Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 24, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #331 of 1,939
So the cons so far are the following:

Hard to press buttons with or without the case (please correct me if I am wrong)
Mediocre battery life

Can someone share a picture of the unit with case on and in sideways to see the buttons?

Thanks!
Power/vol up+down
20230424_123907_HDR.jpg

Play/pause/Next/Prev
20230424_123828.jpg

Actual buttons (no issue here)
20230424_124217.jpg

I don't find this problematic, but yes, not as easy to blind press when cased.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #333 of 1,939
Thank you for sharing the pics.
Anyone tried to compare this with Shanling M6 ultra? The price difference is quite big but how close or far apart are they?
User experience-wise, although I like Shanling’s UI more, especially for their music app, these two perform similarly. And it makes sense. They have the same CPU and the same amount of RAM. Shanling offers a bigger battery, but I doubt the stamina would be dramatically different. The M6 Ultra has Pure Music Mode as a plus, so you can extend the battery life when you don’t use Wi-Fi or streaming services. Yet, HIBY has Android 12 vs. Android 10 in the Shanling.

For sound, the M6 Ultra is warmer than the R6 Pro II, which is closer to neutral than Shanling. Of course, the R6 Pro II is also an AKM player and I would also call it warm per se, but the Shanling offering is a bit warmer. That is most apparent in the bass region, where the M6 Ultra sounds a bit fatter and bolder. The R6 Pro II has a quicker bass response with a neutral performance. For mids, they both perform well, with good musicality and good timbre. I think the R6 Pro II has a better background still, whilst the M6 Ultra has a slightly fuller and denser instrument presentation. The treble is smooth in both, but I find the R6 Pro II a bit more energetic here.

However, I personally think that with the new model, HIBY looks more elegant and that screen is a massive difference in terms of user experience. Sound-wise these two are both good, it’s just the little differences that set them apart, so you can choose depending on your set of IEMs/headphones.

https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-r6-pro-ii-review/4/

Apr 24, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #334 of 1,939
Thank you for sharing the pics.
Anyone tried to compare this with Shanling M6 ultra? The price difference is quite big but how close or far apart are they?
I have a M6U so whenever I get a R6 Pro II in, I'll throw some comparisons up. Not sure when I'll get a purple R6 P2 in though.

Update: I’ll have one shortly after they release in the US.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #335 of 1,939
IMG_2547.jpeg
IMG_2551.jpeg

Canjam SG preorders just arrived at Zeppelin - obviously I haven’t had time to set it up or burn it in for impressions yet, but here’s some ‘glamor shots’ in the wild with the rest of the family -
R6 Pro, R6 III and R6 Pro 2 :)

Attachments

• IMG_2552.jpeg
    IMG_2552.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2550.jpeg
    IMG_2550.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2548.jpeg
    IMG_2548.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #339 of 1,939

Canjam SG preorders just arrived at Zeppelin - obviously I haven’t had time to set it up or burn it in for impressions yet, but here’s some ‘glamor shots’ in the wild with the rest of the family -
R6 Pro, R6 III and R6 Pro 2 :)
Does the R6 P2 use a glass screen protector or still the standard plastic ones?

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #340 of 1,939
Does the R6 P2 use a glass screen protector or still the standard plastic ones?
It came with a plastic one - time will tell if someone comes up with a glass version. I will say that my r6 pro mk1 protector is still going strong after 4+ years of daily use :wink:

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #342 of 1,939
It came with a plastic one - time will tell if someone comes up with a glass version. I will say that my r6 pro mk1 protector is still going strong after 4+ years of daily use :wink:
Yeah, I think they hold up well overall. The R6 P2 screen looks fairly flat so I expect someone aftermarket will conjure up a tempered glass. I always worry about drops even though I've yet to drop any of DAPs.

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #343 of 1,939
Yeah, I think they hold up well overall. The R6 P2 screen looks fairly flat so I expect someone aftermarket will conjure up a tempered glass. I always worry about drops even though I've yet to drop any of DAPs.
A glass protector won't fit in the case. The leather case it TIGHT. If you put a glass protector on after you case it, you'll never get it out the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back