HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 31, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,097 of 6,622
Guys, would you consider the R6 an underpowered DAP at 300mW for balanced output? I'm considering the ZEN 2.0 earbuds but they have an impedance of 320ohm
Will the R6 feed these headphones more than adequately?

Driving Zen earbuds at low gain from SE (lower power than BAL output you referring to) with a volume set to 65/100, the pair up a bit on a leaner side but drives them really well.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #1,099 of 6,622
Bit OT

For those who wants more output which i think i will.

I have found a really nice diy amp project.
A balanced to balanced amplifier.

It is called "the wire" atm investigating if and what is needed to operate on battery.
The PCB itself is real small.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/The_Wire_-_All_Boards_and_Kits_Explained_Here

Maybe something for you @Hawaiibadboy as you always run balanced and hate to use a SE amp on a balanced DAP

Don't understand it is not that known. All the builders were quite enthusiastic.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #1,100 of 6,622
@twister6 Thanks for that! I wonder if running balanced mode would take it out of the "lean side".

yes, I'm sure it can/will benefit from more power of BAL output. I have Zen terminated SE, while Zen 2 has Pono balanced termination with those double 3.5mm outputs (don't ask... I don't even have Pono player). I do have addapter for Zen 2 to go balanced, but the adapter is flaky, the reason I only tested original Zen. But they are the same, just a refined sound tuning.

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #1,101 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs - any update with regards to the light bleed issue that caused HiBy to cancel early shipment plan?
Still waiting (im)patiently for my black R6....... :wink:

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #1,102 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs - any update with regards to the light bleed issue that caused HiBy to cancel early shipment plan?
Still waiting (im)patiently for my black R6....... :wink:
Probably hesitant to post an update in case it leads to a rush of last minute backers :p

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #1,105 of 6,622
Their holidays are coming(whole February) so i think the R6 is as near ready. But not much employees there.
Yeah - I know Chinese new year is a long holiday in Feb.
I was hoping my R6 would be shipped before they all go have fun and celebrate with their families :wink:

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #1,106 of 6,622
Their holidays are coming(whole February) so i think the R6 is as near ready. But not much employees there.

Yeah, I heard Hiby went from CES to NAMM, thus a delay due to attendance of those shows. Plus, CNY is coming up, right on a weekend of CanJam NYC :frowning2:, probably explains why they are not attending CJ.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,107 of 6,622
I keep reading MageSound 8-ball as "Magic 8-ball". :ksc75smile:
Maybe it will be magical for adjusting the sound to our own preferred signature and to match our IEMs and headphones with. Especially if it's implemented system wide in the audio path before any apps and has user presets we can save multiple IEM pairings to.
Hey a man can dream can't he?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #1,108 of 6,622
@Currawong did you try 3rd party eq apps. To be working with Spotify Deezer Tidal? Especially V4A?

No, I haven't. I don't usually use Android, so I have no idea what to use. I don't use an EQ usually either, more out of habit than anything.

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #1,110 of 6,622
Guess what? iEMatch2.5 released!!! https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-iematch2-5/

iEMatch-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back