Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
May 6, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #1,936 of 1,946
Typically these cards actually physically cannot go in the wrong way, so no danger.
That’s not true. If forced the micro sd card can also go in the wrong way and then it’s a pain to remove it, might even cause some damage.

@Colif You know you have inserted it properly if the last 20% has a spring motion that clicks into place when fully pushed in. If there’s no spring action and it feels rough to push in then you are inserting it wrong.

May 6, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #1,937 of 1,946
That’s not true. If forced the micro sd card can also go in the wrong way and then it’s a pain to remove it, might even cause some damage.

@Colif You know you have inserted it properly if the last 20% has a spring motion that clicks into place when fully pushed in. If there’s no spring action and it feels rough to push in then you are inserting it wrong.
Very true, hold my hands up as I am a guilty one. Done this on my Ibasso when I first got it, card went in wrongly, did not work ( probably shorted the card) so my wisdom told me try it on the the Nikon camera, smoke came out and camera was fried. So am very very careful now with sd cards. Expensive lesson.

May 6, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #1,938 of 1,946
HiBy customer service acknowledged there is an issue with the Max Battery setting and they will try to fix it. No ETA.

Attachments

• H.png
    H.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
May 6, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #1,939 of 1,946
OK, sorry if I gave bad advice about SD card insertion. But, can I ask those who’ve managed to put the card in wrong, did you have to apply excess force? I never applied excess force and the proper direction was obvious to me when small force failed to insert the card because it was oriented incorrectly…

May 7, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #1,940 of 1,946
OK, sorry if I gave bad advice about SD card insertion. But, can I ask those who’ve managed to put the card in wrong, did you have to apply excess force? I never applied excess force and the proper direction was obvious to me when small force failed to insert the card because it was oriented incorrectly…
Cannot remember exactly as it was a few years back however from what I recall the card slot allowed the card to go in incorrectly, there was a lot of play so card could go in even when not put in straight so it went in wrongly, am sure I had read at the time this happened to at least another individual.

May 7, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #1,941 of 1,946
Waiting for microsd card and reader to show up in mail. I realised I needed to format it before I put it in anyway... inserting in reader might clue me in anyway.

Looking on YouTube I found video of a R6 where it had a sim tray - this doesn't appear to - and the sdcard was put in so that the label faced the back of the unit.
But looking inside the slot, the metal part appears to be on side facing rear of DAP which would imply to me the label should face display.
So just as confused as before :)

I got a 512gb sdcard so don't necessarily want to guess which way is right way

May 7, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #1,942 of 1,946
Waiting for microsd card and reader to show up in mail. I realised I needed to format it before I put it in anyway... inserting in reader might clue me in anyway.

Looking on YouTube I found video of a R6 where it had a sim tray - this doesn't appear to - and the sdcard was put in so that the label faced the back of the unit.
But looking inside the slot, the metal part appears to be on side facing rear of DAP which would imply to me the label should face display.
So just as confused as before :)

I got a 512gb sdcard so don't necessarily want to guess which way is right way
Pins facing up.

Attachments

• 20240507_213644.jpg
    20240507_213644.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
May 8, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #1,944 of 1,946
Even more cool is that you can run autoEQ on any unit listed on squig.link and export the results to a file that can be read directly by the PEQ :)

Which Autoeq.app equalizer app export type works the best with the new PEQ? I tried a few but I am getting data error. The file formats for some are similar to squig.link except for shelf filters. When I set up a 10 band custom PEQ without shelf filters, it still wouldn't import, so it's unclear what's happening.

May 8, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #1,945 of 1,946
Which Autoeq.app equalizer app export type works the best with the new PEQ? I tried a few but I am getting data error. The file formats for some are similar to squig.link except for shelf filters. When I set up a 10 band custom PEQ without shelf filters, it still wouldn't import, so it's unclear what's happening.
Hi, I just tested this, there's actually not much to it, it's the custom parametric EQ, you can have shelf filters and up to 10 bands of anything even. You just have to edit the file so that the frequency numbers are whole numbers not decimals. I'll see about updating support for this in the next version.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 8, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #1,946 of 1,946
Hi, I just tested this, there's actually not much to it, it's the custom parametric EQ, you can have shelf filters and up to 10 bands of anything even. You just have to edit the file so that the frequency numbers are whole numbers not decimals. I'll see about updating support for this in the next version.

Got it. Whole numbers only. I was wondering what was going on as the files looked to be the same format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back