HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 1, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #5,851 of 6,628
Let me ask the tech staff for further opinion...
Hi Joe, any progress and solution pertaining to my previous query/issue. Please assist. Tq

May 2, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #5,852 of 6,628
Just ordered the miter case for this. Wish there were more case options. Would prefer one like the R6 Pro that's clear.

Anyone else having charging issues? Seems very particular about which USB C cables it likes.

Otherwise, I'm liking it more and more. Standard SE sounds great with my DT 1770.

May 2, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #5,853 of 6,628
Nothing like that. It works like a regular 2 pole 3.5mm
Same here. Using the newly released KZ ZS10 Pro with mic right now and it sounds great. Mic control does nothing though. BTW if anyone wants a great sounding budget iem KZ has knocked it out if the park with the ZS10 Pro. Just incredible sound. So similar to the Moondrop Kanas Pro it’s almost impossible to pick out in A/B listening. I ordered 3 more sets from Linsoul just to give to family and friends.

May 2, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #5,854 of 6,628
Can you link which ones you have?

May 2, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #5,855 of 6,628
Pics of my R6 in the Miter case. Much better than the crappy rubber one it comes with.
20190502_185452.jpg 20190502_185509.jpg 20190502_185526.jpg 20190502_185541.jpg 20190502_185549.jpg 20190502_185624.jpg

May 3, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #5,856 of 6,628
Hi. I'm still having trouble. I narrowed down the issue to isyncr synchronising to the SD Card. During diagnostics, I noticed some unusual behavior. When I take the microSD out, put it in an adapter and plug it into the SD card slot on my mac and it mounts, it only shows a LOST.DIR folder which is empty. Back in the R6 I see all the files. If I copy files to it on the mac those files cannot be seen on the R6. Is this typical?

Perhaps the SD card is faulty (it's a Sandisk Extreme 400GB), and if what I described above it's normal then either that is faulty or there is a problem with MTP on the device or a problem with the SD slot on the device.

Does anyone have a Hiby R6 and a Mac that can confirm what they see if they mount the SD card directly?

Soooo I am experiencing issues with losing tracks now, too. I'm using a brand-new-for-this-DAP Samsung 256gb card. Everything was there initially, now it's not. Some tracks ARE listed but just don't play and get skipped. Since 90% of my collection is CD rips from the same hardware/software, there is either a problem with the SD card or player (fixable bug or otherwise)

Other note: Android File Transfer on my Mac suddenly doesn't display anything after the letter P (my folders are set up alphabetically by artists --> album)

I'm actively transferring the contents of the card with an external card reader (which sees, plays everything when plugged into my mac) and will re-format it within the R6 Pro. Then my collection will get transferred back.

May 4, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #5,858 of 6,628
Hi Joe, any progress and solution pertaining to my previous query/issue. Please assist. Tq
Sorry they haven't got back to me about this. I guess I owe you to say at least this much :/

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 4, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #5,859 of 6,628
Sorry they haven't got back to me about this. I guess I owe you to say at least this much :/
Please tag or quote me if you have solution, currently I am using Hiby's USB DAC or coaxial output to external DAC to HIFI system.

May 7, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #5,860 of 6,628
Soooo I am experiencing issues with losing tracks now, too. I'm using a brand-new-for-this-DAP Samsung 256gb card. Everything was there initially, now it's not. Some tracks ARE listed but just don't play and get skipped. Since 90% of my collection is CD rips from the same hardware/software, there is either a problem with the SD card or player (fixable bug or otherwise)

Other note: Android File Transfer on my Mac suddenly doesn't display anything after the letter P (my folders are set up alphabetically by artists --> album)

I'm actively transferring the contents of the card with an external card reader (which sees, plays everything when plugged into my mac) and will re-format it within the R6 Pro. Then my collection will get transferred back.

I had the same problem as you and I'm pretty sure the problem is Android File Transfer. Files would disappear randomly and unpredictably, even after I replaced whole folders. Must be a mismatch between the file systems. Haven't had this problem since formatting the card in the R6 and only using a card reader to transfer files.

May 7, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #5,861 of 6,628
Please tag or quote me if you have solution, currently I am using Hiby's USB DAC or coaxial output to external DAC to HIFI system.
Please look out for a firmware update to be released this or next week, addressing Bluetooth issues.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 7, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #5,863 of 6,628
do anyone have an issue when the last file ack in the album folder not plays. but if you select it from the playlist is good. I have this few times in different folders. bery strange bug. Just wonder if it's just me.

May 7, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #5,864 of 6,628
do anyone have an issue when the last file ack in the album folder not plays. but if you select it from the playlist is good. I have this few times in different folders. bery strange bug. Just wonder if it's just me.
By album folder do you mean an album in the album view or a folder in the Folder view that happens to contain an album?

May 7, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #5,865 of 6,628
folder in folder view..
for example I have folder on sd card.. inside 10 flac files and cue playlist. going file by file... uapp will give errore on file 10. but if I select cue list and select track 10 it will play fine. with native hiby player not problem with the same file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back