HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 19, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #5,806 of 6,622
hi I have not listened to CA Orions, but CA Polaris and CA Andromeda.

I would say CA Polaris and R6 is quite well matching and sound more musical than CA Andromeda due to its sensitivity. I do not hear any hiss from R6 and Andro pairing, but the music presented is dull. I think CA Orions's sensitivity is in between the two, should be good too.

Yeah I have Novas not Orions. They are 22 ohms. So much higher then Andromeda or Orion.

So far it sounds like main differences between this and the Fiio is neutral vs warm.
In terms of detail and soundstage is R6 much better as I cant seem to get good price for my X5?
In terms of hardware I know R6 is much better.

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #5,808 of 6,622
Might sound better at fewer $$'s. Always a good incentive...

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #5,809 of 6,622
Anyone compared H6 to IFi idsd nano BL? I had it before and returned it because SQ was pretty much equal to ZX300, which is equal to H6, but now I'm wondering if that's the way to go. Have music in one place, bigger screen of phone, etc.

Anyone directly compare?

Thanks

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #5,810 of 6,622
Anyone compared H6 to IFi idsd nano BL? I had it before and returned it because SQ was pretty much equal to ZX300, which is equal to H6, but now I'm wondering if that's the way to go. Have music in one place, bigger screen of phone, etc.

Anyone directly compare?

Thanks

Good question. I’d be curious too, as I’ve never heard the nano. Love the micro, but nano is a device I’ve always been a little curious about.

Apr 21, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #5,811 of 6,622
So on a lark, I decided to see if I could get a visualizer working on this thing; and after downloading projectM and futzing with it for a bit, I couldn't even get it to recognize when I was actually playing music on the R6. The animations just sat there and did nothing.

Am I doing it wrong, or is this just not possible?

Apr 21, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #5,812 of 6,622
Hi Joe,

My R6 with OTA 1.12G update, and also follow the above instruction but I still encounter numerous Bluetooth close app , reconnect and disconnect when I paired with my Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter /receiver .

But strange when I connect R6 to Sony DAP WM1A (as Bluetooth receiver) both devices work flawlessly , WM1A is having Bluetooth 4.2 I think.

Does it means Bluetooth 5.0 problem ?
Guys or Hiby staffs , any solution ?

I need to turn off Bluetooth as it keeps pairing on/off Bluetooth 5.0 receiver/transmitter or I need to forget this device

Apr 21, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #5,813 of 6,622
hi I have not listened to CA Orions, but CA Polaris and CA Andromeda.

I would say CA Polaris and R6 is quite well matching and sound more musical than CA Andromeda due to its sensitivity. I do not hear any hiss from R6 and Andro pairing, but the music presented is dull. I think CA Orions's sensitivity is in between the two, should be good too.

Just bought the R6 2nd hand, pairing with my DM6. Since the DM6 sensitivity is also high, i don't know how it affect my SQ. I'm listening to them and i don't get noise or something, definitely an upgrade over my old DX120

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #5,814 of 6,622
So on a lark, I decided to see if I could get a visualizer working on this thing; and after downloading projectM and futzing with it for a bit, I couldn't even get it to recognize when I was actually playing music on the R6. The animations just sat there and did nothing.

Am I doing it wrong, or is this just not possible?

Direct Transport Audio means the whole Android audio stack (that the visualizer is listening on) is bypassed. "It's a feature, not a bug" actually applies here :ksc75smile:

Guys or Hiby staffs , any solution ?

I need to turn off Bluetooth as it keeps pairing on/off Bluetooth 5.0 receiver/transmitter or I need to forget this device

Let me ask the tech staff for further opinion...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 25, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #5,816 of 6,622
Hey guys,

Currently have the Hiby R6 and fairly happy with it, but Ive noticed my Note 9 sounds almost as good. Something in the soundstage maybe, like the note is a little wider. Idk. Just ordered a balanced cable. People swear by that balanced, so we will see if that makes a difference. I am wondering about R6 vs es100 vs Fiio q5 with phone combo. Anyone have all these?

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #5,817 of 6,622
Also curious what the next logical upgrade may be for a DAP. ... Don't say R6 Pro.

Apr 25, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #5,818 of 6,622
I doubt the balanced port will make big differences. It indeed provide double the output power and maybe a little bit upgrade on sound quality. Hmm i don't think the Note9 can touch the R6's sonic capabilities. What headphones you are using right now? Because i also have V20 and the R6 is superior in every way

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #5,819 of 6,622
Ordered a R6 last week to be delivered to Uk, DHL just hit me with a customs bill for £18 so not bad, Now to hunt for cases, screen protection, balanced cable, got two new Sd cards here to start filling up :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back