced cables. In early April, I messaged Hiby customer service about this problem. I was informed that they made some progress on their own 4.4mm impedance adapter and its ETA is "next month" (May 2019). So as of now I'm using only the 3.5mm stereo connector. I will update here if I hear anything back.

If you're using IEMs with 4.4mm balanced cables and don't have the hiss sound problem, would you please share your model?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #1,785 of 4,006
I have the FiioFH5 with Fiio balanced 4.4 cable LC 4.4B and a hiss is barely audible, if you listen in a very quiet place, when the music is paused, for a few seconds before the amp stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back