HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 28, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #166 of 6,628
Santa came early and in a form of HiBy R6 this year. A wonderful Christmas gift for me. :ksc75smile:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you HiBy Music!

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #167 of 6,628
Santa came early and in a form of HiBy R6 this year. A wonderful Christmas gift for me. :ksc75smile:

Glad you won mate. Let us know when you get it.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #168 of 6,628
Hi,

This DAP is very tempting.

I've tried the Shanling M2s and M3s and the player where great and i enjoyed HibyLink so much. Unfortunatly the sound was not my taste (i've tried the Fiio X5III before and hated it) the AKM 4490 seems to be my Nemesis.

I have a Fiio X7 1st gen and i love it so much but i'm vision impared and i have lots of difficulties reading the screen. Since i've tried HibyLink i'm dreaming of a DAP with HibyLink and the same sound signature as the X7.

So i'm wondering how the R6 sound will compare to the X7 sound.

I would also like to know if the R6 Bluetooth is both way (send sound from the R6 to Bluetooth headphone / receive audio from the smartphone) like the Shanling M2s/M3s.

Last question : when will be the estimated delivery date since crowdfunding projects cab tale montés ?

THX , please forgive my poor english writing

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #172 of 6,628

Free dap ?

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #173 of 6,628
a shout out to @Hawaiibadboy to ask whats been happening with the Hiby R6 you were supposed to get?

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #175 of 6,628
That's not very reassuring on Hiby's part. Thanks for the info Chris.

@Joe Bloggs It would be great if you could chime in please. :)

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #178 of 6,628
Hi,

This DAP is very tempting.

I've tried the Shanling M2s and M3s and the player where great and i enjoyed HibyLink so much. Unfortunatly the sound was not my taste (i've tried the Fiio X5III before and hated it) the AKM 4490 seems to be my Nemesis.

I have a Fiio X7 1st gen and i love it so much but i'm vision impared and i have lots of difficulties reading the screen. Since i've tried HibyLink i'm dreaming of a DAP with HibyLink and the same sound signature as the X7.

So i'm wondering how the R6 sound will compare to the X7 sound.

I would also like to know if the R6 Bluetooth is both way (send sound from the R6 to Bluetooth headphone / receive audio from the smartphone) like the Shanling M2s/M3s.

Last question : when will be the estimated delivery date since crowdfunding projects cab tale montés ?

THX , please forgive my poor english writing

Did you try measuring the output and EQing any of those a bit?

The X5III, from what I understand, has much less sub-bass roll off than the X7. This could give you rumble or other oddities depending on the other devices in your chain, but EQ would solve that very easily. The fact of the matter is that the AKM 4490 is a transparent DAC, just like basically every other DAC. So if the sound is a lot different, there's probably something weird going on. I'd suggest investing ~$30 in an inexpensive ADC like a Behringer UCA-202, and a headphone cable splitter if you don't already have one (so you can measure your output loaded with your headphones), record the output of an RMAA test signal with Audacity, and see if there is something going on.

Learning a few tricks like this, and spending the ~$35 for the necessary equipment could save you hundreds (or thousands depending on your flavor of DAP - though you're not listing any crazy A&K's so I'm guessing hundreds for you) in the long run. Plus, if you ever need a desktop USB DAC, the Behringer will have you covered there, too.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #179 of 6,628
Actually FOUR More Days until the PreSale Starts on December 5th !

Per Email today: "We are going to launch HiBy R6 on Indiegogo Tuesday 5th December, 11 AM EST"

24231830_1071187956356759_8020696707961974106_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #180 of 6,628
Deja vu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back