HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 5, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #6,541 of 6,622
Hi to All!
I bought it for my son-in-law R6.
I will check the performance and found that files with a resolution of 24/384 stutter, play in jerks.
Interestingly, both simple flac 24/384 and MQA-flac 24/48, which rolls out to a maximum of 384 kHz, also stutters.
The files are located on the internal storage and on the SD card - no difference.
With a significant decrease in volume, stuttering decreases and completely disappears.
Any thoughts?
UPD: 24/352.8 - the same problems :frowning2:

UPD2:
In the audio settings, I switched the filter to the slow rolloff value and the stuttering almost disappeared. They appear only at very high volume values.
As I understand it, stuttering is the locking of the output amplifier from the excess of a high-frequency signal.

Maybe someone will use my research :)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #6,542 of 6,622
Hi to All!
I bought it for my son-in-law R6.
I will check the performance and found that files with a resolution of 24/384 stutter, play in jerks.
Interestingly, both simple flac 24/384 and MQA-flac 24/48, which rolls out to a maximum of 384 kHz, also stutters.
The files are located on the internal storage and on the SD card - no difference.
With a significant decrease in volume, stuttering decreases and completely disappears.
Any thoughts?
UPD: 24/352.8 - the same problems :frowning2:

UPD2:
In the audio settings, I switched the filter to the slow rolloff value and the stuttering almost disappeared. They appear only at very high volume values.
As I understand it, stuttering is the locking of the output amplifier from the excess of a high-frequency signal.

Maybe someone will use my research :)
Hi,

By stuttering do you mean distortion, or actual stuttering where the progress of the music in time is interrupted?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 6, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #6,543 of 6,622
By stuttering do you mean distortion, or actual stuttering where the progress of the music in time is interrupted?
I'll try to explain .. (oh, this is my English ..)
This is similar to how the output transistor turns off for a moment and the sound disappears. Moreover, this is manifested to a greater extent in the left channel, less often in the right. That is, the channels react to it independently.

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #6,544 of 6,622
Hi Everyone First Post But do read the Forums Regularly - i have a Problem on a Hiby R6

Will only Start with a hard reset - Will not start from standby - Have tried Rebooting and resetting from Android Startup but again the Same - Appears to play OK When working but once i click the standby button it will not start again unless i Do A hard Reset

Any Ideas and thanks in advance

Nov 27, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #6,547 of 6,622
Welp finally got the R6 Pro back a few weeks after being repaired. It was at least working and playing music again, but still some issues with the battery not being able to charge all the way. Today, my R6 Pro is dead again. Shut off randomly while playing music despite battery being near 40%, and won't charge. I've read through previous posts with the same issue, so will try to troubleshoot myself. But at this point, I'm done with DAPs altogether, at least Hiby. It's been the most frustrating audiophile purchase I've ever made from day 1. Even worse than the time I was scammed by a previous Audeze employee with a custom LCD-X that was DOA and smelled profusely like weed....

@Joe Bloggs if there's anything you can think to help besides what has been mentioned in the past about connecting to computer USB for a day, switching battery modes, etc, I'll listen to anything to salvage this device

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #6,548 of 6,622
Welp finally got the R6 Pro back a few weeks after being repaired. It was at least working and playing music again, but still some issues with the battery not being able to charge all the way. Today, my R6 Pro is dead again. Shut off randomly while playing music despite battery being near 40%, and won't charge. I've read through previous posts with the same issue, so will try to troubleshoot myself. But at this point, I'm done with DAPs altogether, at least Hiby. It's been the most frustrating audiophile purchase I've ever made from day 1. Even worse than the time I was scammed by a previous Audeze employee with a custom LCD-X that was DOA and smelled profusely like weed....

@Joe Bloggs if there's anything you can think to help besides what has been mentioned in the past about connecting to computer USB for a day, switching battery modes, etc, I'll listen to anything to salvage this device
Tried leaving it on charge for most of the day? Done a factory reset? Tried a different charger? Tried updating the firmware to the newest one available, or tried asking @Joe Bloggs if it's possible to roll back the firmware to the base one and update from scratch? Apologies if you've tried all of these.

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #6,549 of 6,622
After pulling out the original Hiby USB-C cable and plugging it into a USB 3.0 plug on my turned on computer for a few hours, it finally charged and turned on. At least it works, but still will have to find a better solution for future charging!

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #6,550 of 6,622
Hi All (I knew I shouldn’t have fiddled....)

I recently re signed up for Tidal on my R6 - to my amazement it was reporting 352 bit rate sampling. Then I saw an updated firmware so pressed it. Now I can’t get above 96. Is there a setting I’ve ‘undone’ or was the previous just a bug of the old firmware? Cheers.

**Edit: never mind - it seems to have fixed itself. 😁👍🏻**

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #6,551 of 6,622
After pulling out the original Hiby USB-C cable and plugging it into a USB 3.0 plug on my turned on computer for a few hours, it finally charged and turned on. At least it works, but still will have to find a better solution for future charging!
Now it's got a charge you may be able to use a normal wall plug one. Perhaps the battery was totally flat despite being ok?

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #6,552 of 6,622
Hi All (I knew I shouldn’t have fiddled....)

I recently re signed up for Tidal on my R6 - to my amazement it was reporting 352 bit rate sampling. Then I saw an updated firmware so pressed it. Now I can’t get above 96. Is there a setting I’ve ‘undone’ or was the previous just a bug of the old firmware? Cheers.

**Edit: never mind - it seems to have fixed itself. 😁👍🏻**
It's probably to do with whether you have headphones plugged in or not (it would not go above 96kHz without, as it's putting out a digital signal that... welll... :wink: )

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 1, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #6,553 of 6,622
How well is it working at the moment? What were you usually using for charging?

Dec 20, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #6,555 of 6,622
Quick question from newbie-ish person. I want to use the DAC on my Chord Mojo and use the R6 as a transport only for Qobuz. I think all I need to do is connect the USB-C on the R6 to the USB input on the Mojo. Correct? I got a little confused about using the line out connection as some folks here suggested. The menu for the line out gives the option of line out or SPDIF. Am I correct that I can use the R6 as a “transport” only using either USB-C or the line out set to SPDIF? Both ways of doing it will pass a digital signal?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back