HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 5, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #6,451 of 6,622
Updated my R6 this morning.

Firmware V1.86G
1.Added MQA support in HiBy Music app and systemwide MQA decoding (Highest level 8x unfold);
2.Updated the built-in HiBy Music app to 1.5.1 Professional Edition;
3.Added support for aptX and aptX HD at 48kHz;
4.Fixed a possible noise problem when playing music in a third-party app;
5.Various bug fixes.

Had to reset my R6 due to some static noise during playback on MQA on Tidal and Hiby Music app not showing the correct bitrate on the top right display.
After everything works fine.

Was really surprised that Hiby still remembers us R6 owners. Kudos to Hiby!

May 5, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #6,452 of 6,622
Updated my R6 this morning.

Firmware V1.86G
1.Added MQA support in HiBy Music app and systemwide MQA decoding (Highest level 8x unfold);
2.Updated the built-in HiBy Music app to 1.5.1 Professional Edition;
3.Added support for aptX and aptX HD at 48kHz;
4.Fixed a possible noise problem when playing music in a third-party app;
5.Various bug fixes.

Had to reset my R6 due to some static noise during playback on MQA on Tidal and Hiby Music app not showing the correct bitrate on the top right display.
After everything works fine.

Was really surprised that Hiby still remembers us R6 owners. Kudos to Hiby!
Hey did you do over the air update or do you have the firmware file? My over the air updates don't work. Thanks!

May 7, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #6,455 of 6,622
Mine was updated over the air. Is your unit the international or Chinese version? Maybe you can enquire from @Joe Bloggs for a copy of the latest firmware.
Hmm... I honestly don't know what version it is - I ordered it from their website. Joe was kind enough to put the firmware up on a cloud drive for me and MQA works awesome now

May 7, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #6,456 of 6,622
Here's the link that Joe gave me. In case you guys have not done this... Download the file onto a PC, then copy it over to the R6 using a USB 3 cable or whatever. I picked "Local Storage" for the location. Then in the System / Wireless Updates, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right of the green area of the screen, pick "Local Updates" and then select the file. No need to unzip it

Joe Bloggs said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-GVDszJnockfOEUD69nFcqdY0fV1vv/view?usp=sharing

May 7, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #6,457 of 6,622
Here's the link that Joe gave me. In case you guys have not done this... Download the file onto a PC, then copy it over to the R6 using a USB 3 cable or whatever. I picked "Local Storage" for the location. Then in the System / Wireless Updates, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right of the green area of the screen, pick "Local Updates" and then select the file. No need to unzip it

Joe Bloggs said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rO-GVDszJnockfOEUD69nFcqdY0fV1vv/view?usp=sharing
Did this as you instructed, thanks for the link to the update file, installed with no problems.

May 13, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #6,458 of 6,622
Anyone having issues with Tidal? I turned on my R6 the other day opened tidal and it froze. I closed it out but it wouldn't reopen so I deleted it and reinstalled but now it won't let me log in. I enter my email address and hit enter to continue but it won't do anything. Spotify works so im not sure if this is a tidal problem or an android/R6 problem.

Im running 1.41G and I've tried factory reset and all that but nothing works.

May 14, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #6,459 of 6,622
Anyone having issues with Tidal? I turned on my R6 the other day opened tidal and it froze. I closed it out but it wouldn't reopen so I deleted it and reinstalled but now it won't let me log in. I enter my email address and hit enter to continue but it won't do anything. Spotify works so im not
sure if this is a tidal problem or an android/R6 problem.

Im running 1.41G and I've tried factory reset and all that but nothing works.

I had this happen to me when I updated Tidal whilst still in the app.

The only solution was to delete the app and reinstall it. Lost al my offline content though

May 15, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #6,462 of 6,622
Not sure if this might help others, but had an issue earlier where the wireless update didn't show the latest available update.
Turns out that the wifi it was connected to had a weak signal, so moving the R6 closer to the router and getting a stronger signal got the wireless update to detect the new update.

May 15, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #6,463 of 6,622
Not sure if this might help others, but had an issue earlier where the wireless update didn't show the latest available update.
Turns out that the wifi it was connected to had a weak signal, so moving the R6 closer to the router and getting a stronger signal got the wireless update to detect the new update.

Thanks for that info! I had the same situation a couple days ago. The OTA update was indicating a much earlier version available than what was already installed on my R6. My R6 has the latest firmware side-loaded, but now I can be aware that a strong wi-fi signal will help the device to detect the very latest update.

May 18, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #6,464 of 6,622
Hey guys, I appear to be having the same Tidal issue... I was listening to music fine this morning and then it gave me an error that it couldn't play the next track. I thought maybe I lost the connection but I could still play Qobuz. I turned it off and back on again and now it's asking me to Log In. When I do that, it says:

"Login failed due to an unidentified network error. Please try again"

Is this the same error you guys are getting? I'd like to avoid reinstalling the Tidal app because I have 66 gigs of offline music saved

Incidentally, I can log in to Tidal from my iPhone and play stuff just fine

Thanks!

Adding @Joe Bloggs

May 18, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #6,465 of 6,622
Hey does anyone know if you need to still use Tidal v.2.11.3 so that Master tracks/albums download offline @ full MQA quality? I had sideloaded that version way back when I first got the R6 (after noticing that the downloaded music quality dropped...) but I thought maybe they (Tidal) might have fixed it by now. I have "auto updates" turned off on that app so it doesn't screw up my offline music :0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back