HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 18, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #6,466 of 6,622
Hey guys, I appear to be having the same Tidal issue... I was listening to music fine this morning and then it gave me an error that it couldn't play the next track. I thought maybe I lost the connection but I could still play Qobuz. I turned it off and back on again and now it's asking me to Log In. When I do that, it says:

"Login failed due to an unidentified network error. Please try again"

Is this the same error you guys are getting? I'd like to avoid reinstalling the Tidal app because I have 66 gigs of offline music saved

Incidentally, I can log in to Tidal from my iPhone and play stuff just fine

Thanks!

Adding @Joe Bloggs

I have the same problem but with a ZX2. Could you find a way to fix it?

May 18, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #6,467 of 6,622
I have the same problem but with a ZX2. Could you find a way to fix it?
I sure hope I can! If I can't and it turns out I need to reinstall Tidal and re-download all my music, I'm going to upgrade from the 512GB card I have in there now to a 1TB. That way I can set Tidal to download every single track, album, and playlist completely for offline. I'd use the 512GB in my new Nvidia shield which only has 16GB and no hard drive

May 18, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #6,468 of 6,622
I sure hope I can! If I can't and it turns out I need to reinstall Tidal and re-download all my music, I'm going to upgrade from the 512GB card I have in there now to a 1TB. That way I can set Tidal to download every single track, album, and playlist completely for offline. I'd use the 512GB in my new Nvidia shield which only has 16GB and no hard drive

Here even after reinstall I can't login still. Considering canceling my tidal subscription since it's useless now :/

May 18, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #6,469 of 6,622
Hey guys, I appear to be having the same Tidal issue... I was listening to music fine this morning and then it gave me an error that it couldn't play the next track. I thought maybe I lost the connection but I could still play Qobuz. I turned it off and back on again and now it's asking me to Log In. When I do that, it says:

"Login failed due to an unidentified network error. Please try again"

Is this the same error you guys are getting? I'd like to avoid reinstalling the Tidal app because I have 66 gigs of offline music saved

Incidentally, I can log in to Tidal from my iPhone and play stuff just fine

Thanks!

Adding @Joe Bloggs

I had to factory reset the R6 Pro and format my card to fix the "Next Track" issue.

May 19, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #6,470 of 6,622
Hey guys, I updated to the latest version of Tidal and I'm back up and running! Have you tried that from the Google Play screen? I had to type "Tidal" and search for it because I couldn't see an obvious way of seeing the apps I have installed. Once I hit update, it downloaded a 14 meg file, updated it, and then I opened the Tidal app and logged back in.

Hope that helps

May 19, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #6,471 of 6,622
Hey guys, I updated to the latest version of Tidal and I'm back up and running! Have you tried that from the Google Play screen? I had to type "Tidal" and search for it because I couldn't see an obvious way of seeing the apps I have installed. Once I hit update, it downloaded a 14 meg file, updated it, and then I opened the Tidal app and logged back in.

Hope that helps
Glad to hear you got Tidal back. Tidal was down for half a day on my M15 too, I didn't check to see if I got an automatic update via Google Play - I just thought it was a temporary problem with their servers feeding the Android App - I was able to login to Tidal on my PC aok while the app login was failing. It's working fine for me again.

"...I couldn't see an obvious way of seeing the apps I have installed"

When in the Google Play Store app you can click the top left "bars" to see options, select "My apps & games", you will see 3 tabs Updates, Installed, and Library - Installed shows what is installed on your device.

Library shows what you've installed on all devices - so you can selectively reinstall on this new device apps you have used before.

Updates will show recently installed updates, and updates not yet installed. You can then select the "circle-arrow" on the left to refresh the line described - to rescan your apps for problems, and to check for more updates.

The older Android's had more "problematic" Play Store apps and background services. I've gotten a few "Play store has stopped" or similar errors on the M15, but that's de rigueur for older versions of Android, just stop the app if the dialog let's you and let it restart then go on about your business. No need to reset the device or reinstall the app, but sometimes clearing the App Cache can help, I just ignore it and continue letting the app / service restart.

