HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 28, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #3,481 of 6,627
Thats a software issue on your A

I dont get any stutter of end of track etc.
What SD card do you have?
Try placing one track onto the internal memory and see if it works correctly on that.

I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 256GB microSDXC UHS-I card formatted in my R6.
And, the stuttering occurs regardless of whether I'm using the card, or internal memory.

May 28, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #3,482 of 6,627
Anyone know how Hiby R6 combines with iBasso IT04 ?

Mike

May 28, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #3,483 of 6,627
I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 256GB microSDXC UHS-I card formatted in my R6.
And, the stuttering occurs regardless of whether I'm using the card, or internal memory.

Not sure whats going on there. I have had a samsung 256gb EVO and now a sandisk 400Gb and no stuttering.
Are you using bluetooth headphones? Tidal or any other streaming progs as Flac DSF MP3 all work fine here.
I dont use Streaming

May 28, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #3,484 of 6,627
Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #3,486 of 6,627
Hello paolo63, in settings->display you can change the system font size and if you go to settings in HiByMusic, it is also possible to change the font size to follow the system font size.

Hello Joe, thanks but this does not affect all visualizations. For example while charging the percentage of battery load remains the same and without glasses (yes I am that old) not readable.

May 29, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #3,487 of 6,627
Hello,

Today I have a problem with my r6.

It gets stuck on the loading screen I tried to go into recovery mode but it does the same thing gets stuck on the loading screen ( the one with hiby written in yellow)

Someone had this issue before ?

May 29, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #3,488 of 6,627
Hello,

Today I have a problem with my r6.

It gets stuck on the loading screen I tried to go into recovery mode but it does the same thing gets stuck on the loading screen ( the one with hiby written in yellow)

Someone had this issue before ?

Yes I've had it twice, constantly cycling the yellow hiby logo in a never ending loop. I went into fastboot 4 times (vol down i think on power on) each time selecting restart, i seem to have to do this 4 times before it boots normally. Really odd.

May 29, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #3,489 of 6,627
Not sure whats going on there. I have had a samsung 256gb EVO and now a sandisk 400Gb and no stuttering.
Are you using bluetooth headphones? Tidal or any other streaming progs as Flac DSF MP3 all work fine here.
I dont use Streaming

Wired headphones/IEMs always, never Bluetooth... and only music that I've converted to FLAC and stored onboard either internally or on the SD card.

I'm more and more suspecting that has something to do with Crossfade settings that I've somehow mucked up.

May 29, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #3,491 of 6,627
So is this problem only for a particular App?

Nope, it isn't App, Platform, or device specific.

It started a while back, I had downloaded the Hiby app for my iPhone and was using that when it started. I couldn't fix it so just got used to it. When the R6 came out I was hoping that would be different but no luck, it was still there using that Hiby app. So, I then began trying other apps (Neutron and PowerAmp) but still couldn't get rid of it.

I'm wondering if it might have something to do the conversion from a Spotify MP3 file to FLAC using Tuneskit Spotify Converter so I'm trying an album of FLAC music purchased as is and downloaded in that original format to see if the same thing happens. The tracks are much longer so my testing is taking a while.

Update: So far, using a native FLAC file I haven't been able to reproduce the stuttering... So, I'm still trying every setting I can think of to make sure that's the solution... And, saving my pennies now to start buying native FLAC..

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #3,492 of 6,627
Nope, it isn't App, Platform, or device specific.

It started a while back, I had downloaded the Hiby app for my iPhone and was using that when it started. I couldn't fix it so just got used to it. When the R6 came out I was hoping that would be different but no luck, it was still there using that Hiby app. So, I then began trying other apps (Neutron and PowerAmp) but still couldn't get rid of it.

I'm wondering if it might have something to do the conversion from a Spotify MP3 file to FLAC using Tuneskit Spotify Converter so I'm trying an album of FLAC music purchased as is and downloaded in that original format to see if the same thing happens. The tracks are much longer so my testing is taking a while.

Update: So far, using a native FLAC file I haven't been able to reproduce the stuttering... So, I'm still trying every setting I can think of to make sure that's the solution... And, saving my pennies now to start buying native FLAC..

The first thing I want to point out is. There is no point converting MP3 to FLAC. Your not going to improve it. Its MP3 quality and will stay that way.

I think its your file conversion thats the problem. Not the App's or hardware.

if you have the original MP3 files stick with them. They should play OK. Dont convert.

May 29, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #3,493 of 6,627
The first thing I want to point out is. There is no point converting MP3 to FLAC. Your not going to improve it. Its MP3 quality and will stay that way.

I think its your file conversion thats the problem. Not the App's or hardware.

if you have the original MP3 files stick with them. They should play OK. Dont convert.

I agree that the problem lies in the conversion.

I did wonder if converting them made them sound better. (Disclaimer: while I've always sought the best sound reproduction for my music, I'm new at this aspect of it) My reason for getting the R6 was to be able to play lossless format, thinking it would sound better than MP3. I wanted better than OK, which I was getting streaming to my iPhone and then playing through a FiiO PHA.

So now I'm presuming the only way to use my R6 to full advantage is to play files that are originally formatted as lossless?

And thank you for taking the time to help me.

May 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #3,495 of 6,627
I agree that the problem lies in the conversion.

I did wonder if converting them made them sound better. (Disclaimer: while I've always sought the best sound reproduction for my music, I'm new at this aspect of it) My reason for getting the R6 was to be able to play lossless format, thinking it would sound better than MP3. I wanted better than OK, which I was getting streaming to my iPhone and then playing through a FiiO PHA.

So now I'm presuming the only way to use my R6 to full advantage is to play files that are originally formatted as lossless?

And thank you for taking the time to help me.

I will explain a bit, since you seem new to file types... (Everyone with more experience can ignore, or correct me)..

MP3 is a "lossy" format. Meaning that the original music is compressed and some of the detail is "lost" ! However It has been reported around 90% of people in "blind" testing can't tell Mp3 @ 320KBPS, from CD Quality that is 16/44.1 So IF your MP3's are 320 Kbps quality. they should sound very good on a player. As you drop to 256kbps, and surely at lower sampling rates than that, you will hear loss of details. (Same is true of ANY lossy format, like ACC.) It is possible to have mp3 even at 320kbps NOT sound great, IF it was encoded using a poor quality or older encoding software.

- When you convert a Lossy format like MP3 to FLAC or WAV, the quality will not change. It will not get better. What was lost, does not reappear when you convert to "lossless" format.

- If you convert original music from CD (or higher resolution source) to a Lossless format (Like Flac), you will not lose any of the music's original quality. And you can convert from one lossless format to another, with almost zero loss in quality.

- IF you try to convert an MP3 to an ACC, or any "Lossy to Lossy" file conversion, you will lose a little more quality with each conversion. Not that you'd continue doing this, but after several lossy to lossy conversions, the music will sound realy bad. It is not recommended to do lossy to lossy conversion because of this.

- I will not try to get into whether PCM, DSD, 24/196 files sound better than CD Quality at 16/44.1... But will say that I have some CD's that were recorded very well and sound fantastic. Sometimes a remastering of an album can sound better than the original. Sometimes not... Usually we hope that when someone sells "High-Res" music, that they have made a Great recording, or have Remastered to Improve the sound. Saddly, this is not always the case.
High-Res only guarantees that the music you hear, is closer to the original recording. A bad recording will still sound bad at higher bit rates... But a Good recording can sound great !

Hope that helps you some,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back