HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 1, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #5,581 of 6,628
Dear greenm,
It sounds like they turned you back to us because of trouble with the last step.

This bug report file that you speak of, how is it generated? Would one not simply attach to to an email and send to TIDAL using say gmail on the r6?

Hi Joe hope you're having a good Friday?

Bug Report is completed like this:

First, enable developer options:

1. Open the Settings app.

2. (Only on Android 8.0 or higher) Select System.

3. Scroll to the bottom and select About phone.

4. Scroll to the bottom and tap Build number 7 times (You should see toast counting down steps to becoming developer, meaning enabling developer mode).

5. Return to the previous screen (Settings for most devices) to find Developer options near the bottom.

Next, you should scroll down a little and enable USB debugging

Finally:

1. In Developer options, tap Take bug report or Submit bug report (either of the two phrases can show up).

2. Select the type of bug report you want and tap Report.
After a moment you get a notification that the bug report is ready.

3. To share the bug report, tap the notification.

However when I tap on the notification to share the report the R6 Says something like "no app to support this function" maybe you or a forum member will have more luck than me

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #5,582 of 6,628
Joe,

OK, thanks for the advice I downloaded a mail app and it worked a treat, for some reason I thought I needed a bug report reader?

I've sent the report to tidal now, let's see what they come back with, I assume this issue is inherent on all R6's?

If I get a fix obviously I will share the result

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #5,583 of 6,628
Well, I still have an R6 with me as parting gift from the company. Thought it might be interesting to update it to 8.1 myself. My update went pretty much all according to plan but I tried to document it as much as possible anyway:

1. What you’ll need
a. HiBy R6 (on any version of firmware) well charged
b. The (1) (2) and (3) zip files downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...z7uL12kmlkGFJKsiJ5NM-TNuQB_nYtfbvxX92ZOvskr1s . There’s also a “Manual V1.0.pdf” but I struggle to understand its contents and HiBy will direct all people with questions to disregard this manual…
c. A windows computer RUNNING ON TEST MODE. Inside the (2) zip there is a batch script in testmode_bat called testmode_open.bat to put your computer into test mode, but the actual things required to actually put your computer into test mode varies by computer. Do not try to proceed, until you have something like these letterings on the lower right corner of your desktop: . Google "Windows (your version) Test Mode"​

2. What to do—pre-installation:
a. Right click on each zip file and select Extract All… to a common directory you can easily refer to. FROM HERE ON REFERENCES TO dir(1), dir(2) and dir(3) refer to the extracted contents of the 3 zips respectively. YOU MUST EXTRACT the zips and NOT try to use the contents of the compressed files directly.
b. Run Setup.exe in dir(1). Press Next or Install in answer to everything. The only thing you have to change from default is from “I do not agree…” to “I agree with the license agreement…” to light up a Next button.
c. If prompted to restart your computer, restart the computer as directed.​

3. What to do—connection:
a. Connect the R6 to the computer using a good USB cable (no intermittent connections please!) while powered OFF. Wait until the HiBy logo passes and the charge animation shows up. Then press and hold the volume + and – buttons, then, while still holding those two buttons, start holding the power button as well. (Official instruction is simply to press and hold these three buttons at the same time. But if you press the power button before the volume buttons are held down, the device may not enter the right mode.) If successful, the R6 screen should flash the logo quickly and then go completely dark. Now you may release all buttons.
b. On your computer, press the windows key and type Device Manager and then enter. In Device Manager, look for the following (if your computer is in English):
and clicking on the arrow to the left should reveal: where ? is a random COM port number. If you do not see this, or the device that appears reads as anything else (in particular it must read “9008” and not any other number), I don’t know what to do because I haven’t had the unluck to come across the situation personally and so haven’t had the chance to decipher what the manuals have to say on the matter…​

4. What to do—setup:
a. Go into dir(2) (as per step 2a) and run QCOM_MultiDnload(Inner)(SMT)(vc10).exe .
b. Your Win10 computer may refuse to run the program. There no “run anyway” or “yes” button in this screen that I forgot to capture the only time it appeared. You click on the highlighted text that says “read more…” or something like that to reveal the “run anyway” link.
c. After a HiBy logo, this is what you *should* see:
If instead the window looks cut off, it has been reported (by Howard Sto on Facebook HiBy User Group) that changing the high DPI settings thusly should help:
(right click on the program name->choose Properties->choose Compatibility tab->tick Run this program as an administrator, then click Change high DPI settings…
Click OK on all windows when done. (and close and rerun the app)​

