HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 23, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #151 of 6,622
When I first read about this player I could swear it said it would have 2 micro sd slots (but approaching senility is a possibility), however, I see from the specs posted earlier in the thread that there's only 1 - although it supports "up to 2TB"...

Nice idea, but given that a 400GB card has only just been released - surely it's likely this player will be long obsolete by the time 2TB is achievable (if it ever is for micro sd cards)?

A promising device nonetheless - especially if the the Android SRC bypass tech proves beneficial.

The 2Tb is referring to use with OTG (external hard drive) Or USB memory stick. I think anyway. Most DAPs that list 2Tb (Like the Cayin N3) can do 2TB OTG.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #152 of 6,622
The 2Tb is referring to use with OTG (external hard drive) Or USB memory stick. I think anyway. Most DAPs that list 2Tb (Like the Cayin N3) can do 2TB OTG.

The ability to do OTG is cool and all, but it seems to drain the battery MUCH more. Or least it seems to on my N3.

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #154 of 6,622
Sorry about the confusion. Basically the 2TB refers to the capability of the current SDXC format to support up to 2TB of microSD card storage.

I guess it would be better to just state that the R6 has expandable storage via one microSD card slot (supporting all current and future card sizes)

I will discuss with our PR regarding this matter. :sweat_smile:

One solution for massive external storage I've long advocated is via a WiFi capable powered external hard disk. Put it in your bag, access it using HiBy's samba WiFi access capabilities...

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 23, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #155 of 6,622
It should. It has to power the drive. :)

USB sticks use less power though if you can find a Type-C one.

Or you can plug it into a drive with its own AC power brick.

I first noticed it when I left a little 8GB thumbdrive plugged into the unit (which was off) overnight, and the battery was all but dead the next morning.

It's all good, though. I just ordered a Sandisk 256GB card on Amazon's "Deal Of The Day" for $90. That should hold me for a while. :k701smile:

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #156 of 6,622
It should. It has to power the drive. :)

USB sticks use less power though if you can find a Type-C one.

Or you can plug it into a drive with its own AC power brick.

OnePlus makes a nice, short, cheap Type-C OTG cable.

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #157 of 6,622
Something like that

20170807152603.JPG

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #159 of 6,622
Got an email saying it will be launched on indigogo on the 5th of December.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #163 of 6,622

Users who are viewing this thread

Back