HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 7, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #5,866 of 6,622
folder in folder view..
for example I have folder on sd card.. inside 10 flac files and cue playlist. going file by file... uapp will give errore on file 10. but if I select cue list and select track 10 it will play fine. with native hiby player not problem with the same file.

Are they short tracks in length?

May 7, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #5,867 of 6,622
no.. just normal tracks. 3-5 min each

May 7, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #5,868 of 6,622
Welp, despite being in the leather case, the back of my R6 managed to crack. Fell off of the table I was working at (about 26"), along with my iDSD BL. I'm wondering if they use the same type of glass as the front screen, because that screen is still perfect.
MVIMG_20190507_165621.jpg

May 7, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #5,870 of 6,622
Please look out for a firmware update to be released this or next week, addressing Bluetooth issues.
Great, look forward and hopefully bluetooth issue will settle thereafter. Will test and report after update :D

May 7, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #5,871 of 6,622
Great, look forward and hopefully bluetooth issue will settle thereafter. Will test and report after update :D

I am also waiting for this fix as my bluetooth keeps on Disconnecting with Audeze Mobius.
Hope everything works the way it should after the update. Will report here as usual. Thanks @Joe Bloggs for keeping Us informed.

May 9, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #5,877 of 6,622
Hi All, very inexperienced Android user here so please be gentle. Mr R6 is running the latest Oreo and HiByMusic R6 International Professional Edition v1.3.5. My phone has the latest HiByMusic3.2.0 Build 7801 (installed today). However I just can't get the HiByLink to work at all. So my question, is the R6 installed app the latest version, as I also can't see a way to update it if not? Or does anyone have a clue as to what this old duffer might be missing?

May 9, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #5,878 of 6,622
Dear Shetlandrocks,

Your HiByMusic is up to date on your smartphone.

You can check whether the R6 is up to date by connecting to WiFi, then go to settings->System->Wireless Update and check for updates to your firmware. Repeat until it says you are on the latest update.

HiByLink with an iPhone should ideally be done over WiFi as the alternative (BLE bluetooth) is very slow (because of limitations of Bluetooth Low Energy).
And because the R6/R6pro do not have a BLE Bluetooth mode, WiFi is the only choice.

Note that HiByLink allows the Client to browse and play music on the Server. However music will be played through the SERVER, not the Client. Think of it as a sort of remote control.

i.e. music stored on one device shall still be played on that device.

2. To establish a successful HiByLink:
i. Set one of the two devices (usually the HiBy device) as the Server and the other as the Client. (the iPhone may only be the Client, so set the R6 as the Server.)
ii. Connect both devices to the same WiFi network or (for android phones only) turn on Bluetooth on both devices. You may need to stay in the android Bluetooth config screen of the server device to make it visible to searches by the Client.
iii. On the Client, find and tap on the bluetooth name of the Server (usually HiBy something-or-other)
iv. Approve the pairing on the Server device (usually the HiBy device).

Hope that helps,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 9, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #5,880 of 6,622
So:
1.) Is there a way to find artwork for an entire album instead of song-by-song with the find album artwork tool?
2.) Is it worth upgrading my se215 to 425/535 with this player? I'm using a balanced cable right now and plan to use it with 425/535 with the r6 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back