Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Oct 8, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,021 of 1,971
Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, thats not it as that is disabled. Interestingly this isn't something that happens between songs but rather while a song is playing... weird...

As a follow-up, I just tried again, booting up my player and starting a song on Amazon. I thought the volume was a bit loud, and then I lowered the volume one step. The volume dramatically lowered, and when I tried increasing the volume by one step it made little difference (as expected) but I could not return the music to the original volume it started at because I have limited the max volume in the audio settings.

So, I think I can say that for some reason, in at least my case, the Amazon Music app gets around the player volume settings in some circumstances and is governed by the player volume settings in others.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #1,022 of 1,971
Give it time, I wasn't impressed with mine at first but 100+ hours in, it's sounding amazing. I suggest you install a radio app, find a music station, adjust the battery saver so it only charges to 80% (this will protect it), plug it in and leave it playing for a few days. You can of course use it as well, just leave it playing when you're not using it to speed up the process. This is known as 'burn in' and in my experience it's true of most Hi-Fi equipment and well worth doing, especially for headphones and IEMs where it helps the moving parts to bed in.
Yeah I've noticed that it was better with just a few hours burn in, first thing I do with any device.
With all the settings, I think it'll take me a while to figure out how I like it.

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #1,023 of 1,971
Maybe anyone who can help?
Few days ago I got my Hiby R6 Pro II brandnew from a local shop.
I enjoyed listening to them with the balanced output 4.4mm only. Today I tried the 3.5mm unblalanced output and realized that there is no sound. Also the complete left side (LO) delivers no sound. Only the 4.4mm headphone Output works fine.
I also saw that the headphone symbol (in the right corner of the display) never disappeared. With my other Hiby Player (R6 2020) it only appears when I connect wired headphones. When I connect the headphone jack (3.5mm or 4.4mm) the headphone symbol appears in the display and when I disconnect the connection the symbol disappears again.

I did a complete factory reset two times, still the same problem.

Do I have a defective device or is there any trick I don't know?
Hi, as it is from a local shop there's little to lose from taking it back for an exchange?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 8, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #1,024 of 1,971
Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, thats not it as that is disabled. Interestingly this isn't something that happens between songs but rather while a song is playing... weird...

Screenshot_20231008-094454.png
Can you try disabling "Dolby Atmos / 360 Reality Audio"? As I don't think it is available on this device anyway but who knows what enabling this incompatible setting might do.

Also you may try *enabling* loudness normalization, it doesn't hurt dynamic range of an individual song, only adjusts the digital gain between different albums as far as I know.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #1,025 of 1,971
Can you try disabling "Dolby Atmos / 360 Reality Audio"? As I don't think it is available on this device anyway but who knows what enabling this incompatible setting might do.

Also you may try *enabling* loudness normalization, it doesn't hurt dynamic range of an individual song, only adjusts the digital gain between different albums as far as I know.
Thanks! I will try these suggestions!

Oct 10, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #1,028 of 1,971
I can confirm the problem with Amazon Music.
I installed Amazon Music, connected one of my headphones and left it on the ground (thanks to @jsmiller58 for the warning). I could hear the headphones screaming. The device volume is set to 22 but Amazon Music plays at 100% volume. This is extremely dangerous, could easily damage both eardrums and the headphones.

I tried the same on the Sony Zx707 and there the volume is fine. So it’s definitely a Software bug in the R6P2.

@Joe Bloggs Could you please have your team look into this ?
Meanwhile I would advice everyone NOT to use Amazon Music on the R6P2.

One more thing I noticed is when I killed the Amazon Music app the Hiby R6P2 volume at the top indicated 100. Something is going wrong when using Amazon Music on the R6P2.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #1,029 of 1,971
I can confirm the problem with Amazon Music.
I installed Amazon Music, connected one of my headphones and left it on the ground (thanks to @jsmiller58 for the warning). I could hear the headphones screaming. The device volume is set to 22 but Amazon Music plays at 100% volume. This is extremely dangerous, could easily damage both eardrums and the headphones.

I tried the same on the Sony Zx707 and there the volume is fine. So it’s definitely a Software bug in the R6P2.

@Joe Bloggs Could you please have your team look into this ?
Meanwhile I would advice everyone NOT to use Amazon Music on the R6P2.

One more thing I noticed is when I killed the Amazon Music app the Hiby R6P2 volume at the top indicated 100. Something is going wrong when using Amazon Music on the R6P2.
Thank you for confirming! I was going to start the factory reset process within the hour so you saved me that effort!

Oct 11, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #1,030 of 1,971
A similar thing has just happened to me. I fired up Amazon Music and despite the volume indicator showing 40 it was blaring. I turned the volume down and it reverted to the right volume but showed 100. I've been listening since and it's been fine and this has never happened before, although tbh I haven't used it much since upgrading to the Pro II as I've been mainly listening to local files.

Edit: it happened again at the start of the next album I listened to.

Update: with the 3 buttons at the bottom enabled, pressing 'back' forced the volume to 100 each time. I then connected my phone to the Pro II via Bluetooth and played Amazon Music that way - no problem at all (apart from the long delay - surely that can be fixed?)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #1,031 of 1,971
A similar thing has just happened to me. I fired up Amazon Music and despite the volume indicator showing 40 it was blaring. I turned the volume down and it reverted to the right volume but showed 100. I've been listening since and it's been fine and this has never happened before, although tbh I haven't used it much since upgrading to the Pro II as I've been mainly listening to local files.

Update: with the 3 buttons at the bottom enabled, pressing 'back' forced the volume to 100 each time. I then connected my phone to the Pro II via Bluetooth and played Amazon Music that way - no problem at all (apart from the long delay - surely that can be fixed?)

Look like the volume control app on the R6P2 is going into some kind of overflow which then puts the volume at 100.

Amazon Music is also notorious for other issues like on some Android players Amazon Music always forces 192khz for every track. Honestly in my experience, every Amazon app except their main shopping app is garbage. Even the shopping app is not the best but it’s a necessity and it works at least.

Oct 11, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #1,032 of 1,971
I just checked, Amazon Music updated itself 4 days ago and this is the first time I've used it since then so it does indeed appear to be an Amazon problem that particularly affects our Pro IIs.

And yes, I'd noticed that it always shows 192kHz, it was the same in my Gen III so I assumed it was normal.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #1,033 of 1,971

1. What's the exact version no. of your amazon app right now?
2. Do you ever hear any notification sounds from the amazon app?
3. Is anyone with this issue trying to use the EQ on the Amazon app?

Last edited:

Oct 11, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #1,034 of 1,971
1) 23.13.1 OTA (#130114)
2) No
3) Yes

Oct 11, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #1,035 of 1,971
1. What's the exact version no. of your amazon app right now?
2. Do you ever hear any notification sounds from the amazon app?
3. Is anyone with this issue trying to use the EQ on the Amazon app?

1. 23.13.1 OTA (#130114)
2. No
3. No

Additionally, on my S22 Ultra I never experience this issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back