HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,746 of 6,628
What's your order number and model?

False alarm. It was my Aune X7S that was delivered. Never thought I'd be disappointed to receive it, but this is the nature of my excitement to take delivery of the R6. Back to the waiting game.

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #2,748 of 6,628
I'm very happy with my R6, but the Hiby app is missing some essential features, especially playlist/searching related (usability). Since it promises the same audio quality with every app, I installed Shuttle+, my favorite Android audio player. However, the app can't seem to create a library, read any of the tracks or even play a track directly from the folder?

Anyone else got Shuttle working correctly?

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #2,749 of 6,628
I tried a few and ended up liking BlackPlayer the most.

I gave up on Pulsar, Phonograph and Shuttle because I couldn't figure out how to get them to read the folders on the SD card.
VLC was able to find the SD card and showed artwork correctly but couldn't load the m3u playlists.
Poweramp and BlackPlayer could find the SD card, show artwork and load playlists (the import individual playlist function in BlackPlayer didn't work for me, but it was able to import them fine as part of the library music scan).
Between those 2 BlackPlayer has a more modern interface and has a decent free version (Poweramp is pay only). Tons of tweaking in the Settings. Can manually search and select missing artwork and gives option to embed in files or just place jpg in folder.
There's a paid version which unlocks even more customization settings.
Didn't try neutron or foobar2000

It should, that's the point of the DTA technology. :)
Seems I'm not the only one unfortunately :frowning2:
@Joe Bloggs Shuttle doesn't work.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #2,751 of 6,628
@okthxbye I don't think HIby cares too much about updating the app anytime soon, guess they are too busy making money off the R3? They need to understand that the app and hardware is a complete experience. Right now the hardware is great but the app needs real attention. Last I heard from @Joe Bloggs was "I hope" not "we will". The Facebook page is littered with the same (album art) complaints with zero response from the Hiby team..so yeah.

Maybe an update by Christmas? lol

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #2,752 of 6,628
It should, that's the point of the DTA technology. :)
@okthxbye I don't think HIby cares too much about updating the app anytime soon, guess they are too busy making money off the R3? They need to understand that the app and hardware is a complete experience. Right now the hardware is great but the app needs real attention. Last I heard from @Joe Bloggs was "I hope" not "we will". The Facebook page is littered with the same (album art) complaints with zero response from the Hiby team..so yeah.

Maybe an update by Christmas? lol
I received my R6 last week and have no issues with album art at all. I have no embedded album art and include a high resolution .jpg/.png as "cover.jpg" or "cover.png" in the album folder.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #2,754 of 6,628
Anybody else getting an issue where switching between another album or format will lose the MSEB audio settings?
I (most of the time) have to navigate back in to the MSEB section where it activates once again. MSEB doesn't seem to want to stick.

Is there a way to keep it locked in?

I notice it mostly when switching from FLAC to MP3 or vice versa.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #2,756 of 6,628
Anybody else getting an issue where switching between another album or format will lose the MSEB audio settings?
I (most of the time) have to navigate back in to the MSEB section where it activates once again. MSEB doesn't seem to want to stick.

Is there a way to keep it locked in?

I notice it mostly when switching from FLAC to MP3 or vice versa.

Theres a Youtube review where they mention the audio settings change when changing to DSD and back.
You can save the audio settings in profiles. Not the best way but a work around.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #2,757 of 6,628
Look what was here for me when I got to work today. So much for the waiting game. :sunglasses:

DSC_0506.JPG

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #2,758 of 6,628
One more.. This DAP is beautiful.

DSC_0507.JPG

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #2,759 of 6,628
Well as predicted, mine didn't get here before the weekend. According to tracking it's at London Stansted. Guess that means Monday or Tuesday for delivery.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #2,760 of 6,628
Album art is working.

DSC_0509.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back