HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 16, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #2,611 of 6,628
Something interesting I have found today guys... I have a pair of v moda crossfade wireless the 1st gen.

Bluetooth through my phone, they distort quite a bit in the bass at highest volume.

Through my hiby R6 in bluetooth, zero distortion at the highest volume whilst bass is really punchy and hard hitting!

Not sure what is responsible for this, but I came upon it by chance, quite startling really!

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #2,612 of 6,628
Aside from Musictek in the states having a pre-order up with no shipping date yet, it seems things are currently in limbo as to getting hold of one for the moment.
Thanks, I guess I will just have to be patient, not unlike many others.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #2,613 of 6,628
It would be better to take OPUS # 3 than to wait 2-3 months, and not the fact that during this time get your order, people ordered in early February and still do not know what their orders, just super. Wrote technical support in response to the silence.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,614 of 6,628
Got my Hiby R6. Here's my review:

The Hiby R6 is awesome. Sounds superb, looks great, and doesn't feel like I'm using an old people phone (dated technology).

Now that I'm done with that, I have some questions:

• Hibylink? Still a no go? When will this work?
  • Two way bluetooth. I can't figure out how to send audio from my phone, to my R6 via bluetooth. Does any expirienced R6 users have some advice?
  • Is there a way to get rid of having a lock screen?
  • Cant use swipe text even though its set to "on" in stock keyboard settings by default

Pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #2,615 of 6,628
20180417_183809.jpgLoving the FlaresPRO out of the R6. Interested to know what you guys are using and what your favourite pairings are so far.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #2,616 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs

I am about to order a “XLR 4-pin Male to 2.5mm TRRS Balanced female” adapter.

This way I can leave the XLR-to-TRRS adapter connected to the OPPO HA-1 permanently. Then I can connect the new 2.5mm balanced headphone cable (of the Massdrop HD 6XX) to the balanced port of HiBy R6 or the XLR adapter on the HA-1.

I am hoping this is right (assuming the TRRS jack of the HiBy R6 follows the Astell & Kern format)
Code:
XLR pin1 (L+) to TRRS female ring2 (ring closest to sleeve)
XLR pin2 (L-) to TRRS female sleeve
XLR pin3 (R+) to TRRS female ring1 (ring closest to tip)
XLR pin4 (R-) to TRRS female tip
(Pictures provided for reference)

Thank you for your continued support. You are a legend.

PS. What do they mean when they say a TRRS port of a DAP is not truly balanced? Original SE patched to “Balanced”? No separate DAC chips for each channel?

The TRRS jack of the HiBy R6 follows the Astell & Kern format, correct?
bbM7nGT.jpg

Pin-out assignment of Balanced Headphone Jack of the OPPO HA-1
MSPfFlp.jpg

XLR 4-pin Male to 2.5mm TRRS Balanced female
YwviPL9.jpg

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #2,619 of 6,628
Loving the FlaresPRO out of the R6. Interested to know what you guys are using and what your favourite pairings are so far.
I should have spent more time with my Golds and the R6. Oh well. It's in good hands now. I was thinking that the Flares Pro and Gold would be a good match since they have what, 85ohm impedance? and get that 8:1 ratio I've heard is so important. I'm glad you enjoy. I got in on the R3 since I tend to stream much more now and it makes a bit more sense for me, since I don't do a ton of offline Tidal anymore. I know where to get another R6 if I ever change my mind and if I sell one of the other players I have...

Oh, and I really like your pic, by the way! Don't want to forget to mention that!

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #2,620 of 6,628
Have no idea how to post a pic
https://m.imgur.com/a/iUoOB

A little picture "Image" icon, next to smiley, above the area where you type your reply/message - click and insert url of the image. Just did it for you below :wink: The only problem, when you insert an image link, you can't resize it.

EWGGLmZ.jpg

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #2,621 of 6,628
Hello,

Could someone verify if the TRRS jack of the HiBy R6 follows the Astell & Kern format? (refer image)
Code:
Tip is right negative (R-)
ring closest to tip is right positive (R+)
ring closest to sleeve is left positive (L+)
sleeve is left negative (L-)
FnzMnS7.png

Thank you

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #2,622 of 6,628
Hello,

Could someone verify if the TRRS jack of the HiBy R6 follows the Astell & Kern format? (refer image)
Code:
Tip is right negative (R-)
ring closest to tip is right positive (R+)
ring closest to sleeve is left positive (L+)
sleeve is left negative (L-)
bbM7nGT.jpg

Thank you

This is exactly the jack I did order with my new cable and it works great with R6.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #2,623 of 6,628
Dear all,

Sorry I have been away for some days, attending a local trade show in Hong Kong which ultimately turned out to be rather fruitless but nevertheless required my relatively undivided attention.

Other than that, I am now preparing to exhibit at the Fujiya Spring headphone festival in Japan. Which may turn out to be a somewhat premature move, as we still haven't finished producing all the R6 units for fulfilling Indiegogo orders, so any plans for regional distribution must be put on hold. But such shows are booked months in advance, and we got a sweet spot at the show at a nice price early on so... the show must go on :sweat_smile: Unfortunately it also means I will be AFK from 27 Apr to 4 May as well.

Now, you all must be very anxiously waiting for an Indiegogo order fulfillment update. In actual fact a number of units were shipped out today, but I am waiting to consult with my boss regarding the reason why this shipment came so long after the last, how many were actually shipped, when we can expect the next shipment, and how many it would be. Stay tuned...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 18, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #2,624 of 6,628
Rather than wait for the R6 to become available via retail, I decided to back the R3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back