HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 27, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #3,466 of 6,622
Joe,

With next update is it possible to have bigger fonts, i.e. while charging I am not able to read the percentage and others

Hello paolo63, in settings->display you can change the system font size and if you go to settings in HiByMusic, it is also possible to change the font size to follow the system font size.

Probably not a good idea to use the MacBook charger. It outputs a higher voltage than 5V, which is not good for R6's battery. Best to use a 5V/2A or a 5V/1A charger.

If the macbook charger is QC3 compatible it will be fine.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 27, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #3,467 of 6,622
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 27, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #3,468 of 6,622
Mentioned this in Hiby FB group and figured to drop a line here as well, since I received a number of questions in the last few weeks, asking about pair up of R6 with various IEMs/headphones and the effect of direct connection vs iEMatch (due to output impedance). I did cover pair up with 20 different headphones in my R6 review a few months ago, on the last page of the review HERE.
excellent. I've had mixed results like yourself. Id love to hear your thoughts on audeze isine20 if you've got em. This is the one I can't quite figure out myself what is going on. I feel like there is greater control in the bass with iematch but they're hard too hard to drive with IEmatch.

In general I feel like you're overworking the amp to much, so unless you have extremely sensitive headphones like adromedas, the iematch might do more harm than good.

May 27, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #3,469 of 6,622
excellent. I've had mixed results like yourself. Id love to hear your thoughts on audeze isine20 if you've got em. This is the one I can't quite figure out myself what is going on. I feel like there is greater control in the bass with iematch but they're hard too hard to drive with IEmatch.

In general I feel like you're overworking the amp to much, so unless you have extremely sensitive headphones like adromedas, the iematch might do more harm than good.

Output Impedance influences the damping factor. With a slight high OI like 10 Ohm on the R6, the damping factor is slightly low. Because of this, bass can get a smidge loose on the iSine 20. But just a smidge. Given that the iSine 20 and the i4 are planar magnetics, which are pure resistive loads, they don't get affected much by 10 Ohm OI. It is possible that some might not prefer even that slight loss of damping. In which case, you could try using a portable amp in between the i20 and R6.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #3,470 of 6,622
Output Impedance influences the damping factor. With a slight high OI like 10 Ohm on the R6, the damping factor is slightly low. Because of this, bass can be just a smidge loose. But just a smidge. Especially, given that the iSine 20 and the i4 are planar magnetics, which are pure resistive loads, they don't get affected much by 10 Ohm OI. It is possible that some might not prefer even that slight loss of damping. In which case, you could try using a portable amp in between the i20 and R6.

It can also have a tremendous effect on the actual frequency response of the connected headphones/iems, sometimes by up to 10dB+ in various frequency ranges.
Screenshot_20180528-080821.png

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #3,471 of 6,622
I should have been a bit more careful with my wording by adding 'except the multi-BA IEMs and dynamic headphones'.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #3,474 of 6,622
Seems quite a few people are having issues with MTP transfer on the Mac. What can I say... I have the same kind of issues but with both the R6 and my smartphone and on a new Win10 PC to boot :frowning2:

I've found WiFi File Transfer by androidder to be a good workaround in most cases. Connect your R6 to the same WiFi as your computer, turn it on, and instant FTP access to your R6. Very reliable from reports so far, if limited by your WiFi connection speed.

Hi Joe,

i tried the WIFI file transfer function, however it only can transfer the file to internal memory but not my SD card which set as External Memory

May 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #3,475 of 6,622
Hi
If anybody is interested I have my r6 for sale in the selling forum.

May 28, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #3,476 of 6,622
There are options to enable bitperfect systemwide for headphone out, line out and coaxial digital out.
I do not understand this comment. Do I need to adjust a setting to "enable" bitperfect when using Tidal via headphones or coaxial line out? I had assumed the Tidal app would automatically produce a bit perfect signal. I understand bit perfect via USB is not an option at the moment...

Also, is system wide DSP/EQ (specifically for Tidal) definitely a feature that will be offered in the future? If so, what's the estimated time frame?

May 28, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #3,477 of 6,622
I do not understand this comment. Do I need to adjust a setting to "enable" bitperfect when using Tidal via headphones or coaxial line out? I had assumed the Tidal app would automatically produce a bit perfect signal. I understand bit perfect via USB is not an option at the moment...

Also, is system wide DSP/EQ (specifically for Tidal) definitely a feature that will be offered in the future? If so, what's the estimated time frame?

Never mind, I thought you were asking about bit-perfect. Just understood your question.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #3,478 of 6,622
Have you enabled gapless playback?

Off hand 'Gapless' isn't an option in Neutron, at least that I can see. There is 'Fader' which I'm presuming is the same, however, turning it off worked for a while, then when I changed the album selection, the problem was back.

I also downloaded PowerAmp Music, which does have a specific Gapless option. However, I'm still getting that either beginning of the next track or edge of the last played track, 'stutter'.

May 28, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #3,479 of 6,622
Dear dzlvs8,

As long as you do not do a factory reset, the Chinese version should perform similarly to the international version after installing google on it per the link given. Google Play would survive updates (but not factory resets). The difference lies mostly in the fact that Indiegogo units were officially given international warranty while the Chinese retailer officially takes responsibility of the units they sold. Well, if that doesn't work, drop us an email :p

Curiously, I never read or saw ANY MENTION WHATSOEVER of the Specific or OFFICIAL WARRANTY TERMS. This includes on the original Indiegogo Campaign Page, in this thread, or on the HiBy web site's R6 product page. Hmmm?

Joseph Yeung, a.k.a. "Joe Bloggs", what Exactly are the TERMS of the INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY for the Hiby R6 units procured via the Indiegogo campaign???

Where can I find this Warranty Information???

Again, I did not see any Official posting regarding a WARRANTY of any kind on the Indiegogo campaign page or on HiBy's own R6 Product Page....

https://www.hiby.com/cpcc/index_49.aspx

If I want to sell my Brand New, Unopened/Sealed HiBy R6 DAP, is the Warranty Transferable to the new owner???

How will Warranty Support and/or Repairs/Replacement be handled for the Indiegogo backers of the R6?

TIA!

bbfoto

EDIT: Can anyone here who has an Indiegogo/International R6 DAP please post a Clear Photo of the Warranty Card that is included inside the box for the R6?

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #3,480 of 6,622
Hi Joe,

i tried the WIFI file transfer function, however it only can transfer the file to internal memory but not my SD card which set as External Memory

Thats a software issue on your A
Off hand 'Gapless' isn't an option in Neutron, at least that I can see. There is 'Fader' which I'm presuming is the same, however, turning it off worked for a while, then when I changed the album selection, the problem was back.

I also downloaded PowerAmp Music, which does have a specific Gapless option. However, I'm still getting that either beginning of the next track or edge of the last played track, 'stutter'.

I dont get any stutter of end of track etc.
What SD card do you have?
Try placing one track onto the internal memory and see if it works correctly on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back