Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
May 5, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #406 of 1,972
Thank you so much for your fast answer´s and sorry for asking you the question. I am absolutely new to the entire HIFI stuff stuff.
You actually stated that the player is broken. Just ask the question before you post such statements, people here will help you, we are here to exgange our knowledge and experiences.

May 6, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #408 of 1,972
Doing some photo editing for the upcoming review. I really do like the design on the back of the R6 P2. But I prefer it in the case for sure.
_DSC8057.jpg
_DSC8056.jpg

May 6, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #409 of 1,972
Power aside, i’d said that to my ears R6-Pro 2 accents microcontrast a bit more, builds stage more accurately and slightly more refined in the treble area. M15S sounds slightly tighter and more highlights dynamic. Also M15S is less critical for the quality of records
Thanks a lot for your reply and advices. Before changing my Fiio M11, I will wait the first review on A&K SR35 as it is in the same price range as Hiby R6 pro 2 and Fiio M15S..

May 6, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #410 of 1,972

Hiby R6 Pro II First Impressions:​

First Impressions:​

• Clean, straight-forward unboxing
  • Generous inclusions
  • Sleek design with not-so-ideal control positions
  • Solid external storage support, disappointing internal storage support
  • A little sluggish, but understandable for the SoC
  • Straight forward set-up
  • Quick transfers
  • Warmer sound
  • Gets pretty warm after longer listening sessions
  • Power output is adequate but might be lacking for cans

You can watch my unboxing here

The Hiby R6 Pro II runs on Android 12 with a Snapdragon 665 SoC, 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 2TB External Storage, 1 AK419EQ + Dual AK4499EX and 4 analog outputs.

The R6 Pro II greets you with a clean but very straight-forward unboxing experience that is a treat as I never found myself fussing over the unboxing process. It comes with basically everything you need minus a power brick. The DAP itself is absolutely sleek and very sturdy to the hand. However, I do have to say that the control positions are a little bit awkward as from picking up the DAP itself, I accidentally turned it on due to the controls being placed where I usually hold phones. It is also not the most compact despite its 5.9” size due to the thickness. It also has a considerable bezel that, even with the case gives the R6 Pro II a rather distinct chin.

Setting up the R6 Pro II was also a breeze and getting into the play store to download applications were quite intuitive. However, the boot times were a little bit slow and the OS feeling a little sluggish, but understandable once you understand that the chip used for this is about 3-4 years old now. Regardless, this is a potential cause of concern for those who want a snappy experience as I found that, when using Hiby’s native app, there will be a slight delay in the playback of your first song that will cause the song to play 1 second after the input. Changing volumes through the screen is also not the most responsive which, again, may cause for concerns those who want a snappy input.

On the applications side, I’m yet to take a more thorough look into app support. But since this is Android 12, you should expect most modern apps to work. Unfortunately, scrobbling seems to not work on the R6 Pro II which was quite disappointing, but understandable considering that the scrobball app is currently optimized for android 11.

As for ports, the R6 Pro II comes with all the ports you need. 1 4.4mm BAL LO, 1 3.5mm LO, 1 3.5mm PO and 1 4.4mm BAL PO. The lack of a 2.5 jack is quite disappointing but also understandable considering how compact the R6 Pro II already is (and the arguable fact that 4.4mm is superior). You also have the Type C placed right beside all of that. Although I’d definitely say that the top being as barren as it means that other ports or segregating the ports maybe have been a possibility.

Its power output is also quite decent, but I feel like these are not meant to drive low sensitivity or high impedance headphones and are most fitting with in-ears as I found myself boosting the volume of the likes of the Hiby Zeta with an impedance of 9 ohms and sensitivity of 100db on the balanced output with low gain all the way to 90 out of 100.

And lastly, as for the sound, the playback is rather warm and gives leaner IEMs a very nice sense of body and richness that I found absent in other sources that I have on hand and from memory. Bass sounds a little bit thicker and more textured while the high-end is much smoother and, especially for sets with a lot of treble, tames the overall region without skimping on details.

