HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 27, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #3,452 of 6,622
Hello Vitaly,

There are options to enable bitperfect systemwide for headphone out, line out and coaxial digital out.

There is also option to enable bitperfect in HiByMusic the bundled app for USB output.

But right now bitperfect does not extend systemwide for USB output.

So the options right now for getting bitperfect systemwide (e.g. with the stock TIDAL app) from the R6 right now lie with a line output (via the dual onboard ES9028Q2M DACs to an external analog amp) or the coaxial digital out.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Joe

Hello Joe or other who may help,

If I correctly understand coaxial digital out (3,5 mm) should be the choice to use R6 as transport to connect to digital in of external dac. In my specific case I would like to connect the R6 to my Moon 650D. For this I would need a cable with 3.5 mm Plug on one side and RCA (cinch) on the other. Question: is this correct and If yes, has the cable to a 75 Ohm one? Thank yo for your attention

May 27, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #3,453 of 6,622
Hello Vitaly,

There are options to enable bitperfect systemwide for headphone out, line out and coaxial digital out.

There is also option to enable bitperfect in HiByMusic the bundled app for USB output.

But right now bitperfect does not extend systemwide for USB output.

So the options right now for getting bitperfect systemwide (e.g. with the stock TIDAL app) from the R6 right now lie with a line output (via the dual onboard ES9028Q2M DACs to an external analog amp) or the coaxial digital out.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Joe

Hmmm this is a bit sad really hoped for that spotify or tidal bitperfect via usb out. I know hiby app is really strong in that regard on my v30 it fixed the pops and crackles I could experience.

May 27, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #3,455 of 6,622
Given that I'm preferring the Neutron player to the Hiby, can anyone explain why, during playback in pretty much all settings, the end of the song gets clipped and that small portion plays again before the next song starts.

Having started with the Hiby app for iOS I noticed it there but couldn't figure out what it was or how to fix it. Saw it again on the Hiby app with my R6 so realized it wasn't platform specific and that there must be a way to fix it. When I started using Neutron it wasn't present but as I started tinkering with settings all of a sudden it started happening again.

I tried posting to the Neutron forum but haven't gotten a response yet.

May 27, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #3,456 of 6,622
Given that I'm preferring the Neutron player to the Hiby, can anyone explain why, during playback in pretty much all settings, the end of the song gets clipped and that small portion plays again before the next song starts.

Having started with the Hiby app for iOS I noticed it there but couldn't figure out what it was or how to fix it. Saw it again on the Hiby app with my R6 so realized it wasn't platform specific and that there must be a way to fix it. When I started using Neutron it wasn't present but as I started tinkering with settings all of a sudden it started happening again.

I tried posting to the Neutron forum but haven't gotten a response yet.

Have you enabled gapless playback?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 27, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #3,457 of 6,622
Hello Joe or other who may help,

If I correctly understand coaxial digital out (3,5 mm) should be the choice to use R6 as transport to connect to digital in of external dac. In my specific case I would like to connect the R6 to my Moon 650D. For this I would need a cable with 3.5 mm Plug on one side and RCA (cinch) on the other. Question: is this correct and If yes, has the cable to a 75 Ohm one? Thank yo for your attention

Yes. The included spdif cable is exactly what you need.

May 27, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #3,459 of 6,622
Yes. The included spdif cable is exactly what you need.

Eagle Wings, thanks a lot!!!!
Was pretty much shure both ends would have 3,5 mm termination. Next time I will more carefully check the content! Thanks again

May 27, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #3,460 of 6,622
Joe,

With next update is it possible to have bigger fonts, i.e. while charging I am not able to read the percentage and others

May 27, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #3,461 of 6,622
The SE output on this DAP is simply stellar. No other DAP I've tried can handle the HD650 like the R6. High or low gain, it doesn't even matter.

May 27, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #3,462 of 6,622
Mentioned this in Hiby FB group and figured to drop a line here as well, since I received a number of questions in the last few weeks, asking about pair up of R6 with various IEMs/headphones and the effect of direct connection vs iEMatch (due to output impedance). I did cover pair up with 20 different headphones in my R6 review a few months ago, on the last page of the review HERE.

May 27, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #3,464 of 6,622
May 27, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #3,465 of 6,622
Regarding charging. Are there any do's or don't I need to worry about? It's nice finally having a USB-C connector so would like to simply use my macbook pro charger but don't want to over do it....

Probably not a good idea to use the MacBook charger. It outputs a higher voltage than 5V, which is not good for R6's battery. Best to use a 5V/2A or a 5V/1A charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back