HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 27, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #2,762 of 6,628
Not sure, but here's the relevant info.
DSC_0510.JPG

I'm not even using the Hiby app. Just posted to let peeps know I got it working. I've been dying to get Neutron working on an Android DAP with bit perfect playback. That has been achieved.

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #2,763 of 6,628
Hmm.. thinking now that the Hiby app may present the sound more cohesively. I've got MSEB and EQ enabled. There was a hair of, to me, what I would consider glare, that has been removed. MSEB is amazing and really works, my goodness. Maybe I'll upload my settings when I get more time. Still at work.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #2,764 of 6,628
Hmm.. thinking now that the Hiby app may present the sound more cohesively. I've got MSEB and EQ enabled. There was a hair of, to me, what I would consider glare, that has been removed. MSEB is amazing and really works, my goodness. Maybe I'll upload my settings when I get more time. Still at work.
Just let R6 burn in for a day, as it sounded to me much better after playing it for approx 12 hours, of course m8 ball makes it amazing, as with out it in the begining it sounded too analytical, but later just great, just want to listen to more songs.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #2,765 of 6,628
Just let R6 burn in for a day, as it sounded to me much better after playing it for approx 12 hours, of course m8 ball makes it amazing, as with out it in the begining it sounded too analytical, but later just great, just want to listen to more songs.

This is good to know.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #2,766 of 6,628
This is good to know.

And if you say to yourself, "But dude, it's literally physically impossible for the solid state components in a DAP to 'burn-in,'" then get out of here. "Facts," and "Reason," and "Logic" are not welcome in audiophilia!

:beyersmile:

It's cool though, just try testing it blind, realize that you're probably tricking yourself, and you'll be ecstatic with your very cool, high tech, Android player that can handle any format with bit-perfect sound. As long as you're not in to low impedance IEMs, of course.

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #2,767 of 6,628
Trust me, if i would not be listening to it more than 2-3 hours and did not adjust m8bal, with meze 99c, i was already 80 percent thinking to sell it, but i'm glad i just left it playing for longer time and later was amazed how good it sounds, ok maybe it it is my ears get used to sound. So first test when received R6 and jumped from E17 it was analitical, test after week jumping from E17 to R6 there was no such impression regarding analitical sound, ofcourse m8bal helped here so much, that this player can be tweaked by each person taste! And i never was a fan of equalizers but m8bal just did everyrhing so easy and right for me, that it is just great!

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #2,768 of 6,628
MSEB is the other main reason I got this DAP. It is absolutely wonderful!

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #2,769 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs
or if anyone else can answer these questions....

1. I just received an update to the firmware on my R6 but I'm still having trouble trying to get Hibylink working. Should it be working yet, and will it ever? I need hibylink.

2. Can anyone describe how to use the two way bluetooth feature? I cant figure out how it works. No instruction manual or anything to point me in the right direction.

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #2,770 of 6,628
Another day, still no word on my stainless ordered Feb 1.

Apr 27, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #2,772 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs
or if anyone else can answer these questions....

1. I just received an update to the firmware on my R6 but I'm still having trouble trying to get Hibylink working. Should it be working yet, and will it ever? I need hibylink.

2. Can anyone describe how to use the two way bluetooth feature? I cant figure out how it works. No instruction manual or anything to point me in the right direction.
If you search, you’ll find Joe’s reply to me on this question. In short, they’re working on it. Complicated by the fact that the R6 itself is an Android device.

Apr 27, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #2,775 of 6,628
My order just showed up with no tracking info sent prior. Only update I got was the one from Joe Bloggs posted to this forum thread about a week ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back