HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 13, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #1,396 of 6,622
Hi twister6,

Does R6 drop volume when EQ is enabled like in FiiO DAPs?

The EQ in HiByMusic has a preamp slider you engage manually. Well, it is recommended to indeed lower the volume via that preamp slider when you're making boosts to certain frequencies, especially bass.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 13, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #1,398 of 6,622
I need to investigate some more, but album art is not behaving as expected...
Most of my albums do NOT show the cover when browsing albums, but when playing a track from that album - album art DOES show!
I use only FLAC files. Possible difference between albums that show and do not show album art (I need to confirm later) - maybe embedded cover art in FLAC files vs. a JPG file in same folder... Again - I need to verify a sample album that displays vs. one that does not.

One minor annoyance - @Joe Bloggs (or anyone else) when I browse by Artist, and choose one, it then display all tracks by that artist. I think it makes more sense to display albums. Not tracks. There is a "button" at bottom-right of the cover art (looks like a circle with list next to it) that switches to album view (by that artist), which is what I want, but if you go back (to list of artists) and choose an artist - it's back to the list of tracks by the artist and not albums. I know it is a very minor annoyance, but I wonder if there is a setting to change that behavior. If not - @Joe Bloggs please consider that a feature request :wink:

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #1,401 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs Just wanted to give you a shout out for all the great support you've been dishing out. Really good to see, thank you!
+1 from me as well. I've appreciated your support and assistance since the F**O days!:L3000:

Cheers and all the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Feb 13, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,404 of 6,622
The EQ in HiByMusic has a preamp slider you engage manually. Well, it is recommended to indeed lower the volume via that preamp slider when you're making boosts to certain frequencies, especially bass.

Don't recall if I played with EQ yet, but nice to know it, Joe! In all "other" DAPs with Hiby firmware :wink: that was done automatically when you enable EQ to give you the headroom in order to avoid saturation when boosting frequency bands. Nice to have flexibility here.

Feb 13, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #1,405 of 6,622
I need to investigate some more, but album art is not behaving as expected...
Most of my albums do NOT show the cover when browsing albums, but when playing a track from that album - album art DOES show!
I use only FLAC files. Possible difference between albums that show and do not show album art (I need to confirm later) - maybe embedded cover art in FLAC files vs. a JPG file in same folder... Again - I need to verify a sample album that displays vs. one that does not.

One minor annoyance - @Joe Bloggs (or anyone else) when I browse by Artist, and choose one, it then display all tracks by that artist. I think it makes more sense to display albums. Not tracks. There is a "button" at bottom-right of the cover art (looks like a circle with list next to it) that switches to album view (by that artist), which is what I want, but if you go back (to list of artists) and choose an artist - it's back to the list of tracks by the artist and not albums. I know it is a very minor annoyance, but I wonder if there is a setting to change that behavior. If not - @Joe Bloggs please consider that a feature request :wink:

Yes, make the default view albums, alphabetically, then toggle to songs if desired. Playing randomly from that list of songs could/would be desirable.

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #1,407 of 6,622
An 'android issue' ? Are you sure this is not the other way around, a problem with Apple products (those want you to use only iPhones and iPads) ? Because you know, android devices connect without such issues not just to Windows (not an OS owned by Google I think), but also to all Linux distributions, from the beginning (Cupcake). The only issue is... with OS X. Do we really wonder why it is so ? It's the same problem when you tried to connect iPods to Windows PCs (you were locked in Itunes walled gardens or couldn't transfer files). This was not a 'windows issue', but just another movement from Apple against users.

Oops. I worded it wrong. I meant it's Apple's issue with android devices, NOT an issue with android itself and my point being that it is NOT an issue with the R6. Basically Apple sometimes doesn't play too well with other systems.

Feb 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #1,408 of 6,622
Being from the Android system and receiving my R6 today, I can tell you that I haven't had any of the file or SD card issues being communicated. I put most of my FLAC music on the SD card, then put the card in the player. Transferring other music to onboard storage was a breeze, as well! This DAP is as smooth as butter! I haven't tweaked ANYTHING, or even downloaded the new update yet (You mean it gets better?!!). @Joe Bloggs, this one is a HIT! Thanks to all the reviewers and supporters. I'm loving it!

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #1,409 of 6,622
My R6 arrived. I charged it and took the sd card out of my Sony ZX2 and placed it in. It scanned all the songs no problem but didn't get playlists. I didn't format. Will that be a problem? I didn't want to wipe my 200 gig card. I'll research how playlists are done later. Joe Bloggs mentioned how a while back. MSEB is Mage8 ball I assume. It would be awesome if it worked on Tidal. So far so good. Tidal streaming seems to be much quicker than X7 gen 2. I am using them with my brand new iSine 10s.

Feb 13, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,410 of 6,622
My R6 arrived. I charged it and took the sd card out of my Sony ZX2 and placed it in. It scanned all the songs no problem but didn't get playlists. I didn't format. Will that be a problem? I didn't want to wipe my 200 gig card. I'll research how playlists are done later. Joe Bloggs mentioned how a while back. MSEB is Mage8 ball I assume. It would be awesome if it worked on Tidal. So far so good. Tidal streaming seems to be much quicker than X7 gen 2. I am using them with my brand new iSine 10s.

How the R6 stands over the ZX2? Did you noticed noise or interference while Tidal streaming?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back