Have fun. :)

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #6,472 of 6,622
Glad to hear you got Tidal back. Tidal was down for half a day too on my M15 too, I didn't check to see if I got an automatic update via Google Play - I just thought it was a temporary problem with their servers feeding the Android App - I was able to login to Tidal on my PC aok while the app login was failing. It's working fine for me again.

"...I couldn't see an obvious way of seeing the apps I have installed"

When in the Google Play Store app you can click the top left "bars" to see options, select "My apps & games", you will see 3 tabs Updates, Installed, and Library - Installed shows what is installed on your device.

Library shows what you've installed on all devices - so you can selectively reinstall on this new device apps you have used before.

Updates will show recently installed updates, and updates not yet installed. You can then select the "circle-arrow" on the left to refresh the line described - to rescan your apps for problems, and to check for more updates.

The older Android's had more "problematic" Play Store apps and background services. I've gotten a few "Play store has stopped" or similar errors on the M15, but that's de rigueur for older versions of Android, just stop the app if the dialog let's you and let it restart then go on about your business. No need to reset the device, reinstall the app, but sometimes clearing the App Cache can help, I just ignore it and continue letting the app / service restart.

Have fun. :)
awesome info, thank you

May 25, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #6,476 of 6,622
The one dap I would buy but can't thanks to it having a camera (rules at work). Still at least I'm spared itunes so every cloud and all that.
Totally know what you mean about iTunes, I use Onkyo HF player app instead- absolutely brilliant. It also means that hi-Res FLAC files can be directly loaded to the iPod, thereby bypassing the Apple Music/iTunes restriction as the iTouch is very capable of playing these. Partnered with my Beyerdynamic Amiron wireless, my ears do not hear any reduction in quality from the flaky R6 at all. Shame about the camera for you though.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #6,477 of 6,622
So what daps did people move on to from the r6 or are you still happy with it?
I picked up an iFi xDSD recently after having the R6 Pro since last year. I got it mainly for the easy connection to my iPhone 7. the R6 seems to have a lot more power to drive my Audeze LCD-2's, however I do like how easy the iFi tells me the quality of the music. I also got it before MQA was added to the R6 in the last update

Jun 16, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #6,478 of 6,622
You will have to turn the volume of your R6 at full and then adjust the volume of your car's stereo according to preference.
Sadly, R6's line out function is not ''fixed'' output but adjustable like the headphone out.

Just quoting this post from ages ago... I'm considering buying an R6 but was surprised to see this. Does the R6 not have a "clean" line out that bypasses the internal amp?

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #6,479 of 6,622
Just quoting this post from ages ago... I'm considering buying an R6 but was surprised to see this. Does the R6 not have a "clean" line out that bypasses the internal amp?
The DAC has integrated volume control, this does not mean that the line out signal is being amplified, only that its volume is being controlled.

The headphone out signal *is* amplified, the line output signal is not. Its output level is being controlled by the DAC directly modifying its analog output gain.

Owing to user confusion regarding this point, many manufacturers choose to remove the volume control feature on their line outs.

We don't believe in removing features that can be useful to the user (e.g. line out to a sensitive amp that could use a lower input gain) for the sake of marketing.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 18, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #6,480 of 6,622
The DAC has integrated volume control, this does not mean that the line out signal is being amplified, only that its volume is being controlled.

The headphone out signal *is* amplified, the line output signal is not. Its output level is being controlled by the DAC directly modifying its analog output gain.

Owing to user confusion regarding this point, many manufacturers choose to remove the volume control feature on their line outs.

We don't believe in removing features that can be useful to the user (e.g. line out to a sensitive amp that could use a lower input gain) for the sake of marketing.

Thanks for the reply - it's good to have someone from Hiby responding.

I've read back over some of the prior discussions of this and I can see that people have been saying that there is audible distortion on the line out if the volume is turned too high. Is this likely to be accurate/ what would you recommend turning the line out volume to in order to avoid distortion?

I have ordered a basic R6 (not a Pro) which is currently arriving in the post.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back