HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #137 of 6,622
[QUOTE="And for those of you wise people who don't use facebook, if you have a viable proposal to add a share-and-win lucky draw on head-fi or whatever platform you prefer into the running, I'm all ears :sweat_smile:[/QUOTE]
how about sharing a photo of how sad we are without R6 on instagram :sob::sob::sob:

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #139 of 6,622
It would be a great dap nonetheless and dac support for computers and transport is great to begin with, but that would be awesome if it can work with ios/android as a dac. Then I could connect it to other devices for netflix (sound quality) and music when I'm using those sources.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #140 of 6,622
And for those of you wise people who don't use facebook, if you have a viable proposal to add a share-and-win lucky draw on head-fi or whatever platform you prefer into the running, I'm all ears :sweat_smile:
how about sharing a photo of how sad we are without R6 on instagram :sob::sob::sob:

Well I'm not experienced with Instagram but we do have an account and I think extending the lucky draw to Instagram can be arranged (them being run by the same company and all :wink: )

I'm wondering aloud, if, say, tagging friends on head-fi on this thread one day and posting again to this thread the next day with your appeal to win the R6 can serve as the lucky draw conditions on head-fi itself (if forum rules would allow it!) :)

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 21, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #141 of 6,622
Well I'm not experienced with Instagram but we do have an account and I think extending the lucky draw to Instagram can be arranged (them being run by the same company and all :wink: )

I'm wondering aloud, if, say, tagging friends on head-fi on this thread one day and posting again to this thread the next day with your appeal to win the R6 can serve as the lucky draw conditions on head-fi itself (if forum rules would allow it!) :)
If i may suggest running some kind of promo on twitter. the wise who stayed away from facebook could use that. :wink:

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #142 of 6,622
Haha, that survey was merely intended to help our fledgling PR team find its footing and decide on what to emphasize as the headline feature of the R6, stemming from some heated debate on that point. Looks like it could have been taken the wrong way indeed :deadhorse:

The indiegogo campaign is slated to launch in early December, and yes, before that, there has already been some limited sales of the device in China :)
Took you guys a while, but you sure got the ball rolling now... Waiting for the fateful email to show up!

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #143 of 6,622
Okay folks - this has been bugging me for a while and first noticed in other threads so here goes: the references to RAM versus ROM size above are reversed - the RAM (random access memory) is typically where the user can store their data whereas the ROM (read only memory) is typically where the operating system/firmware is located and not intended to be changed other than via firmware updates or via user editable settings. If I understand correctly the R6 will have 32GB of RAM where the user can store their music - correct? That would leave the 3GB of ROM for the operating system, firmware, etc.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tim

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #145 of 6,622
Well
Okay folks - this has been bugging me for a while and first noticed in other threads so here goes: the references to RAM versus ROM size above are reversed - the RAM (random access memory) is typically where the user can store their data whereas the ROM (read only memory) is typically where the operating system/firmware is located and not intended to be changed other than via firmware updates or via user editable settings. If I understand correctly the R6 will have 32GB of RAM where the user can store their music - correct? That would leave the 3GB of ROM for the operating system, firmware, etc.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tim

Well not quite... RAM is faster short term memory used when processing information. It looses it's data when powered off. ROM is where everything is stored long term. So the operating system. Apps, music, etc are stored in ROM, and uploaded to RAM when using it.

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #146 of 6,622
I stand corrected. I had mentally equated the larger size area where the user can change the data as RAM - I guess technically it is a form of EEPROM and thus could be generically called ROM. Just not the classic sense of ROM that I had defined in my head.

My apologies for the confusion.

Cheers,
Tim

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #147 of 6,622
The wait is the worst part right now.

Nov 22, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #149 of 6,622
When I first read about this player I could swear it said it would have 2 micro sd slots (but approaching senility is a possibility), however, I see from the specs posted earlier in the thread that there's only 1 - although it supports "up to 2TB"...

Nice idea, but given that a 400GB card has only just been released - surely it's likely this player will be long obsolete by the time 2TB is achievable (if it ever is for micro sd cards)?

A promising device nonetheless - especially if the the Android SRC bypass tech proves beneficial.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #150 of 6,622
When I first read about this player I could swear it said it would have 2 micro sd slots (but approaching senility is a possibility), however, I see from the specs posted earlier in the thread that there's only 1 - although it supports "up to 2TB"...

Nice idea, but given that a 400GB card has only just been released - surely it's likely this player will be long obsolete by the time 2TB is achievable (if it ever is for micro sd cards)?

A promising device nonetheless - especially if the the Android SRC bypass tech proves beneficial.

I agree, that TWO micro sd slots should be the norm, vs one large capacity micro slots. The 400gb cards are $250, basically super overpriced. You can get 2 (256GB) cards for that. Or better yet one standard full size SD card slot, where 512gb SDXC Class 10 cards can be purchased for as low as $200 on sale.

Either way, I'm buying one when it's released. I'm hooked on hiby link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back