HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 13, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #1,385 of 6,622
Whilst the device is really good I'm having no luck transferring via USB connected to my Mac. It's directly connected, no USB hubs or anything. I've tried both USB ports. I've also tried enabling developer mode and seeing if activating USB debug works. Nope. The only way I've actually been able to move songs to the device is via an SD card reader, which was also a bit fussy. I had to use the Terminal to copy stuff! I've had issues like this with the X7ii but that allowed transfer via USB. I'll try another USB cable when I get home, but I'm fairly certain this cable allows data transfer. I generally use the card reader for faster data transfer but if it's just a single album or a few songs I'll do it via USB just for simplicities sake.

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,386 of 6,622
Did you guys noticed some noise/interference while Wifi is on ( Tidal listening...)?

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #1,387 of 6,622
...unless the card also disappears halfway through use of the player, e.g. playing music on the R6.

Then that's a hardware issue with the card reader on this particular R6 and I would recommend you get in touch with me on private messages ASAP to sort out the problem.

The card disappear when I am connected via USB to my laptop or PC. Both running Win10. During music play, it is fine.
I think the trouble is the USB storage problem.

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #1,388 of 6,622
Whilst the device is really good I'm having no luck transferring via USB connected to my Mac. It's directly connected, no USB hubs or anything. I've tried both USB ports. I've also tried enabling developer mode and seeing if activating USB debug works. Nope. The only way I've actually been able to move songs to the device is via an SD card reader, which was also a bit fussy. I had to use the Terminal to copy stuff! I've had issues like this with the X7ii but that allowed transfer via USB. I'll try another USB cable when I get home, but I'm fairly certain this cable allows data transfer. I generally use the card reader for faster data transfer but if it's just a single album or a few songs I'll do it via USB just for simplicities sake.

Did you try Android File Transfer as it was suggested a few posts above here: www.head-fi.org/threads/hiby-r6-dap-dual-dac-balanced-out-great-reviews-and-over-500-funded-indiegogo.852042/page-91#post-14039567

Feb 13, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,389 of 6,622
Feb 13, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #1,391 of 6,622
Ah I think I can answer this. I've always had this problem on my girlfriend's mac. Mac doesn't play well with android. it's not like Windows where you can just plug it in, click and drag. Install Android File Transfer on your Mac. When you plug in the R6, it'll ask something about confirming the connection or allowing the connection. Sometimes you might have to plug and unplug and allow the connection again. Eventually your sd card and built in storage will show up. From there you should be able to click and drag.

This is not the R6's problem. It's an android issue. I've been dealing with this since android 1.5 (cupcake).
An 'android issue' ? Are you sure this is not the other way around, a problem with Apple products (those want you to use only iPhones and iPads) ? Because you know, android devices connect without such issues not just to Windows (not an OS owned by Google I think), but also to all Linux distributions, from the beginning (Cupcake). The only issue is... with OS X. Do we really wonder why it is so ? It's the same problem when you tried to connect iPods to Windows PCs (you were locked in Itunes walled gardens or couldn't transfer files). This was not a 'windows issue', but just another movement from Apple against users.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back