HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 25, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #2,716 of 6,628
Thanks, Bbfoto. I gave that a try. I put all the files of a complete album onto the root dir on the sdcard and it did play the files in the correct track order.

I then placed the same files in just one sub-folder within the Root directory as you suggested and it went back to listing/playing the tracks in alphabetical order.

ok... I brought up the folder I been using for testing in mp3tag and placed a track number in front of the song titles in the TITLE category and tried again. It does look like the app is using the TITLE category instead of the FILENAME for sorting purposes as it it now lists all the songs with the track number in front as prior to the change it just listed the song title. Now the album does play in track order and not alphabetically.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #2,717 of 6,628
ok. I have no idea how this app sorts. I been going through various albums and some play the tracks properly in track order while some of the albums are played alphabetically. I guess it is just going to be one of those issues I will just have to live with. :)

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #2,718 of 6,628
Thanks, Bbfoto. I gave that a try. I put all the files of a complete album onto the root dir on the sdcard and it did play the files in the correct track order.

I then placed the same files in just one sub-folder within the Root directory as you suggested and it went back to listing/playing the tracks in alphabetical order.

ok... I brought up the folder I been using for testing in mp3tag and placed a track number in front of the song titles in the TITLE category and tried again. It does look like the app is using the TITLE category instead of the FILENAME for sorting purposes as it is now lists all the songs with the track number in front as prior to the change it just listed the song title. Now the album does play in track order and not alphabetically.

ok. I have no idea how this app sorts. I been going through various albums and some play the tracks properly in track order while some of the albums are played alphabetically. I guess it is just going to be one of those issues I will just have to live with. :)

Arrrgh! So frustrating! :triportsad:

Thanks for doing all of the testing and for posting all of your results! This information might help Hiby sort out the problems. C'MON Hiby!

Regarding the random playback order of certain album tracks, are the ones that do work correctly a particular file format such as FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, MP3, AAC, DSD, etc??? Or does it not seem to matter?

You might also try the previous test using only the R6's Internal Storage.

Oh, any news in regards to Gapless Playback or the displaying of Album Art?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #2,720 of 6,628
Before I get over excited. Am I right in what I've read. All r6 orders are being dispatched this week?

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #2,721 of 6,628
Before I get over excited. Am I right in what I've read. All r6 orders are being dispatched this week?

No, not ALL orders unfortunately. Only up to the Order #'s that were listed for each version (stainless steel, black aluminum, and gray aluminum). Go back and read the post again.

It is quite a large number though.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #2,722 of 6,628
I don't like this case from MITER, I'm not shure this is good idea - no holes for buttons.

It's usually not a good idea with cases where you can't "feel" the covered buttons. Here, you still have a tactile response and buttons shape is imprinted so you can feel it blind, just by sliding a finger. Of course, a matter of personal preference, especially if you do or don't want kickstand since it makes case a little thicker. Plus, less holes to collect dust when in your pocket :wink:

Apr 25, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #2,723 of 6,628
Chris @Hawaiibadboy already shared the news and the pictures of the upcoming MITER case for R6. I also got an opportunity to test one recently, and MITER was kind enough to even stamp Tw6 on the back panel. So, here is a mini review, actually more like a micro-review...

MITER cases are well known for their signature magnetic kickstand, as well as quality soft leather and secure fit. Kickstand is great when watching movies or videos, maybe even when listening to music with wireless headphones. The problem is that many DAPs don't have an adequate hardware to support smooth playback of movies/videos like you would expect on your smartphone. Hiby R6, with its powerful Snapdragon processor and 3GB of RAM, is actually perfect for that and kickstand addition is a welcome enhancement.

The case I received for testing is their prototype, with a final product to be available soon (actually, already available HERE). As expected, the leather material is soft and smooth, the construction is durable and lightweight. The DAP gets inserted from the top, where the case is fully open. The left side has covered Volume buttons with an imprinted +/- which is easy to ID by swiping a finger. The right side has power button open, for a clear view of LED light, and the Playback (play/pause and skip) buttons are covered with corresponding imprint of functionality symbol. Again, buttons are easy to feel by sliding your finger. The bottom has a generous usb-c port opening to accommodate different cables.

In comparison to an optional stock Hiby leather case, MITER case has a rounded sides with a more comfortable and secure grip. The kickstand panel on the back does add to the thickness, about 2mm. Though magnetic flap of the kickstand opens up to keep R6 in portrait orientation at about 45deg, you can also rotate R6 to view in landscape without a problem.

Unboxing.

Design.

Comparison to Hiby leather case.

The fit with R6.

Thanks for this. Any idea if Dignis might have a case in their plans for R6?

Apr 25, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #2,724 of 6,628
Thanks for this. Any idea if Dignis might have a case in their plans for R6?

I would have loved to see Dignis R6 case as well, but they have been very picky about cases lately, and focus on collaborations or exclusive designs. Don't think they have any plans for R6, but I will ask them again.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,726 of 6,628
Omg its finally coming. i cant wait to throw this ipod in the trash. How do u order the miter case website for me is all in chinese. O ya this is my first post, ive read through this whole thread super excited for the Hiby r6

Did you get an email from IGG or Hiby? I'm anxiously awaiting any kind of notification. Was your order aluminum or stainless steel? Order number? Or are you going by the previous announcement from Joe and haven't received an email yet?

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #2,730 of 6,628
My R6 should be arriving tomorrow. Received notification this morn. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back