HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #5,356 of 6,622
Thank for the recommendation. Clamp force would be an issue I think.
There is one on ear I've been reading about, but closed so not really what I'm after.
The V moda xs, light, low clamp force apparently but still quite stable. I'd be isolated though.
Tyll likes it, some other reviews too, one Chinese lad doesn't. Pity I live so damn far away from decent pro audio shops.
Anyone listened? ..... Looks darn cool too, (the white ones, nah couldn't pull that off!) black might attract the ladies! (just don't ok).... An old man takes what he can get, well almost!

I suppose it's debatable that with the music playing your isolated anyway. Degrees of isolation, im thinking on it.
Doubt if I'll find an open back over ear to use portable, bit of a contradiction really.
I am using HD 660s. Very clean and 150 ohms. May not be the best choice money wise but are working really good for me.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #5,357 of 6,622

However, you mentioned comfort and I’ve had my current set for a year now and I definitely still can’t wear them for more than an hour with glasses on. Clamp force and is very strong. Also some people say the bass is boomy, doesn’t really bother me though. I listen to mostly electronic, soul, rap and rnb.

Pretty much my experience with them. Did try the p5's, comfortable but no isolation which is a no no and the sony mdr 1000 x2's which got returned due to hot spot on top of head hurting after an hour or so :frowning2:

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #5,358 of 6,622
There is one on ear I've been reading about, but closed so not really what I'm after.
The V moda xs, light, low clamp force apparently but still quite stable. I'd be isolated though.
Tyll likes it, some other reviews too, one Chinese lad doesn't. Pity I live so damn far away from decent pro audio shops.
Anyone listened? ..... Looks darn cool too, (the white ones, nah couldn't pull that off!) black might attract the ladies! (just don't ok).... An old man takes what he can get, well almost!

I suppose it's debatable that with the music playing your isolated anyway. Degrees of isolation, im thinking on it.
Doubt if I'll find an open back over ear to use portable, bit of a contradiction really.

As long as you don't abuse it amazon have a good returns system. Mind you don't take it too extremes like that one guy who tried and returned 10 (!) pairs of bluetooth headphones and got his account suspended. Much to the girlfriends annoyance it seems!

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #5,359 of 6,622

Might want to take a look at the bw px 3 or 5 range perhaps?

Edit:- sorry for three posts in a row, that's what you get for posting before reading the whole related post!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #5,360 of 6,622
Thanks for the replies.
Had a pair 650s, enjoyed them but sold, prefer my Focal Elear.
Had B&W P7 too, nice, enjoyed them.

It is more portable phones I'm after, something to pop in my back pack then pop on me sweed when the mood takes me.
Over ear open would be great but foldable/portable probably ain't going to be found, had a search but nowt yet. Pairing well with R6 also, I'm asking too much I reckon.
So unless anyone knows different on ears open, baring that on ears closed it'll have to be. Can't take in ears for long, especially while walking.

Jan 19, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #5,361 of 6,622
Just about check them out, did someone mention Senn HD1, for some reason I thought they didn't fold up.
Also the Master & Dynamic MH40 ... I see it's BT but I guess they can be wired which is my preference, they look to be semi open, I'll go check. Edit; ar they don't fold, found them in a folding portable headphone list?
V moda crossroads, might be better than the xs SQ wise.
Any experience with those?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #5,362 of 6,622
Thanks for the replies.
Had a pair 650s, enjoyed them but sold, prefer my Focal Elear.
Had B&W P7 too, nice, enjoyed them.

It is more portable phones I'm after, something to pop in my back pack then pop on me sweed when the mood takes me.
Over ear open would be great but foldable/portable probably ain't going to be found, had a search but nowt yet. Pairing well with R6 also, I'm asking too much I reckon.
So unless anyone knows different on ears open, baring that on ears closed it'll have to be. Can't take in ears for long, especially while walking.

Sennheiser momentum?

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #5,364 of 6,622
@rjoudrey
well Neutron and USB Audo Player Pro (UAPP) is must have with any Android device!

For example in my R6 QOBUZ app resample to Android 48Kz, while UAPP send it bitperfect corectly 44,1Khz
Netron much better streaming for local NAS..

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #5,365 of 6,622
Sennheiser momentum?

Thank you, I'll go and have a look, I think Senn momentum 2 is out I'll check reviews.

Edit, momentum 2 out, it's been out for yonks! Duh ..... It's got pretty decent reviews so I'll pop it on my list, cheers!

The other that's piqued my interest is the 1 more triple driver over ear, nice reviews. The thing that's confusing me about those is that they're supplied with a different driver for Europe. Instead of the graphene coating eu get titanium which I'm guessing will be a tad heavier. ... Confused me that one.
How they present compared back to back I haven't found a review yet.

It should pair nicely with the R6, I'll keep searching.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #5,366 of 6,622
Does anybody know why Hiby removed the parametric EQ plugin? It was a very useful option (despite not having proper GUI). Are they planning to bring it back?

Jan 22, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #5,367 of 6,622
Does the R6 in Stainless have a different back the R6 Pro's dual Gorilla glass?

I was wondering if Stainless version is the model that has more connectivity issues then even the aluminum version of the R6 ?

I have a Friend who update his aluminum n R6 to Android 8.1 and even before he did the update he had no WiF Issues.

Thoughts of you with stainless version on WiFi and Bluetooth would be appreciated .

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #5,368 of 6,622

I was wondering if Stainless version be the model that has more connectivity issues then even the aluminum version of the R6 ?

I have a Friend who update his aluminum n R6 to Android 8.1 and even before he did the update he had no WiF Issues ?

Thoughts of you with stainless version on WiFi and Bluetooth would be appreciated .

I don't know about the back being different. I have a stainless and the wifi for me is pretty bad.

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #5,370 of 6,622

I was wondering if Stainless version is the model that has more connectivity issues then even the aluminum version of the R6 ?

I have a Friend who update his aluminum n R6 to Android 8.1 and even before he did the update he had no WiF Issues.

I think the WiFi antenna on the R6 pro would simply be designed differently from that of the R6.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back