However, it should be noted that the R6 Pro II gets a little bit toasty after a few hours of listening. I’ll be thoroughly testing this if this was due to the balanced output but regardless, it was quite toasty.

My first few hours of experience with the R6 Pro II have seriously just been fantastic. I’ve been testing out all my favorite IEMs and my favorite tracks and I’m just absolutely stoked! I’ll be doing further testing on the R6 Pro II along with the convolver suggested by Mr Joseph Yeong. But overall, amazing DAP!

Stay tuned for my full review!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review. If you would like to see more of my content, please consider following my Facebook page and my other social media accounts:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRv42fx1TIcEpP_QBbkhEOA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OB.ODIO
Twitter: https://twitter.com/obodioreviews
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/obodioreviews/

If you would like to avail the product review today, check the non-affiliate link below!
https://store.hiby.com/products/r6-pro-ii-gen-2

May 6, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #411 of 1,972
I'm planning a UK travel this year, is there any store I can pick this up there ?

May 6, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #412 of 1,972

Hiby R6 Pro II First Impressions:​

First Impressions:​

• Clean, straight-forward unboxing
  • Generous inclusions
  • Sleek design with not-so-ideal control positions
  • Solid external storage support, disappointing internal storage support
  • A little sluggish, but understandable for the SoC
  • Straight forward set-up
  • Quick transfers
  • Warmer sound
  • Gets pretty warm after longer listening sessions
  • Power output is adequate but might be lacking for cans

You can watch my unboxing here

The Hiby R6 Pro II runs on Android 12 with a Snapdragon 665 SoC, 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 2TB External Storage, 1 AK419EQ + Dual AK4499EX and 4 analog outputs.

The R6 Pro II greets you with a clean but very straight-forward unboxing experience that is a treat as I never found myself fussing over the unboxing process. It comes with basically everything you need minus a power brick. The DAP itself is absolutely sleek and very sturdy to the hand. However, I do have to say that the control positions are a little bit awkward as from picking up the DAP itself, I accidentally turned it on due to the controls being placed where I usually hold phones. It is also not the most compact despite its 5.9” size due to the thickness. It also has a considerable bezel that, even with the case gives the R6 Pro II a rather distinct chin.

Setting up the R6 Pro II was also a breeze and getting into the play store to download applications were quite intuitive. However, the boot times were a little bit slow and the OS feeling a little sluggish, but understandable once you understand that the chip used for this is about 3-4 years old now. Regardless, this is a potential cause of concern for those who want a snappy experience as I found that, when using Hiby’s native app, there will be a slight delay in the playback of your first song that will cause the song to play 1 second after the input. Changing volumes through the screen is also not the most responsive which, again, may cause for concerns those who want a snappy input.

On the applications side, I’m yet to take a more thorough look into app support. But since this is Android 12, you should expect most modern apps to work. Unfortunately, scrobbling seems to not work on the R6 Pro II which was quite disappointing, but understandable considering that the scrobball app is currently optimized for android 11.

As for ports, the R6 Pro II comes with all the ports you need. 1 4.4mm BAL LO, 1 3.5mm LO, 1 3.5mm PO and 1 4.4mm BAL PO. The lack of a 2.5 jack is quite disappointing but also understandable considering how compact the R6 Pro II already is (and the arguable fact that 4.4mm is superior). You also have the Type C placed right beside all of that. Although I’d definitely say that the top being as barren as it means that other ports or segregating the ports maybe have been a possibility.

Its power output is also quite decent, but I feel like these are not meant to drive low sensitivity or high impedance headphones and are most fitting with in-ears as I found myself boosting the volume of the likes of the Hiby Zeta with an impedance of 9 ohms and sensitivity of 100db on the balanced output with low gain all the way to 90 out of 100.

