Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 4, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #1,831 of 4,006
This adapter is only meant for use with the r3 and for getting a digital signal OUT of the r3. Sorry about the confusion.
Damnit. I just ordered one of these. :/ I figured it was just simple USB OTG and it would work. I thought the person was sharing this saying they had it working with their R6 Pro.

I think this is what you're looking for. It's $19.00 on eBay, $25.00 directly from Hiby.
Next time test something yourself before you blindly recommend a product please. Thankfully the eBay seller was MusicTeck, so hopefully they are willing to take it back since they are HiBy's official US reseller.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #1,832 of 4,006
The battery drain is fixed, but unfortunately it seems that Google Play Services is now crashing constantly. I've done another few factory resets and the crash is still persisting. Any ideas?
Are you wiping the cache before you factory reset? (Do not wipe cache afterwards)

May 4, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #1,833 of 4,006
Damnit. I just ordered one of these. :/ I figured it was just simple USB OTG and it would work. I thought the person was sharing this saying they had it working with their R6 Pro.

Next time test something yourself before you blindly recommend a product please. Thankfully the eBay seller was MusicTeck, so hopefully they are willing to take it back since they are HiBy's official US reseller.
Maybe read the ad more closely before ordering something. I wasn't buying the cable I simply showed the product.

May 4, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #1,834 of 4,006
My new setup :)

I3XySh6.jpg

X4kjA9J.jpg

nbNyVj1.jpg

May 4, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,835 of 4,006
Reporting back in regards to my homemade faraday case:
20190504_110322.jpg
I used 2.5" faraday tape and just lined the inside of the case. be careful around jacks/usb port though since it's a conductive material.

Seems to be working while testing here at home. I'll go out on a trip into Manhattan later and do the real test. What a cheap fix for those of us that don't stream :)

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #1,837 of 4,006
Hello, HiBy helped me to partially solve my issue with low quality Tidal streaming. They had me upgrade the firmware to the latest and I immediately got 96k quality when playing Tidal masters.

Unfortunately, downloaded stuff still only gives me 44 even though I have those settings at max quality. Hopefully they can help me work that out - getting my 512 GB card today :)

May 6, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,838 of 4,006
Hello, HiBy helped me to partially solve my issue with low quality Tidal streaming. They had me upgrade the firmware to the latest and I immediately got 96k quality when playing Tidal masters.

Unfortunately, downloaded stuff still only gives me 44 even though I have those settings at max quality. Hopefully they can help me work that out - getting my 512 GB card today :)
What version of Tidal? You should have 2.11.3. Anything newer will not work properly. You will need to download the apk (apkmirror.com) and not have auto updates turned on. I speak from experience... :)

May 6, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,839 of 4,006
What version of Tidal? You should have 2.11.3. Anything newer will not work properly. You will need to download the apk (apkmirror.com) and not have auto updates turned on. I speak from experience... :)

Oh man, thank you so much... I drive a couple hours a day for work and I can't wait to try this. Funny that HiBy and Tidal didn't seem to have this info. Tidal even told me they don't support any DAP's

May 6, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #1,840 of 4,006
Oh man, thank you so much... I drive a couple hours a day for work and I can't wait to try this. Funny that HiBy and Tidal didn't seem to have this info. Tidal even told me they don't support any DAP's
My pleasure. Just paying it forward - someone on the thread helped me earlier!

Just uninstall Tidal and then reinstall from the apk. Be sure to disable auto updates in Play Store... Every time you open up Tidal it will tell you there is a new version. Obviously don't accept the update :)

Also, downside is you will have to redownload all of your previously downloaded tracks. But it is a one time deal.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #1,841 of 4,006
My pleasure. Just paying it forward - someone on the thread helped me earlier!

Just uninstall Tidal and then reinstall from the apk. Be sure to disable auto updates in Play Store... Every time you open up Tidal it will tell you there is a new version. Obviously don't accept the update :)

Also, downside is you will have to redownload all of your previously downloaded tracks. But it is a one time deal.

Haha, nice. I hadn't thought of the auto updates... I would've been wondering next week why everything went to low quality again. I actually just got my 512GB Samsung SD card today, so I haven't saved hardly anything on the DAP yet. I was going to go with the SanDisk 400GB but the extra space will be nice

Just wishing I hadn't wasted money on the Dragonfly Red. Going to use it for a paperweight now that I hear the incredible difference in sound quality.

I did try playing a few DSD files I obtained, and didn't notice a lot of difference. Although I'm really new to this so it probably is noticeable to others.

May 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #1,842 of 4,006
I have found my favorite cable/eartip combination for using my Beyerdynamic Xelento with the R6 Pro: the SpinFit C145 eartips (size small) and LQi's OCC pure silver SQ7 cable. I didn't want to spend a ton on a cable, so I didn't go with anything really high-end. The SQ7 cable makes the R6 Pro's sound more crisp and it gives the treble more presence and sparkle without becoming bright. The C145 eartips fit and sound the best of the tips I've tried so far.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #1,843 of 4,006
IMG_20190506_203353.jpg
@Joe Bloggs

Need your help Joe.

I went to use a Bluetooth connection today that I have used before and I keep getting this message . It connects and crashes . I removed the memory card and still keeps in this loop turning on and then crashing. If I turn the Bluetooth off all the apps like Tidal and Hiby music works with no problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_203353.jpg
    IMG_20190506_203353.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #1,844 of 4,006

@Joe Bloggs

Need your help Joe.

I went to use a Bluetooth connection today that I have used before and I keep getting this message . It connects and crashes . I removed the memory card and still keeps in this loop turning on and then crashing. If I turn the Bluetooth off all the apps like Tidal and Hiby music works with no problems.
We are aware of the issue and are preparing to release a patch fixing this problem this week.

In the meantime, you will need to reset the bluetooth app on your R6pro as follows:

go to Settings->Apps & notifications
tap "see all xx apps" if that line appears
then tap the 3 dots on the upper right of the screen and tap "Show system"
now scroll down, find and tap on "Bluetooth"
tap Force Stop, OK, then tap on Storage then Clear Data, OK
now pair again with bluetooth devices from scratch

Hope that helps!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 7, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #1,845 of 4,006
We are aware of the issue and are preparing to release a patch fixing this problem this week.

In the meantime, you will need to reset the bluetooth app on your R6pro as follows:

go to Settings->Apps & notifications
tap "see all xx apps" if that line appears
then tap the 3 dots on the upper right of the screen and tap "Show system"
now scroll down, find and tap on "Bluetooth"
tap Force Stop, OK, then tap on Storage then Clear Data, OK
now pair again with bluetooth devices from scratch

Hope that helps!

I followed all of the above steps and as soon as I turned on Bluetooth it crashed and started the reopen and crash cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back