Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 27, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #361 of 1,937
They matched very well with the ier-z1r. love

IMG_20230427_141530_edit_3190485984605353.jpg

Apr 27, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #363 of 1,937
I absolutely agree that a large screen is low on my list of priorities for a DAP - and frankly I would prefer a more compact size for ease of use. The design of the circuit board with the dual dacs/balanced outputs may be the culprit for the dimensions of the chassis, especially if they were chasing a lower noise floor than the previous generation (which was very prone to interference and background hiss). Given that, they may have just slapped on the nicest screen they could on the chassis they had to build - and at 1080 x 2160 it is a *very* nice screen :)
That is some screen! Just curious, brightness-wise, I often use my DAP at night and really value being able to turn the screen to the lowest level. If you could check it out at some point in a darkened room, with the screen turned all the way down, is it still a fairly bright screen or does it get comfortably low?

Apr 27, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #364 of 1,937
That is some screen! Just curious, brightness-wise, I often use my DAP at night and really value being able to turn the screen to the lowest level. If you could check it out at some point in a darkened room, with the screen turned all the way down, is it still a fairly bright screen or does it get comfortably low?
There is an "extra dim" mode that you can toggle. For me it is sufficiently dim in a dark room.

May 1, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #365 of 1,937
Moving on to the heaphones - if I'm doing this correctly, where something like the Empire Ears Odin would need 0.2181V, the NightOwl would need 1.7741V to get to the same listening level (120db in calculator - to accomodate for dynamic range at 100db listening level). Headphones need a lot more power! But if someone is more knowledgeable, would you be able to provide a better insight into how to find out the mw, as it's got different power values at 16 ohms and 32 ohms on the DAP, how do you calculate what gear you can run on your setup?

Will it be able to power HD 600/650 to drive 250ohms Headphones in SE and Balanced mode? Or Hifiman Sundara?

May 1, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #368 of 1,937
There is an "extra dim" mode that you can toggle. For me it is sufficiently dim in a dark room.
yes, i would agree that it is acceptably dim. there is also a system toggle to turn off the 'pulsar' light, i.e. the power/bit rate indicator which can also be quite bright (although not as bad as on the r6 iii, that thing is a frickin' beacon fire)

May 1, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #369 of 1,937
Good afternoon, forum users. I would like to know if the R6 Pro 2 is really as weak as they say? What headphones have you used it successfully with?

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #371 of 1,937
I don’t have one myself but I’ve been reading about it. Who is saying it’s “weak”?
@Surf Monkey - I think he is asking if the relatively low output power specs translate into trouble driving headphones.

@LinstantX - what headphones are you interested in driving?

May 1, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #373 of 1,937
@Surf Monkey - I think he is asking if the relatively low output power specs translate into trouble driving headphones.

@LinstantX - what headphones are you interested in driving?
Yes exactly. I was thinking of using planars. Something like hifiman sundara, audeze mm-100, sendy audio aiva, fostex t60rp. Although I suspect planars are not the most suitable load for this player's amplifier. And if we consider something from the dynamic ones, then fiio ft3, sivga sv023.

May 1, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #375 of 1,937
I had this player for just over a week, as part of the review tour, and it has no trouble at all driving Sundara, both in single ended and balanced, although I preferred balanced.
My torture headphones are a pair of old Sennheiser HD-414SL, and it even drove them pretty well. The only other device I have that’ll drive them is Chord Mojo; everything else (Dragonfly Red, Hip-Dac, Hiby R3 Saber), just run out of steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back