HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 3, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #4,681 of 6,628
Andriod auto seems to be a Google app. So whether this loads on Apple devices I am not sure. Perhaps you can check on the Apple store for it. R6 runs on Andriod 6 anyway.

As for SYNC 3 perhaps a Google search can yield more information.

Sorry if I cannot be of further help. Good luck.
Alternatively you can install the App onto the R6 and run it to your head amp. Find it on Google play store

Nov 4, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #4,682 of 6,628
Dasadab - have you considered buying one of the low profile USB memory sticks (like a SanDisk Cruzer or Ultra Fit) and put all your music files on that to use in your car? I did that with my 2017 Mustang and the sound quality is far superior to anything over BT, etc. They are also very affordable with 64gb for less than $20 and 128gb for around $30 or $35.

I use to carry my Cowon J3 in my car to play music via BT - no need to ever do that again.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
Tim

Nov 4, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #4,683 of 6,628
Andriod auto seems to be a Google app. So whether this loads on Apple devices I am not sure. Perhaps you can check on the Apple store for it. R6 runs on Andriod 6 anyway.

As for SYNC 3 perhaps a Google search can yield more information.

Sorry if I cannot be of further help. Good luck.

Great tips. Thank you!!

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #4,684 of 6,628
Just received an update on Hiby R6 PRO via Mainland China's channel saying the Stainless Steel version this time will be SS "PLATED" as supposed to be the SOLID SS like the 1st gen. I am a little disappointed about that since I have bought the SS the 1st time around.

The official broucher has also hinted the output impedance will be lower on the PRO, the actual figure has not been disclosed. Link to the info below.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/NV6f08Y-N0CBKyK31bwQ0A

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #4,686 of 6,628
Just received an update on Hiby R6 PRO via Mainland China's channel saying the Stainless Steel version this time will be SS "PLATED" as supposed to be the SOLID SS like the 1st gen. I am a little disappointed about that since I have bought the SS the 1st time around

I wonder if this is an error in translation where they are referring to a plating on the stainless steel rather than a stainless steel plating? It would seem pointless unless they were trying to reduce the weight of the device.

Edit: having done some further research it would seem that SS plating is not possible, so likely that it is a translation error. They are probably referring to the purple variant which will be plated to give it the colour.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #4,687 of 6,628
Just received an update on Hiby R6 PRO via Mainland China's channel saying the Stainless Steel version this time will be SS "PLATED" as supposed to be the SOLID SS like the 1st gen. I am a little disappointed about that since I have bought the SS the 1st time around.

The official broucher has also hinted the output impedance will be lower on the PRO, the actual figure has not been disclosed. Link to the info below.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/NV6f08Y-N0CBKyK31bwQ0A
Hello.
Know however that you'll then get a lighter device (the original SS is a brick, and some users here had their glass shattered after a moderate fall), and maybe better WiFi than with the original device :)

I wonder if this is an error in translation where they are referring to a plating on the stainless steel rather than a stainless steel plating? It would seem pointless unless they were trying to reduce the weight of the device.

Edit: having done some further research it would seem that SS plating is not possible, so likely that it is a translation error. They are probably referring to the purple variant which will be plated to give it the colour.

In that case (have you got a link from this search about SS plating ?) no worries for you...

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #4,688 of 6,628
In that case (have you got a link from this search about SS plating ?) no worries for you...

https://engineering.stackexchange.com/questions/2478/is-stainless-steel-plating-possible has a bunch of useful links but essentially "Electroplating stainless steel onto substrates is challenging specifically due to the required element chromium, which gives stainless steel its resistance to oxidative degradation... There does not appear to be a commercial entity selling this particular service as of yet".

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #4,690 of 6,628
It has also mentioned R6 Pro release is due late November this year.

was wondering what the main difference would be between r6 and r6 pro, did they design it so that it works better with sensitive iems

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #4,691 of 6,628
was wondering what the main difference would be between r6 and r6 pro, did they design it so that it works better with sensitive iems

They have moved from 2.5mm balanced to 4.4mm balanced, changed the amps out for muses8920 and replaced a couple of the other components (power regulator and crystal oscillator - please anyone correct me if I am wrong see edit below). This is supposed to give much higher output power (750mW + 750mW into 32 ohms over balanced) whilst also reducing the impedance (but we don't know the stats on this yet). It also comes with Android 8.1 out of the box with the R6 standard getting this as well via OTA.

Basically the only reason to "upgrade" would be if you need much higher power (for planars etc) or much lower output impedance (for sensitive IEMs). As I use SE846 and HD800 I will likely benefit from both these changes which is why I have held out for the Pro.

Edit: "low-ESR Panasonic capacitor and ELAN 's professional audio electrolytic capacitor are added to ensure the output capability of the power supply"

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #4,693 of 6,628
I wonder if anyone has a solution:

Setup:
USB permanently charges R6
Coax plays into Mutec MC3+ USB

My issue:
Everytime I turned on an appliance on the same power line, the spdif signal drops. Only after a long moment of silence, during which the signal is re-locked, the sound returns.

Attempted solutions:
Switching cables. Switching usb outlets, from compute to wall outlet to fast charger. No avail.

Prognosis:
The drop in current is transmitted to the R6 via the USB interface and that throws the internal operations off.

BTW, I have an identical setup with A&K sp1000, and it's rock solid.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions.

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #4,695 of 6,628
My back panel cracked, does anyone here know a good sin to cover it up?

I'm not interested in using a case.
Duct tape ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back