HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 28, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #2,793 of 6,628
Ive seen Fed EX mentioned on this thread a while back and the pos that duty/tax may be added.
The first bunch went through with standard post and they got away with the extra cost.

looks like we may be hit by more expense.....
Thanks for the info! I guess it’s back to waiting now... :frowning2:

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 28, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #2,799 of 6,628
Can anyone tell me that where can place the order now? I missed the crowdfunding.

You can preorder from places like musicteck.com, which is located in NJ, according to their website. Mentioned that specifically, due to your location.

You can also hunt the sale forums here, too.

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #2,801 of 6,628
I'm very disappointed with the fact that this player was sold advertising seemless tidal playback and months later it still takes between 30 seconds to a full minute for a song start playing once selected. I'm an early backer of both R6 and R3 and to be honest I'm regretting my support of the R6 not only because of the issue above but also because it seems that Hiby's customer support for the player has become more and more unresponsive over time.

At any rate, I think that the tidal issue should be outlined in the initial post and on advertising materials to notify potential buyers of the serious issue that seems to be permanent.

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #2,802 of 6,628
I'm very disappointed with the fact that this player was sold advertising seemless tidal playback and months later it still takes between 30 seconds to a full minute for a song start playing once selected. I'm an early backer of both R6 and R3 and to be honest I'm regretting my support of the R6 not only because of the issue above but also because it seems that Hiby's customer support for the player has become more and more unresponsive over time.

At any rate, I think that the tidal issue should be outlined in the initial post and on advertising materials to notify potential buyers of the serious issue that seems to be permanent.
I use R6 with Tidal and there is no such problem as delays, maybe sometimes few seconds but i use 5ghz wifi not 2.4 ghz, normally what i iee that people have these problems may cause due a lot of factors, this i was afraid as well, even in my bedroom 5ghz is jus just on edge as router sits more than 3 meters on other room, but i did not face f problem, sometimes if wifi struggles it steuggles and with mobile phone. So you can try your R6 in other place, but sometimes Tidal by it self not plays songs as i stream from my mobile by bubble upnp in main stereo system.

Apr 28, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #2,803 of 6,628
Don't get too hung up over Tidal guys. They'll be out of business soon anyway.

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #2,804 of 6,628
I use R6 with Tidal and there is no such problem as delays, maybe sometimes few seconds but i use 5ghz wifi not 2.4 ghz, normally what i iee that people have these problems may cause due a lot of factors, this i was afraid as well, even in my bedroom 5ghz is jus just on edge as router sits more than 3 meters on other room, but i did not face f problem, sometimes if wifi struggles it steuggles and with mobile phone. So you can try your R6 in other place, but sometimes Tidal by it self not plays songs as i stream from my mobile by bubble upnp in main stereo system.
Valid points, all considered when I received the player. I have tried it in various network environments and the issue persists. This is a common issue with the R6 and it was confirmed by Hiby and discussed multiple times in this thread. It's unclear whether this affects most or just some of the players but I am still bummed out about it as my other android players and phone have no such problem but are not "bit perfect"

Signal2Noise, you're probably right, but in the meantime :wink:

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #2,805 of 6,628

I will have to agree with Amigozszz, Im not having buffering issues with Tidal on my network which is 5Ghz. In fact I get the same delays as I would on my Mac, Oneplus or iPhone (minimal); nothing as bad as whats been described in the thread. On another note it sounds boss with my Taction Kannons and AKG K7xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back