HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 1, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #181 of 6,628
Edit:

Nobody wants to read that.

Tracking #'s really important.

Attachments

• hibfai.jpg
    hibfai.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • hibfa.jpg
    hibfa.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • hibyfail.jpg
    hibyfail.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #182 of 6,628

Got 2 ribbons yesterday on a package with 2 delivery stickers.
Spent 4 hours on the phone......2 days ago
Just got a ship# from hiby and this is it :frowning2:

When you send something, sent the track # before, not 1 week later. Christmas time and my girlfriend and i wasted hours on this and still no idea what is going on?
That lad's tel# is 1 digit off too. no idea what happened. I have nothing. Some woman far away has a hiby and she can do what she likes at her pace.

I was asked after approved to ship it to another who ships it to another being a first stop on a "tour" that was never mentioned in here.
I got to be the guy who is a defacto hiby worker fixing their chaos. it is not fixed, i am not working for you and if you wanted a tour just set one up and for the love of God sent tracking #'s when items are shipped and not 1 week later and 2 days after it is already in the wrong persons hands.

Japan post is among the best in the world. This not on them.

Thanks Hiby!
Dang that's a bummer.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #183 of 6,628
I don't know why but it seems DHL doesn't always provide the tracking number right away. Hiby likely gave you the number as soon as they got it. I've had lots of things arrive before I got a tracking number. I don't think this is Hiby's fault. Likely DHL. Mistakes happen. Likely it will get sorted out, but the aggravation is not fun. Hiby will probably need to be the one to sort it out with DHL. Im sure they don't want their unit disappearing.

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #184 of 6,628
Hi,

I am looking for a media center to use at home in my audio chain.

So, far I have been looking at network players such as volumio 86mini or even a Nuc with foobar or jriver to stream bit perfect data into my ifi micro idsd dac .

Now, I'm wondering if an r6 could serve all my purposes?
Would it be possible to stream music from my nas to the r6 and then feed it bit perfectly into my ifi micro idsd?
Also, could the r6 be controlled by a phone app? I seem to have read about a hiby app that can control a dap.

If the answers are yes to these questions, I may have found a perfect solution for my needs. The portability would be just the icing on the cake.

Thanks
Adam

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #185 of 6,628
Hi,

I am looking for a media center to use at home in my audio chain.

So, far I have been looking at network players such as volumio 86mini or even a Nuc with foobar or jriver to stream bit perfect data into my ifi micro idsd dac .

Now, I'm wondering if an r6 could serve all my purposes?
Would it be possible to stream music from my nas to the r6 and then feed it bit perfectly into my ifi micro idsd?
Also, could the r6 be controlled by a phone app? I seem to have read about a hiby app that can control a dap.

If the answers are yes to these questions, I may have found a perfect solution for my needs. The portability would be just the icing on the cake.

Thanks
Adam

I am also hoping for the same functions!

- The R6 has WIFI so should be able to read files from another device on your local area network (Is that what NAS Means? ) This will likely require the right Android App...

- Personally expect to use the R6 to store the music files and eliminate one step in the chain... When the R6 is storing the music files, HiByLink would allow a phone to control the R6 via a bluetooth connection. Unsure if HiBy Link can remotely operate the R6 from a bluetooth phone link, while the R-6 is streaming music from a Tablet or PC (via wifi) acting as a Music Server. This should be possible, but others with more android expertise might confirm.

- The R6 will be able to act as a "transport only" for an external DAC. Though I am hoping that the sound of this DAP and it's DAC/AMP will be as good or even better than the IDSD... We'll have to await some lister reviews. Pretty sure HiBy has some players out for review/listening as other Head-Fi experts have reported in this thread... If the sound is "good enough", an external DAC may not be needed; but that will depend on individual taste and expectations. Certainly lots of head-fi members have home DAC/AMP Systems that will be better than the R6, and this feature will be great for them..

Since no reviews yet, don't know if firmware is fully developed for all the functions yet. But the R6 should be able to do everything you're looking for. And HiBy has a lot of firmware expertise, so am expecting good and complete firmware from the start; of surely soon after shipments start.

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #186 of 6,628
Dear Hawaiibadboy,

I'm sorry about the troubles with the delivery. I'd asked for a tracking number as soon as the units were shipped out but it turns out I was asking the wrong department for it. I then came down with a bad cold (when I sprained my ribs from coughing I thought I was going to have a heart attack lol) before I could go around to ask who the heck actually sent you your R6 and how they were doing.

I hear that the R6 may be making its way back to your address by tomorrow, hopefully it is still safe and sound; if not you can depend on me to send you a new unit the right way (if this damn cold doesn't take me down again lol)

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #188 of 6,628
Joe!!!

Drink more milk to shore up those ribs and get better. :)
I will let you know the second it arrives and will have it on a table and an SD card ready to put in, do a unbox and quick walktrough that you can use however you like.
I have my Christmas display up and ..that is the best time.

Get rest
Shiny finger printless vid and images are on the way

Attachments

• 20171202_223856_001.jpg
    20171202_223856_001.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 4, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #189 of 6,628
Dec 4, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #190 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs are we going to get any reviews before this campaign goes live on Tuesday? I specifically want to know if the R6 suffers the same issues as every other DAP out there when it comes to streaming services.
At the moment, looks like no. But maybe I can answer your questions? What "same issues" are you on the lookout for?
:beerchug:Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #193 of 6,628
Mainly the stuttering issue when streaming and playing offline downloads. It seems to plague all the DAP's using Rock chips.
There were reports of some stuttering among early Chinese users, streaming or otherwise, we pinned it down to an over-aggressive buffer policy in the audio chain and have since fixed it by enlarging the buffer. So it won't be the best device for your real-time mixing/voiceover/DJing needs but should be totally fine for online music or even videos :wink:

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #194 of 6,628
There were reports of some stuttering among early Chinese users, streaming or otherwise, we pinned it down to an over-aggressive buffer policy in the audio chain and have since fixed it by enlarging the buffer. So it won't be the best device for your real-time mixing/voiceover/DJing needs but should be totally fine for online music or even videos :wink:
That's great.

I wonder if you would be able to comment on the capability of it playing from a NAS or a Media Server running off of a PC. Is the software and the wifi robust enough to let that happen without glitches?

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #195 of 6,628
Just need it to play Tidal without all the stuttering every few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back