HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #2,596 of 6,622
I wish! For my music tastes I was definitely born too late and undeniably missed out on the best gigs. Did happen to catch them play at St.Kilda festival 10 years ago, which sadly was the only time.
Haha that was already 10 years after I saw them play their “farewell” show at the Palace which sadly is long gone. They did have quite the cult following at US colleges in their heyday. Genuinely nice guys and multi decade staying power.

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #2,597 of 6,622
Will the internal drive just show up again? And will all the apps the R6 came loaded with be back there? Sorry for so many questions.
I'm not sure what you're talking about :

is it internal memory that shows up on the device (in a file manager app ? in settings\storage ?). Or is it internal memory showing up on your PC ? (Windows ? did you cannect with USB and click on the notification bar on the USB icone to allow file transfer and not just charging ?).

You should give more details, and maybe a screenshot that you comment : 'this is where internal memory previously was displayed, now this is only displaying this'.

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #2,599 of 6,622
Can you please tell me where I can see my place on the list?
If you go to the indiegogo page for the R6 you should see a tab labelled backers. Hit that and the number will be on there, currently 942. You should have your backer number from your order confirmation. It's not exact but you should be able to find your name on the list easily enough.

Apr 15, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #2,600 of 6,622
HiBy R3 Review is up! Enjoy reading! :)

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/04/16/hiby-r3

photo_2018-04-06_02-26-46-2.jpg

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #2,602 of 6,622
If you go to the indiegogo page for the R6 you should see a tab labelled backers. Hit that and the number will be on there, currently 942. You should have your backer number from your order confirmation. It's not exact but you should be able to find your name on the list easily enough.

But how do you know what numbers have already been shipped? I’m 777 and still no word.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #2,606 of 6,622
Sorry cannot seem to find my backer number again, only saw it once intitially when I ordered. I only see the order number now. Could be the same thing, or not.

Someone else can chime in here :)

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #2,608 of 6,622
Newbie here, still enjoying my Cowon D2 from the stone age every day despite its obvious issues, but looking for a decent replacement.

I have followed this thread for a while now and am interested in the combination of sound quality, smooth interface and looks of the R6, plus the ability to use Spotify.

I came too late for the Indiegogo launch and have been looking for a Dutch or European supplier, but even the Hiby website has no information on where to buy an R6. The only supplier I could find in this thread (or anywhere else) is in NJ, but it seems environmentally wrong to let a product ship from China to the US and then to Europe, if it is even possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,610 of 6,622
Newbie here, still enjoying my Cowon D2 from the stone age every day despite its obvious issues, but looking for a decent replacement.

I have followed this thread for a while now and am interested in the combination of sound quality, smooth interface and looks of the R6, plus the ability to use Spotify.

I came too late for the Indiegogo launch and have been looking for a Dutch or European supplier, but even the Hiby website has no information on where to buy an R6. The only supplier I could find in this thread (or anywhere else) is in NJ, but it seems environmentally wrong to let a product ship from China to the US and then to Europe, if it is even possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aside from Musictek in the states having a pre-order up with no shipping date yet, it seems things are currently in limbo as to getting hold of one for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back