And lastly, as for the sound, the playback is rather warm and gives leaner IEMs a very nice sense of body and richness that I found absent in other sources that I have on hand and from memory. Bass sounds a little bit thicker and more textured while the high-end is much smoother and, especially for sets with a lot of treble, tames the overall region without skimping on details.

However, it should be noted that the R6 Pro II gets a little bit toasty after a few hours of listening. I’ll be thoroughly testing this if this was due to the balanced output but regardless, it was quite toasty.

My first few hours of experience with the R6 Pro II have seriously just been fantastic. I’ve been testing out all my favorite IEMs and my favorite tracks and I’m just absolutely stoked! I’ll be doing further testing on the R6 Pro II along with the convolver suggested by Mr Joseph Yeong. But overall, amazing DAP!

Stay tuned for my full review!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review. If you would like to see more of my content, please consider following my Facebook page and my other social media accounts:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRv42fx1TIcEpP_QBbkhEOA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OB.ODIO
Twitter: https://twitter.com/obodioreviews
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/obodioreviews/

If you would like to avail the product review today, check the non-affiliate link below!
https://store.hiby.com/products/r6-pro-ii-gen-2

Interesting that you say it has a warm sound. Some other reviews have said that it has a neutral sound.
I do prefer a warmer sound which is why I bought a DAP with AKM DACs.
Still waiting for my pre-order to ship ..

May 6, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #413 of 1,972
I'm planning a UK travel this year, is there any store I can pick this up there ?
I have asked Hiby a few weeks back if there are any distributors in the UK, and got this reply... ended up ordering from Hiby directly and no complaints at all. Quick delivery and really good comms as well... highly recommended from me.

"...I'm sorry that HiBy currently does not have an authorized dealer/representative in the UK, but we have some authorized dealers/representatives in EU countries. You can check which region/country will suit you better. By the way, orders placed on the HiBy official website can be shipped to the UK and it usually takes 5 to 15 days. ..."

May 6, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #414 of 1,972
Interesting that you say it has a warm sound. Some other reviews have said that it has a neutral sound.
I do prefer a warmer sound which is why I bought a DAP with AKM DACs.
Still waiting for my pre-order to ship ..
It has AKM DACs which coudl explain my observation that it the sound output is warm. Hope you'll enjoy your R6 II when it comes!

May 6, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #415 of 1,972
I would call it neutral. It sounds a little more dynamic when bass is called for. Thumps well on harder hitting iems and headphones. I do however find the treble is sharper and faster in decay. This very much follows the sound signature of my Topping E70V which uses the same DAC. A better version of neutral that doesn’t quite sound boring.

May 6, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #416 of 1,972
Just received the R6 Pro II. I am having that "glitchy crackle" when switching tracks.
When I restarted the device for first time, it had loaded in "safe mode" (text in bottom corner of screen).

The distorted noise when switching next track happens in Tidal for me, I have not tried any other players yet. Will try UAPP later.

May 6, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #417 of 1,972
Just received the R6 Pro II. I am having that "glitchy crackle" when switching tracks.
When I restarted the device for first time, it had loaded in "safe mode" (text in bottom corner of screen).

The distorted noise when switching next track happens in Tidal for me, I have not tried any other players yet. Will try UAPP later.

You must update every app and the player(firmware) manually to have the best outcome from the player.

May 7, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #418 of 1,972
May 7, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #420 of 1,972
So far I've had no luck in getting BT or USB DAC mode working with either R6III or R6PII. Not that it's super important for me, but I could use USB DAC mode for sure.
Both work on mine. Though Audirvāna won’t let me upscale to to the 1536 kHz sample rate. Pretty sure I could get it to work with roon. I have no issues with Windows or Mac. You do need to pull the top menu down and tap on the USB options notification and choose either audio in options. It is ver usb cable specific. All my high speed cables worked fine but a lot of my short dongle cables wouldn’t do anything other than charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back