HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 14, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #6,121 of 6,622
I have disabled the equaliser and I'm relying on MSEB but it still doesn't solve the problem.
What are your MSEB settings?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 14, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #6,122 of 6,622
I checked my EQ settings, and pre amp is negative 6.5 because of distortion. On SE, volume is at 53, even with the negative pre amp, but I do have high gain turned on.

Jul 16, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #6,123 of 6,622
Hi @joe, I am currently facing an issue with my R6. It dies not charge wgen powered off. All permissions etc have been granted, resets done but no dice.

It will show the battery icon animation indicating charging but the percentage does not change. Even stranger when powered on after unplugging, the battery percentage actually shows a drop, e.g 30% when plugged in, the animation shows charging but the 30% remains but when unplugged the percentage show drops to 17%.

This only happened say about a week ago although I updated to the new 1.2Beta firmware earlier.

I read that this behaviour is not uncommon. Does Hiby have any solutions? Or has the solution been posted earlier. If so please share again.

Thanks.

Ps it will charge if powered on. So far it charges even when screen is off unlike some others that say that theirs only charges when screen remains on.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #6,124 of 6,622
Hi @joe, I am currently facing an issue with my R6. It dies not charge wgen powered off. All permissions etc have been granted, resets done but no dice.

It will show the battery icon animation indicating charging but the percentage does not change. Even stranger when powered on after unplugging, the battery percentage actually shows a drop, e.g 30% when plugged in, the animation shows charging but the 30% remains but when unplugged the percentage show drops to 17%.

This only happened say about a week ago although I updated to the new 1.2Beta firmware earlier.

I read that this behaviour is not uncommon. Does Hiby have any solutions? Or has the solution been posted earlier. If so please share again.

Thanks.

Ps it will charge if powered on. So far it charges even when screen is off unlike some others that say that theirs only charges when screen remains on.

Are you charging connected to a computer or to a wall? If it's to a wall, what charger are you using?

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #6,125 of 6,622
Are you charging connected to a computer or to a wall? If it's to a wall, what charger are you using?
Hi, I usually charge from the wall or through a powerbank. Normal 1A charger or 2.1A charger. Only connect to PC or laptop when transferring music.

Sometimes I using samsung charger for my S8.

It seems to act up no matter what charger I use. I have not tried using my laptop as when it is connected the usual mode for the R6 is powered on anyway.

Cheers.

Jul 17, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #6,126 of 6,622
Samsung QC3 charger from my S10+ doesn't work on my R6 when off, but the Earldom QC3 Samsung compatible charger does, and I'd swear the charger that came with my S7 edge worked as well. I figured something changed in the newer gen chargers, since the cheap Earldom chargers still do the job.

Jul 17, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #6,127 of 6,622
It seems this situation is geeting more widespread and Hiby's suggest solutions does not fix the issue nor its root cause whatever it is.

Hiby please do something. It seems we always take 1 step forwards and 2 steps back each time. Getting frustrating.

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #6,129 of 6,622
I normally use the app Scrobball to log my music to last.fm. However, today it didn’t record anything. It’s like if it didn’t had access to notifications from HiBy Music. So I checked that and it does have them. I tried using the app to scrobble spotify through the notification system and it did indeed work. Has something changed in the HiBy Music App?

Jul 26, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #6,130 of 6,622
Accidentally cracked the screen of my R6 :frowning2:

I tried sending an email to support, but have not got a reply yet. I am hoping that I can avoid having to send the unit back all the way to HK for repairs (don't wanna spend 1+ month without a DAP...) and I am wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to get a replacement screen and just repair the thing myself?

Jul 27, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #6,131 of 6,622
I had a similar issue with charging the R6 when it was off. I found that when I plug it in the first time the charging animation comes on, but it doesn't actually charge. Unplugging it and plugging it back in, (when on the charging screen with the unit off) seems to work every time. Might be worth trying for others we are having the same issue. (Very minor, I don't even notice it anymore as I'm just used to doing this. Only replying because I saw others with the same issue maybe this'll work for them.)

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #6,132 of 6,622
Hmmm ..maybe someone can help me with this. I noticed that my R6 while in standby-by mode discharges the normally (dropping about 2-3% per day while not in use) until it hits about 45% then it drops to about 0% in a few hours. It has done this three times already. The first time I thought maybe I had somehow left it playing music but the next 2 times I made sure that was not the case.

Jul 28, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #6,133 of 6,622
hi all,

anyone here who already have a battery problem with their unit?
some months ago, my r6 back glass cover broke for some unknown reason, just found out when i removed it from its jelly case to clean it, and decided to remove all its cracked glass yesterday since it was awful and have this battery problem all the time, just this month. since the glass back cover was already removed, i just found out that the battery have this little bump in the middle of the metal sheet.

my concern now is, how to change the battery?
cant figure it out since the metal sheet is attached to it and im afraid to break all or some of its internal, i dont know, im just not into this eletric wire things. could anyone from this group know how to change our r6 battery? or what type of battery is inside our unit? where to buy?

anyone, please.

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #6,134 of 6,622
Accidentally cracked the screen of my R6 :frowning2:

I tried sending an email to support, but have not got a reply yet. I am hoping that I can avoid having to send the unit back all the way to HK for repairs (don't wanna spend 1+ month without a DAP...) and I am wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to get a replacement screen and just repair the thing myself?

Well, reply came and looks like if I want the screen fixed, I will have to ship it back to HK. Anyone would know where I can find an aftermarket R6 screen?

Jul 29, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #6,135 of 6,622
thats what they've told me as well earlier. they didn't even tell me the battery information so that i can replace it myself. all in all, total cost would be $45 including dhl freight and would take 2 months or so to deliver it back.

your screen may cost more in my opinion. and it maybe even harder finding one except getting one from them. goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back