5. What to do—flash proper
a. Go back to Device Manager and look at this again:
Note the number after “COM”. If you could find this before but can’t find it now, it may be because the Download mode on the R6 has some kind of timeout. Disconnect the R6, hold the power button for 15 seconds until it restarts and boots into Android, turn it off again, connect to the computer again, wait for battery animation to show up, hold volume +, - and power button together again to enter download mode again. Look for the pictured COM number again.

b. In this screen,
clip_image011.jpg

click “software version” and navigate to your dir(3) (as per step 2a) and from there go into 8917_bin and then msm8917. Select msm8917 and press OK.

c. Make sure that one and only one of the 16 checkboxes on the left is ticked, then click the dropdown box “COMxx” to its right and select the COM number that’s the same as seen in step 5a.

d. Press Start to its right. The progress bar in the middle will go to 100% several times and then start moving slowly. At the end the light to its right should turn green and your R6 should reboot into the new OS.
Well, I still have an R6 with me as parting gift from the company. Thought it might be interesting to update it to 8.1 myself. My update went pretty much all according to plan but I tried to document it as much as possible anyway:

1. What you’ll need
a. HiBy R6 (on any version of firmware) well charged
b. The (1) (2) and (3) zip files downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...z7uL12kmlkGFJKsiJ5NM-TNuQB_nYtfbvxX92ZOvskr1s . There’s also a “Manual V1.0.pdf” but I struggle to understand its contents and HiBy will direct all people with questions to disregard this manual…
c. A windows computer RUNNING ON TEST MODE. Inside the (2) zip there is a batch script in testmode_bat called testmode_open.bat to put your computer into test mode, but the actual things required to actually put your computer into test mode varies by computer. Do not try to proceed, until you have something like these letterings on the lower right corner of your desktop: . Google "Windows (your version) Test Mode"​

2. What to do—pre-installation:
a. Right click on each zip file and select Extract All… to a common directory you can easily refer to. FROM HERE ON REFERENCES TO dir(1), dir(2) and dir(3) refer to the extracted contents of the 3 zips respectively. YOU MUST EXTRACT the zips and NOT try to use the contents of the compressed files directly.
b. Run Setup.exe in dir(1). Press Next or Install in answer to everything. The only thing you have to change from default is from “I do not agree…” to “I agree with the license agreement…” to light up a Next button.
c. If prompted to restart your computer, restart the computer as directed.​

3. What to do—connection:
a. Connect the R6 to the computer using a good USB cable (no intermittent connections please!) while powered OFF. Wait until the HiBy logo passes and the charge animation shows up. Then press and hold the volume + and – buttons, then, while still holding those two buttons, start holding the power button as well. (Official instruction is simply to press and hold these three buttons at the same time. But if you press the power button before the volume buttons are held down, the device may not enter the right mode.) If successful, the R6 screen should flash the logo quickly and then go completely dark. Now you may release all buttons.
b. On your computer, press the windows key and type Device Manager and then enter. In Device Manager, look for the following (if your computer is in English):
and clicking on the arrow to the left should reveal: where ? is a random COM port number. If you do not see this, or the device that appears reads as anything else (in particular it must read “9008” and not any other number), I don’t know what to do because I haven’t had the unluck to come across the situation personally and so haven’t had the chance to decipher what the manuals have to say on the matter…​

4. What to do—setup:
a. Go into dir(2) (as per step 2a) and run QCOM_MultiDnload(Inner)(SMT)(vc10).exe .
b. Your Win10 computer may refuse to run the program. There no “run anyway” or “yes” button in this screen that I forgot to capture the only time it appeared. You click on the highlighted text that says “read more…” or something like that to reveal the “run anyway” link.
c. After a HiBy logo, this is what you *should* see:
If instead the window looks cut off, it has been reported (by Howard Sto on Facebook HiBy User Group) that changing the high DPI settings thusly should help:
(right click on the program name->choose Properties->choose Compatibility tab->tick Run this program as an administrator, then click Change high DPI settings…
Click OK on all windows when done. (and close and rerun the app)​

5. What to do—flash proper
a. Go back to Device Manager and look at this again:
Note the number after “COM”. If you could find this before but can’t find it now, it may be because the Download mode on the R6 has some kind of timeout. Disconnect the R6, hold the power button for 15 seconds until it restarts and boots into Android, turn it off again, connect to the computer again, wait for battery animation to show up, hold volume +, - and power button together again to enter download mode again. Look for the pictured COM number again.

b. In this screen,
clip_image011.jpg

click “software version” and navigate to your dir(3) (as per step 2a) and from there go into 8917_bin and then msm8917. Select msm8917 and press OK.

c. Make sure that one and only one of the 16 checkboxes on the left is ticked, then click the dropdown box “COMxx” to its right and select the COM number that’s the same as seen in step 5a.

d. Press Start to its right. The progress bar in the middle will go to 100% several times and then start moving slowly. At the end the light to its right should turn green and your R6 should reboot into the new OS.

Joe Bloggs,

I followed your directions. I have used a windows 10 and 7 computer. Gone into testmode too. The step 1 driver install does not show up under device manager. Went on to steps 2 and 3. No cigar. Any other ideas worth trying you can think of. It's frustrating to see others getting Android 8.1 installed.

Jack

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #5,584 of 6,628
Joe Bloggs,

I followed your directions. I have used a windows 10 and 7 computer. Gone into testmode too. The step 1 driver install does not show up under device manager. Went on to steps 2 and 3. No cigar. Any other ideas worth trying you can think of. It's frustrating to see others getting Android 8.1 installed.

Jack
Did you properly extract the files from the zips?

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,585 of 6,628
I had this problem - then discovered the driver only shows up in device manager when the R6 is connected.

Take note of the comm port. When you run QCOM_MultiDnload(Inner)(SMT)(vc10) you will see one ticked box - change the comm number to the one in device manager. Hope this helps

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #5,586 of 6,628
I had this problem - then discovered the driver only shows up in device manager when the R6 is connected.

Take note of the comm port. When you run QCOM_MultiDnload(Inner)(SMT)(vc10) you will see one ticked box - change the comm number to the one in device manager. Hope this helps
Does it come up with an exclamation on the driver, if so try right clicking on it, click on the option that says something like find latest driver you should then be able to hold back your step 3 and it should work, just make sure the device is in download mode

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #5,587 of 6,628
I have problem with last update.
Stock HiBy Player plays flat in compare to Neutron in both Coax or USB out.
Please who use R6 as a source please confirm.
Just play some songs in HiBy player and after with Neutron o UAPP. Very obvious HiBy playr plays flat soundstage (
Previous fierware was good.
Any ideas.. is it only me )

Mar 2, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #5,588 of 6,628
I have problem with last update.
Stock HiBy Player plays flat in compare to Neutron in both Coax or USB out.
Please who use R6 as a source please confirm.
Just play some songs in HiBy player and after with Neutron o UAPP. Very obvious HiBy playr plays flat soundstage (
Previous fierware was good.
Any ideas.. is it only me )
I had some issue, I have been go back to Android 6. Now I am happy with that.

Mar 2, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #5,589 of 6,628
At this point I see no reason to update to an OTA unless it provides some significant improvement, i.e. increased battery life, stability or repairs a major issue with a feature you use! Unlike a cell phone there is not the same issue with security updates.

Mar 2, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #5,590 of 6,628
I had some issue, I have been go back to Android 6. Now I am happy with that.

Could you breafly tell how you did it or point where to read..
And where to get all files.
Thx. I think to do the same.

Mar 2, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #5,592 of 6,628
Could you breafly tell how you did it or point where to read..
And where to get all files.
Thx. I think to do the same.
The downgraid is the same process, like update from android 6 to android 8. Just on the last step you have to choose Android 6 updating files, contact in pm with Joe for Android 6 downloading path.

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #5,593 of 6,628
Joe Bloggs,

Jack
As a matter of fact yes:
1. Get a windows 10 computer with latest updates installed (and no history of trying to go through this r6 update)
2. Follow my guide but skip steps 1c (test mode) and 2b (installation of the provided drivers).

The proper device driver for the download mode r6 may install itself and you may proceed with the update.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 3, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #5,594 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs

Hi Joe, could you please share link for previous firmware 8.0 and 6.0
As I mantion last update did somethong wrong to HiBy playe, to me its not bit perfect anymore.. (
Need to rool back.
Thx

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #5,595 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs

Hi Joe, could you please share link for previous firmware 8.0 and 6.0
As I mantion last update did somethong wrong to HiBy playe, to me its not bit perfect anymore.. (
Need to rool back.
Thx
Please refer to the newly added postscript on the tutorial on page 349 :)
P.S. In case anyone updated to latest OTA updates and have issues serious and urgent enough to warrant an immediate rollback, this can be done by redoing the above to roll the R6 to the first Oreo update. You can even roll back to the last Marshmallow ROM by doing the same as the above but substituting the Oreo firmware with the following:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_2YUBJEeBS-8T3VekbwbL0INk8Saw8TK

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back